374     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 678     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're saying about the hope thing. Maybe it's exactly that, but until I hear that he has staged cancer, I'll believe it's all a plan. These are not normal, moral people, they are opportunistic and take advantage of people's emotions. We are being played. Only time will time if I'm right.

Totally on board with this. In fact, I am thinking he knew about the tumour back in May, just before rehab when he was briefly hospitalized. It was probably benign and he is using it now as an excuse to switch back to Ward 2 since he's probably read the writing on the wall re his mayoral ambitions.

The only puzzling part is Doug throwing his hat in for the mayoral race. Does he really think he has a chance? Does he even want that job??

Last edited:
Doug looked like he was about to break out smiling with his daughters when he said he had mixed feelings. He simply made his voice higher. That was feigned concern for sure. I bet Diane made the decision and they told Rob this was what was happening.

Every shit-hurricane has a silver lining of a few very funny and on-target jokes ...

Tabatha Southey @TabathaSouthey · 4h
Bright side of today is how much this is going to hurt Towhey's book sales, “Yeah, I wrote a book about the candidate for Ward 2."

(Sorry if I'm not first to post this here. Seriously hard to keep up today.)

Adrian Morrow
@AdrianMorrow
For the next six weeks, Doug Ford will provide a real life demonstration of why the PCs really, really didn't want him as a candidate

Ha!

Every shit-hurricane has a silver lining of a few very funny and on-target jokes ...

(Sorry if I'm not first to post this here. Seriously hard to keep up today.)

*Tries to register sympathy*

Last edited:
Last edited:
prem
That's because it's incredibly simple.

It's clear that Rob was not going to win the mayoral race. To keep Rob in political office, the only fallback position is to drop out and run for Ward 2, which he obviously has a better chance of winning (if not practically guaranteed).

Doug has has even less chance of winning the mayoralty race, but that's fine, because Doug has no interest in returning to city hall in the first place.

The "tumour" is an interesting development, as there needs to be an excuse for the switch.

Yup. Totally. I would only add that the tumour was known for a while and kept in the back pocket as a Plan B for just the eventuality you mentioned.

Last edited:
Ivor Tossell, on macleans.ca ...

Unlike Rob, who usually controlled his temper in public, Doug has a tendency to go on the attack at the slightest provocation, spinning ad-libbed conspiracy theories about people out to get him, be it Kathleen Wynne or the Toronto Police. This has landed him in endless trouble, having picked losing battles with everybody from Margaret Atwood (remember that?) to Police Chief Bill Blair, repeatedly crippling his brother’s agenda. Doug Ford has spent the last four years waging a permanent war on everything, and losing. None of this bodes well for a high-profile campaign.

(Sentence bolded by me, because I think it is great, and because i fervently hope it's prophetic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back