1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 659     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He died serving the public."

How much would that scan reveal?
Depends on the location of the tumours. If they're big enough, they show up pretty clearly. They look at the scans the same day so they might have had bad news today. Even if he was scanned a few months ago and they thought it was just a small benign tumour, they might have got a surprise today. You never know what's around the corner as you age. He definitely ticks a lot of the boxes for colon cancer risk, I wouldn't be surprised if they found something today.

No. I think this her chance to make a move. I expect on Monday we will havea whole new race.

After how soft she was today?

It was pretty clear that Rob, Doug and Mikey have Mother Ford's blessing.

Diane even cried for sympathy!

Depends on the location of the tumours. If they're big enough, they show up pretty clearly. They look at the scans the same day so they might have had bad news today. Even if he was scanned a few months ago and they thought it was just a small benign tumour, they might have got a surprise today. You never know what's around the corner as you age. He definitely ticks a lot of the boxes for colon cancer risk, I wouldn't be surprised if they found something today.

Thanks for the info. I guess we will find out soon.

If Rob Ford is nearing death, it seems thtey would want his legacy to be that he died while in public office, as if that would make him more respectable.

This is very plausible, if the diagnosis is guarded. Because hey, he died doing what he "loved", amirite?

Pure ego. Cost the taxpayers a by election.

This is very plausible, if the diagnosis is guarded.

Pure ego. Cost the taxpayers a by election.

And the residents of Ward 2 a genuine race (which they were already doing with Mike "The Mute" Stirpe). I'm trying to find a balance between cynicism and compassion....but it's tough.

(And, gawd, is there ANYTHING that would make Randy take off his stupid hat? We all know it's your trademark, big guy, but your brother might be dying.)

Kevin Donovan was on Citynews tonight and he said that next week on Friday we'll get documents regarding the latest ITO. I thought they'd be in court that day fighting for the release? He made it seem as though we'll see the papers on Friday. I trust what he says.
edit: I just realized that maybe the media will get to see them but they can't be published just yet. I forgot how this works, it's been awhile since we've dealt with ITOs!

Last edited:
If it isn't benign, they had no business registering Rob in Ward 2. It's not like he needs to hold onto the job to support his family. It's all about his pride and the Ford family political dynasty. They make me sick.

Maybe it's about giving an ill man some hope, something to look forward to?

I don't even know. I'm feeling more cynical than I was yesterday, but I haven't completely crossed over to full-on cynicism yet. There are just so many parts of this that don't make sense to me. Too many coincidences and things to have fallen into place with perfect timing for this whole thing to be genuine, and yet there are several things about the "this was all planned" part that don't make logical sense to me, either.

I guess the only thing I can do is sit back and watch it play out.

They're millionaires (and we're in Canada, so what medical expenses?) and he'd already have all that from having worked as a councillor for 14 years and also Mikey was already there and ready to carry the torch.

If you've ever been sick you would know what expenses. Cancer drugs, for example. You may not pay for them as an inpatient but you pay for them as an outpatient and they aren't cheap. And life insurance would be impossible to get at this point whereas it's pretty much guaranteed through a group plan. Yes I know they're millionaires but this is the Fords we are talking about. Just saying ...

If they have the results, why didn't they disclose that tonight? Instead we get a eulogy. I think they're playing up the sympathy for as long as they can. If it's not benign, what's the next step? Lie about the results? Downplay the results? People have a right to know if he's seriously ill, if he wasn't on the ballot, then I'd say it was his business and not ours.

My thinking is that they don't have a definitive diagnosis yet, but that the doctors are prepping the family for bad news. Either that, or FoFam is re-living the trauma of Doug Sr.'s death. But tonight's performance — at least part I could stomach for all the lies — was certainly dramatic. Makes me wonder if we'll get any more updates on Rob's prognosis. If the news is really bad, he may not want to release it for the sake of protecting his ward campaign.

Last edited:
The reason you think about not losing your job when you are ill is called medical benefits and life insurance. A safe seat like Ward 2 ensures your family is not encumbered by huge medical expenses when you are discharged and an outpatient. Plus your kids get insurance $$$. Cynical maybe but they are cheap, even though they are millionaires and can afford it.

The city has great benefits. Not to be morbid, but it includes a $500,000 life insurance policy. I know he has Deco and a trust fund, but what the heck.

After hearing the Hotmail Lawyer on CP24 just now - her commented on the fact that Tory will have to shelve his attack ads he had ready to go against RoFo - I wonder if the Tory camp on its hands on the Crack Video footages...? Would make sense.

Kouvalis is running Tory's campaign, and forsaw the bait and switch coming weeks ago. Doug attack ads are probably already in the can.

Agreed. It's so clear that Chow is a follower, not a leader. She's never been a leader and I think people are seeing that now. Tory has proven he is a leader.

People bash John Tory for who he has running his campaign but the ones running his campaign know how to win and they know this election is a nasty fight. Tom Allison, Bob Richardson, John Capobianco and Nick Kouvalis are some of the top Tory campaign who know HOW to win. Chow doesn't have staff who are nearly as strong. It's clear Chow was told to be Ford-friendly today and Tory was told to come out Ford-friendly and then remind everyone that voting for mayoral candidate Doug Ford is bad news.

Tory was the leader of a party, not a government, at best he pounded his fist hard.

Just optics I suppose.
Watch Dianne - she is very sad.
And Doug's daughters were laughing in the background. The one in the middle couldn't stop smiling.

This smells either way it goes, I think there is surely a manipulation of truths. Shame on all the family members for such actions.

Maybe it's about giving an ill man some hope, something to look forward to?

I don't even know. I'm feeling more cynical than I was yesterday, but I haven't completely crossed over to full-on cynicism yet. There are just so many parts of this that don't make sense to me. Too many coincidences and things to have fallen into place with perfect timing for this whole thing to be genuine, and yet there are several things about the "this was all planned" part that don't make logical sense to me, either.

I guess the only thing I can do is sit back and watch it play out.

I know what you're saying about the hope thing. Maybe it's exactly that, but until I hear that he has staged cancer, I'll believe it's all a plan. These are not normal, moral people, they are opportunistic and take advantage of people's emotions. We are being played. Only time will time if I'm right.

As I understand it, a CT can still miss things - it's by no means perfect, but it's the best visual diagnoses available to Doctors, probably even better than opening him up and doing a visual inspection of an area after removing something like a cyst on an organ. The only thing better is an autopsy, downside: you have to be dead. Remember, they already have blood panels, and they can often tell a story too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back