347     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 507     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 628     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason you think about not losing your job when you are ill is called medical benefits and life insurance. A safe seat like Ward 2 ensures your family is not encumbered by huge medical expenses when you are discharged and an outpatient. Plus your kids get insurance $$$. Cynical maybe but they are cheap, even though they are millionaires and can afford it.

They're millionaires (and we're in Canada, so what medical expenses?) and he'd already have all that from having worked as a councillor for 14 years and also Mikey was already there and ready to carry the torch.

Frankly, if he knows it's that bad and he is running just to win or for the money or whatever ,instead of letting the Mikey-Domise race play out, that doesn't make any more sense or seem any more honourable to me. Then he's running knowing he won't serve the term, just on principle, so he can go out a winner or whatever. Nah, I can't wrap my head around that contradiction.

Just speculation, but I bet that cancer is more extensive than is being let on. Even if he wins, he likely won't be able to show up for work.
That's kind of what I'm thinking too. Whether he can return to work is a big unknown, likely even to Rob right now, but he can handily win Ward 2 sitting in a chair at Mt. Siinai with a chemo drip in him.

No tears. He got the choked up voice down though. The daughters seemed to find the whole thing pretty funny.
I saw that too, pretty disrespectful. Imagine Doug calling the wife and kids outside for BBQ dinner? KARLA! KRISTA!, KAYLA!, KARA! KYLA! Say that three times in a row.

If Rob Ford is nearing death, it seems they would want his legacy to be that he died while in public office, as if that would make him more respectable.

Last edited:
Rob will win, with ease.

In the most recent Forum Mayoral poll (grain of salt), Rob was listed in third place in Etobicoke/York with 28%, behind Chow at 33% and Tory at 37%. Is it possible that the Fords have their calculus wrong here, assuming that Rob can win with ease? A strong candidate like Domise may be able to really take the battle to Ford in the Councillor race. Unlike Chow and Tory, he's got nothing to lose. I say, GLOVES OFF!

I had posted the insurance theory earlier. I am quite sure that contributed to the decision to get Rob to run. I hope he loses

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. Whether he can return to work is a big unknown, likely even to Rob right now, but he can handily win Ward 2 sitting in a chair at Mt. Siinai with a chemo drip in him.

I saw that too, pretty disrespectful. Imagine Doug calling the wife and kids outside for BBQ dinner? KARLA! KRISTA!, KAYLA!, KARA! KYLA! Say that three times in a row.

The daughters reactions made me feel like they know their Dad is full of shit.

The daughters reactions made me feel like they know their Dad is full of shit.
I think the daughter in the middle was overwhelmed by being on tv. She was looking in the camera the entire time and smiling. Is she the one that's supposed to have a show on Rogers?
Even Doug's wife was smiling on tv. She waved at someone behind the cameras and smiled. Doug is practically tearing up and she's jolly.

Last edited:
Ohhhh, I know---if it comes out that they knew Rob was in bad shape when they registered him for Ward 2, that would look bad. Still, it was the hospital that said the tests would take a week, and I'm more inclined to believe them than any Ford.

The actual quote from the Doctor was the biopsy results could take "up to a week". I caught that late last night, missed it first time around. Meanwhile he had the scan today, results are pretty much immediate once passed on to the Doctor or Oncologist to examine.

If Rob Ford is nearing death, it seems they would want his legacy be that he died while in public office, as if that would make him more respectable.

"He died serving the public."

The actual quote from the Doctor was the biopsy results could take "up to a week". I caught that late last night, missed it first time around. Meanwhile he had the scan today, results are pretty much immediate once passed on to the Doctor or Oncologist to examine.

How much would that scan reveal?

If it isn't benign, they had no business registering Rob in Ward 2. It's not like he needs to hold onto the job to support his family. It's all about his pride and the Ford family political dynasty. They make me sick.

Setting up a "win one for the Gipper" scenario is exactly what I've come to expect from the Fords. It will be megalomania down to Rob's last breath. At least if he does die, Doug won't be around in politics to use his dead brother as a prop at every opportunity the way Rob did with their father.

If they have the results, why didn't they disclose that tonight? Instead we get a eulogy. I think they're playing up the sympathy for as long as they can. If it's not benign, what's the next step? Lie about the results? Downplay the results? People have a right to know if he's seriously ill, if he wasn't on the ballot, then I'd say it was his business and not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back