1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 915     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 571     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Thomson running in Ward 20, that will make two former provincial Trinity Spadina provincial Liberal candidates running for the vacant seat. Thomson ran unsuccessfully in 2011, and Kathyn Holloway, also running in Ward 20, in 2007.

I don't especially like Tory. I think he's an out-of-touch waffler who probably knows his gimmicky-named "SmartTrack" is as ludicrous and unworkable as it is. And he employs Kouvalis. Since amalgamation there have been 6 years of stagnation under Mel "Sheppard Subway" Lastman, 7 years of progressive city-building undone by a garbage strike under Miller, and 4 years of setbacks, drama, and disaster under a lying scumbag (a charitable assessment if there ever was one).

Tory will probably backtrack on his SmartTrack, at least until he finds some other position to change, or perhaps once he inevitably parts ways with Kouvalis.

Here's a hypothetical for everyone. One race. Two candidates: Rob vs. Doug. Who are you going to vote for?

(This is the only situation where I could see myself voting for Rob.)

Doug. He may be worse in most respects, but that's only because he's even more confrontational. Without the "charisma" or "everyman" persona. Consequently, he'd never even have replicated Rob's early "successes" in "cancelling" Transit City, among other things.

tumblr_mgqn2xw3C91r5ls6go1_500.gif

And it's Kat for the win!

"It would be nice to think that a small little show, a little band of actors could have an impact on a major city election," said Brett McCaig. "I highly doubt we could sway this election. But it will be nice to think we could."

The musical is not about making Ford look horrible or about making him look fantastic, noted the show's director, Liz Gilroy.

"We make it very clear that he made some really bad choices and we don't forgive him for any of that," she said. "But we also try to find his humanity about why he would make those mistakes and who is to blame?"

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...ome-people-think-he-s-the-real-deal-1.1987412

I don't especially like Tory. I think he's an out-of-touch waffler who probably knows his gimmicky-named "SmartTrack" is as ludicrous and unworkable as it is. And he employs Kouvalis. Since amalgamation there have been 6 years of stagnation under Mel "Sheppard Subway" Lastman, 7 years of progressive city-building undone by a garbage strike under Miller, and 4 years of setbacks, drama, and disaster under a lying scumbag (a charitable assessment if there ever was one).

Tory will probably backtrack on his SmartTrack, at least until he finds some other position to change, or perhaps once he inevitably parts ways with Kouvalis.

Doug. He may be worse in most respects, but that's only because he's even more confrontational. Without the "charisma" or "everyman" persona. Consequently, he'd never even have replicated Rob's early "successes" in "cancelling" Transit City, among other things.

Doug has even managed to turn off members of Ford Nation! I would be interested to see of they felt he was a liability to the campaign.

Maybe this time he'll go for faith-based transit.

Faith based school in trains?

Yes... after Dougie's scrum today, the Ford Compact is reliving the same election as 2010, even invoking "Smitherman" and accusing Tory, and the media, of attacking the Ford Compact with partisan politics.

I can wait for the "Subways Speech" tomorrow to see how it actually differs from the last election or if we can expect the same promises, and going nowhere.

Much more! There are even many Liberals more conservative than John. He's a progressive in conservative clothing. Cares deeply about arts and culture, priority neighbourhoods, etc.

Agreed. Comparisons to Ford are completely off base, as are insinuations that Tory is another Tea Party candidate. Hudak he is not.x

Can't wait to hear the funding plan. Will there be a map drawn in crayons?

Let's hope that Robbie uses a real map with actual facts like the BD subway going to the STC, and not ending at somewhere around Main Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back