2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 797     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are absolutely correct. In my innumerate rage I actually believed for a moment that by casting a smelly chad in Ford's direction, one might blunt the seemingly juggernauted Tory campaign. And as Cooper said, it's based on a flawed theory. I dislike them all. Tory is slightly less unpalatable than Ford (at least he has a record of civic engagement and, like, giving a shit). Chow has never been my cup o' latte. It's like 2010 all over again.

Full disclosure: In 2003 I was one of those Torontopian airheads who thought something good might happen here. Not that it hasn't. Just that it could be so much more.

Wow. What happened in 2003 to you?

I'm flabbergasted by the number of 'I'd vote Ford rather than X' posts. Is everyone INSANE? Ford is a milion times worse than either!

Whatever Tory's flaws, at least he'd (hopefully) not be using the mayor's office to *ahem* logistically direct violent threats, extortion, physical assault, who knows what.

Agreed that this is, um, highly unlikely. But that's kind of an easy limbo, no? However, I don't have a hard time imagining many tented fingers hissily murmuring 'Excellent' in the 'YAY, TORY' boardrooms across the nation. Yes, 'nation'. Nor is is it difficult to envisage many progressive infrastructure possibilities completely dismissed in favour of more ridiculous, costlier projects in the private interest. (You thought DoFo's rugged advancement of monorails and ferris wheels was bad? Wait for the slick salesmanship of something really egregious coming from the interests behind Tory.)

Having had dealings with Mr. Tory in the past, you'll be happy to know he resolutely cares little for your ever-so-more petite interests. Nor for those that happen to occur outside his gated brain. I do actually like the guy. He's reasonably personable. Zero respect, though. As far as searching for an 'Anti-Ford' saviour, I would caution to be careful what you wish for. They put Tory out there because he is the blandest snake in the nest.

Monied interests are behind Tory so he will win, nobody who makes less than 6 figures in this city has any real choice in the matter.

Tory is more progressive than Rob. I don't buy this argument.

Much more! There are even many Liberals more conservative than John. He's a progressive in conservative clothing. Cares deeply about arts and culture, priority neighbourhoods, etc.

Sarah Thompson is gonna drop out tomorrow and is considering a run at ward 20.

On Don Peat's twitter he mentioned that she is having a presser tomorrow about mayoral election. I just got phone polled asking "Who would be the best councillor in ward 20?" The 2nd choice...Sarah Thompson...
Ward 20? Great, she can join the other 25 or so candidates.

Much more! There are even many Liberals more conservative than John. He's a progressive in conservative clothing. Cares deeply about arts and culture, priority neighbourhoods, etc.

Also, unlike Ford, he supports Pride and the LGBT community.

early.jpg

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/506910257525055488

Attachments

• early.jpg
    early.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 778
Wow. What happened in 2003 to you?

I'm flabbergasted by the number of 'I'd vote Ford rather than X' posts. Is everyone INSANE? Ford is a milion times worse than either!

I would under no, nada, zero, zilch circumstances cast a vote for that allegedly low-living, crimmed-up, goose-shit enforcer unless I suspected there was something potentially worse barreling down desperation alley. If a vote for "I'm-Rob-Fucking-Ford, The-Mayor-Of-This-Fucking-City" could mathematically prevent that, it's a stigma with which I could live. However, as has been pointed out, ain't gonna happen. Because, math. And Microsoft Paint.

Vote Tory!

Whatever Tory's flaws, at least he'd (hopefully) not be using the mayor's office to *ahem* logistically direct violent threats, extortion, physical assault, who knows what.

not the illegal stuff, but there will be cronyism, deals with business buddies, etc. Otherwise what's the point of being in the old-boys club? ;)

I don't know if I believe that there is a person who doesn't do that.

I would under no, nada, zero, zilch circumstances cast a vote for that allegedly low-living, crimmed-up, goose-shit enforcer unless I suspected there was something potentially worse barreling down desperation alley. If a vote for "I'm-Rob-Fucking-Ford, The-Mayor-Of-This-Fucking-City" could mathematically prevent that, it's a stigma with which I could live. However, as has been pointed out, ain't gonna happen. Because, math. And Microsoft Paint.

Vote Tory!

Here's a hypothetical for everyone. One race. Two candidates: Rob vs. Doug. Who are you going to vote for?

(This is the only situation where I could see myself voting for Rob.)

I just want a City Hall with a lot less drama. Sure, there will always be bickering in Council and people will have opposing views, but nothing like the Ford circus.

I wish she would hold the presser at CH and respond to questions that "apparently the rules have been waived, cuz DoFo did it"
Sarah Thompson is gonna drop out tomorrow and is considering a run at ward 20.

On Don Peat's twitter he mentioned that she is having a presser tomorrow about mayoral election. I just got phone polled asking "Who would be the best councillor in ward 20?" The 2nd choice...Sarah Thompson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back