News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jpags 7m
Candidates get five minutes to talk on predetermined topics. This is not a debate, moderator says, not interested in rebuttals.

useless, really. FordBros blew it by dumping one of the softball ones where there would be no rebuttal (though I guess they wanted to avoid the heckling).

I was thinking maybe it's not confrontational enough. He's stupid enough to think he can scream "you guys!!! Subways!!!" And that's a good rebuttal.

Okay, then. If this continues. I'll be voting Ford to split that vote. Tory is such an insufferable prat and upper-class twit. Ford didn't have the power or 'right connections' to sell the city to corporate hyper-over-master-lords (of the proper sort, wut, wut). Tory does. Not that he would, just that he could. Gah.

I don't get how voting Ford to stop Tory really works out mathematically unless you were already planning to vote for Tory. How would that work?

@TOMayorFrod 21m
Assembling my army of volunteers to go canvassing. I'm pumped! I won't need another bump for an hour. #TOpoli
BwkArVaCYAArZQb.jpg

don't know where Frod got this pic from. God is he red.

He looks terrible.

I agree. I was expecting Olivia to bring the passion she brought to the House of Commons. My first vote was for Olivia and then Tory. Maybe her heart just isn't in this trade anymore without Jack around - and I would not blame her if this was the case. Or maybe just too soon. I hope Tory reaches out to her to include her in his plans some how - she is a solid asset, a treasure to this city - that should not be discarded.

I'm pretty much on your page. I'm not ruling anything out yet, but it's not looking great for her. Soks in my fave out of all them, but it has to be Tory, I'm OK with that.

I don't get how voting Ford to stop Tory really works out mathematically unless you were already planning to vote for Tory. How would that work?

I guess the theory is based on the idea that Olivia's supporters dislike John more than they dislike Rob. I don't think that's the case.

Okay, then. If this continues. I'll be voting Ford to split that vote. Tory is such an insufferable prat and upper-class twit. Ford didn't have the power or 'right connections' to sell the city to corporate hyper-over-master-lords (of the proper sort, wut, wut). Tory does. Not that he would, just that he could. Gah.

I hope this is a joke....'cuz talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Ford and Chow are close, so if you really don't want Tory to win, then vote Chow. A vote for Ford to stick it to Tory is just like all the yokels who voted Ford to stick it to the "elitists" (elitists being those uppity types who try not to break the law. What a buncha pussies, amirite? Barf.)

You are absolutely correct. In my innumerate rage I actually believed for a moment that by casting a smelly chad in Ford's direction, one might blunt the seemingly juggernauted Tory campaign. And as Cooper said, it's based on a flawed theory. I dislike them all. Tory is slightly less unpalatable than Ford (at least he has a record of civic engagement and, like, giving a shit). Chow has never been my cup o' latte. It's like 2010 all over again.

Full disclosure: In 2003 I was one of those Torontopian airheads who thought something good might happen here. Not that it hasn't. Just that it could be so much more.

Whatever Tory's flaws, at least he'd (hopefully) not be using the mayor's office to *ahem* logistically direct violent threats, extortion, physical assault, who knows what.

Sarah Thompson is gonna drop out tomorrow and is considering a run at ward 20.

On Don Peat's twitter he mentioned that she is having a presser tomorrow about mayoral election. I just got phone polled asking "Who would be the best councillor in ward 20?" The 2nd choice...Sarah Thompson...

Whatever Tory's flaws, at least he'd (hopefully) not be using the mayor's office to *ahem* logistically direct violent threats, extortion, physical assault, who knows what.

True, but that really says something about how low the bar is in Toronto at the moment.

Sarah Thompson is gonna drop out tomorrow and is considering a run at ward 20.

On Don Peat's twitter he mentioned that she is having a presser tomorrow about mayoral election. I just got phone polled asking "Who would be the best councillor in ward 20?" The 2nd choice...Sarah Thompson...

I just got a call on my landline, asking who I'd vote for my councillor in the upcoming election. I selected Pam McConnell from the choices given. I'm not sure who is doing the polling though - they were calling from 855-552-6475.

CP24 cut away from the Mayoral Forum simulcast to show Ford talking and avoiding answering reporters' questions as to why he wasn't at the debate. He was red-faced, doing his usual eyes-closed lid fluttering and swatting at things in the air. He finished his "speech" by mopping the sweat off his face with a rag. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back