484     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 590     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through the proceedings, you could be forgiven for thinking someone was talking to a robot. Seems like all Ford could admit to was "he/she told me to do that" or "I don't know."

how can someone who's been on council for more than a decade claim ignorance ?!? which btw is not a defence from what little i know.

either he knew and didn't care - which is most likely in this case;
or he didn't know after a decade of doing the same job, which shows me he's incompetant and unqualified for a councilor role, let alone being mayor.

Since when did CityTV become SunTV? I found their reporting to be really skewed to benefit Ford. CBC and CTV appeared much more objective.

CityTV are fanboys of FraudNation

Don't you mean CP24, which is now a property of CTVGlobeMedia?

CTV/Globe and Mail is just a less rabid mouthpiece for the Conservatives. The Globe is much smarter than the Sun, and still has a few progressive and liberal/Liberal columnists like Lawrence Martin. But both the paper and CTV have sold out completely to Harper (see the botched interview with Stephane Dion, and ex-CTV "journalists" gorging at the Senate trough). It's pretty much a given that prominent Globe columnist John Ibbitson has his nose so dirty so he can join Mike Duffy who's stuffing his face. The Globe has long been a pro-business paper, but had a social liberalist streak. It's gone down hill.

The National Post, which was launched by now-disgraced Conrad Black, was meant to fill that role, though it has slowly gone closer to a more non-partisan but still right-leaning publication.

Last edited:
Don't you mean CP24, which is now a property of CTVGlobeMedia

CTVGlobeMedia no longer exists. there is no partnership between CTV and the Globe anymore. It's now called "Bell Media".

CTVGlobeMedia no longer exists. there is no partnership between CTV and the Globe anymore. It's now called "Bell Media".

It's hard to keep track. BellGlobeMedia, CTVglobemedia, now Bell Media. Still, CTV and the Globe, now their separate ways, are almost as bad as Quebecor's properties as Harper cheerleaders.

Still, CTV and the Globe, now their separate ways, are almost as bad as Quebecor's properties as Harper cheerleaders.

Agreed, all media outlets in this city are lazy and incompetant. No-one does any research, they all simply read press releases. It's pathetic.

For Rob Ford? Yeah, maybe.
I meant suicide watch for the TB posters who are emotionally invested to an abnormal degree.

I agree with others that the court is most likely to find he has done something wrong, it just comes down to punishment. I can't see a transgression of this sort to be worthy of booting him from office, though.

Don't you mean CP24, which is now a property of CTVGlobeMedia?

CTV/Globe and Mail is just a less rabid mouthpiece for the Conservatives. The Globe is much smarter than the Sun, and still has a few progressive and liberal/Liberal columnists like Lawrence Martin. But both the paper and CTV have sold out completely to Harper (see the botched interview with Stephane Dion, and ex-CTV "journalists" gorging at the Senate trough). It's pretty much a given that prominent Globe columnist John Ibbitson has his nose so dirty so he can join Mike Duffy who's stuffing his face. The Globe has long been a pro-business paper, but had a social liberalist streak. It's gone down hill.

The National Post, which was launched by now-disgraced Conrad Black, was meant to fill that role, though it has slowly gone closer to a more non-partisan but still right-leaning publication.

Interesting to hear your comments on the G&M. I don't see the Globe in that way at all. I have no particular axe to grind re: Ibbotson one way or the other, and Duffy was not a Globe reporter, but rather a CTV mouthpiece. How do you view the Star?

Twitter feed is looking like the judge may be thinking there's not a conflict of interest.

The mayor suggests he was unaware he breached provincial conflict-of-interest legislation. He was first elected city councillor in 2000, re-elected in 2003, re-elected in 2006, and elected mayor in 2010. Each time he was given a opportunity to attend an orientation meeting and receive his own copy of the handbook.

Was he also unaware of the contents of the driver's handbook to excuse his driving habits of talking on his cell phone and reading his speech?

(You can download a PDF copy of the 2010-2014 Council Handbook from this link. It's 145 pages long. Does not include the Appendixes, Key Contacts and Index, which the hardcopy version would have. Do not read while driving.)

I believe that CityTV is more progressive than CTV (and CityNews Channel is likewise more progressive than CP24).

CityPulse/CityNews has a long history of being more progressive, such as having Colin Vaughan and his son Adam being reporters for CityTV before they joined politics.

It is unfortunate that CityNews Channel is only on Rogers-provided television packages (though to be fair, CityTV and CityNews Channel are Rogers properties).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back