218     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 628     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 988     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left council shortly after it started this morning (the sound of robbie's voice only played a small part in me having to evacuate). Did he leave the session?

Rob showed up shortly after 2 p.m., with Doug, both looking extremely angry. That big slouchy way they have of parading in with the grim faces on. They were in and out most of the afternoon. Speculate away if Rob's lunchtime visit chez Goldsbie had anything to do with his mood. However several cell calls took place during the afternoon along with the usual walkabouts that they do. Over the next hour, Rob got very chatty (to the point of disruption) so perhaps they got some good news during the p.m.

And they would start following the rules at that point, because...?

I agree with this sentiment, but this might be one rule they can't bend in a hypothetical situation.

I'd understood the city doesn't allow you to hire a close relative as staff.

Makes sense to me.

Agreeing to go to rehab will NOT have any affect on her losing or keeping her license, if she failed to blow or blew over she's done.

The only leeway a judge has would be on sentencing on the other charges.

That's not entirely true. If she's convicted, yes. But if there's a resolution in place with the Crown whereby she goes to rehab in exchange for the withdrawal of her charges or a plea to non-DUI charges, she wouldn't lose her license.

I agree with this sentiment, but this might be one rule they can't bend in a hypothetical situation.

It will be spun as Doug volunteering to help the mayor, and the city by extension.

What, you pinkos are going to turn away a volunteer who shows up at City Hall to help the city, so you can hire 3 unionized city workers to do one tenth the work? THE HUMANITY.

~~~

ETA: Videodrome, to be clear, I am just having some fun with my remarks. I think and sincerely hope that you are correct and DoFo would be prevented from operating in this capacity.

ETA2: I am stopping now, as thinking about RoFo's re-election in even a hypothetical way is making me sad.

Last edited:
It will be spun as Doug volunteering to help the mayor, and the city by extension.

What, you pinkos are going to turn away a volunteer who shows up at City Hall to help the city, so you can hire 3 unionized city workers to do one tenth the work? THE HUMANITY.

~~~

ETA: Videodrome, to be clear, I am just having some fun with my remarks. I think and sincerely hope that you are correct and DoFo would be prevented from operating in this capacity.

ETA2: I am stopping now, as thinking about RoFo's re-election in even a hypothetical way is making me sad.

I agree that it is a sad hypothetical situation. Now, one I think might be amusing is if Rob loses but Mikey wins. He would be a deer in the headlights at council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back