Not open for further replies.
Caught up on thread now.

cat-proceed.jpg

Edited to add: Thanks, MODS!

Attachments

• cat-proceed.jpg
    cat-proceed.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 695
My guess is that Ford isn't growing his base, but Tory and Chow are dropping because they are losing votes to Soknacki.

He does have good ideas.

Typically in Toronto polls, Forum always puts Rob higher than any of the other polls do. When it comes to Toronto politics, forum is usually off base, I have no idea why since their provincial polling appears to be more accurate. Anyhoo, I wouldn't take a forum Toronto poll too seriously.

I hope so. It just scares me that so many people still love him.

The more you look, the funnier it gets.
View attachment 31966

WAT

I agree that it is a sad hypothetical situation. Now, one I think might be amusing is if Rob loses but Mikey wins. He would be a deer in the headlights at council.

I really think this is their plan B. If Ford loses and Mikey, against all odds, wins, then Mikey quits, a by-election is called and RoFo gets voted right back in.

Forum

A Forum poll, too. How is that even possible?

Forum has been the only pollster that has been in the field regularly in Toronto over the past 4 years. So, its surveys have been useful for spotting trends. And I must say given its recent track record in other elections, Forum's reputation for inaccuracy is overstated.
I'm wondering if what we'll see is something like Ford 28%, Tory 27% and Chow 25%, an uptick for Soknacki to 10% now that Stintz is out, and a big jump in the undecideds to 10%.
That would indicate Ford in the lead by virtue of hanging on to his existing support while the numbers shift in other camps, and anti-Ford voters who had been backing other candidates becoming uncertain who to support. If that's the case, there's no reason for anti-Forders to panic. It's still early and there's time for the anybody-but-Ford vote to coalesce around one candidate.
However, if this poll suggests a groundswell of support for Ford - with him taking votes from Stintz and Tory somehow - then there is definite reason for concern. This wasn't in the cards just a few weeks ago as Ford's growth was stagnant and he wasn't the second choice of voters for any of the other candidates. I had been expecting some sort of post-rehab bump in the polls for Ford and was puzzled that he wasn't getting any. This might be just a delayed reaction to his extremely high visibility in the media and his ability to upstage the other candidates.

I really think this is their plan B. If Ford loses and Mikey, against all odds, wins, then Mikey quits, a by-election is called and RoFo gets voted right back in.

Plan C is if Ford and Mikey both lose. In that case they'll send Sandro to work over Domise with a police baton. Unfortunately for Sandro he won't have Kathy around to save his candy ass.

What the hell is wrong with people? How can he possibly be first? The other two are underwhelming the hell out of most of us but Ford being first is incredibly stupid...and scary.

What the hell is wrong with people? How can he possibly be first? The other two are underwhelming the hell out of most of us but Ford being first is incredibly stupid...and scary.
I'm so distrustful of Toronto municipal politics now that I really consider these Forum polls engineered to lead.

Is all of this concern about this forum poll coming solely because of one tweet from MarcusG where he said that there were people talking about it at an event? Shouldn't we wait to see the poll before we start panicking?

eta: totally sublime. You have to know who paid for the poll and what questions were asked before you take it seriously. In this case, right now it's just a rumour.

"McRobb's Matter put over until Sept. 23 at 9:30 a.m."

"McRobb was not keen to speaking with us. A lawyer (not hers) accompanied her to her truck and she drove off."
https://twitter.com/SunReporterYuen/status/504279623908487168

View attachment 31931

McRobb also said she visited Toronto recently, but has "never been to city hall."

"She did speak with me outside of court before her appearance. Said she has not spoken to both Doug and @TOMayorFord ."

Looks like a monster truck. Expensive to own and operate.

Is that her son in the keychain?

I guess we should keep in mind that Wildrose had a 10 point lead in Alberta and the PC's easily won a huge majority. The BC Liberals also looked to be in a tough spot and got a majority.

Last edited:
Is all of this concern about this forum poll coming solely because of one tweet from MarcusG where he said that there were people talking about it at an event? Shouldn't we wait to see the poll before we start panicking?

eta: totally sublime. You have to know who paid for the poll and what questions were asked before you take it seriously. In this case, right now it's just a rumour.

What worries me is the optics. If it is indeed true, the Fords are going to be unbearable. I hope this lights a fire under Chow's ass because as of now, the only thing that impresses me about her is the LRT endorsement.

What worries me is the optics. If it is indeed true, the Fords are going to be unbearable. I hope this lights a fire under Chow's ass because as of now, the only thing that impresses me about her is the LRT endorsement.

Rob already said once that their "internal polling" put him in the lead. They already think they're winning! This poll won't make any difference. These delusional nitwits live in a world where every poll puts Rob ahead. If anything this poll will convince people that they need to vote for either Tory or Chow and take votes away from Soks. It's not going to help Ford. It might make him unbearable, but when was he bearable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back