News   Jul 15, 2024
 889     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you one of those Ford apologists?

I'd be curious to know the percentage of Toronto citizens who complained about the Jarvis bike lanes that warranted discussion for their removal. It's very likely less than 0.01% of all citizens. Also, what percentage of all Toronto citizens complained about the 5 cent bag fee? Again, it's likely a tiny fraction of 1 percentile.

It's funny that these complaints were taken so seriously and other complaints are totally disregarded.

Come on, Automation Gallery has been kissing Ford's butt for so long, I'm sure he has stretch marks around his lips.

Here again we have an instance were Rob Ford should be charged by Police and yet the Toronto Police are bending over backwards saying he didn't break the law because the distracted driving law only applies to hand-held devices.

I was caught speeding 4 times and escaped fines. The Toronto Police are bending over backwards for me too :p

Suggesting that the Toronto Police bend over backwards for the Mayor is very idiotic and one that Chief Blair and the TPSB would gladly knock your teeth out for saying

Last edited:
This nonsense has gone on far too long, this guy has to be shown the front door at City Hall.

monkey.jpg

Ford is an A-hole. Period! If/when he causes an accident, hopefully he'll be the only one injured.

I hate Ford and all.. But this is one of those things that's being exaggerated and blown out of proportion. Yes it is dangerous to not be fully paying attention while driving (the only reading I've done at the wheel is directions or else I wait until I'm stopped), but it's not like he was looking down at his cellphone or something.

His handling of it was not good, however. He should have just said "you're right, I'm sorry. I was just trying to get caught up on a document" or something.

But this is one of those things that's being exaggerated and blown out of proportion

Taken by itself, yes - but we aren't exactly talking about someone virgin to these sorts of transgressions. The constant pattern of demonstrable wrongdoing, coupled with a) denial and/or b) dismissiveness is quite frankly conduct unbecoming, and in the private sector, an employee would have shown the boot if they do so on the job. Now here is a comparison with the private sector we didn't hear about.

AoD

Cops are saying what he was doing wasn't illegal, however...

Woman charged for reading book at 100km/hr
By Heather Rivers, QMI AGENCY

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — A 63-year-old Innerkip, Ont., woman is facing careless driving charges because she just couldn’t resist a good book.

On Tuesday at around12:15 p.m., an officer was conducting a routine patrol on Highway 401 in the Woodstock area when he spotted a driver reading a book in plain sight while travelling at 100 km/hour.

Carmen Velocci has been charged with careless driving under the Highway Traffic Act.

Ontario Provincial Police said they laid dozens of traffic-related charges over the long weekend and say they are “reminding the public that impaired, distracted, and aggressive driving will not be tolerated.”

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2012/08/08/20081761.html

Here's hoping when she goes to court, she points to Mr. Ford and the police response to his actions.

At least on the Gardiner, he can't blow through streetcar doors, or hit pedestrians or cyclists (except during Ride for Heart, of course).

The police can't lay a careless driving charge without that driver being caught in the act, or after a collision where careless driving was found to be a factor. There's no police inaction in this case, actually I rather liked Sgt. Tim Burrow's Facebook post:

“On behalf of all the citizens of Toronto that value road safety, Mr. Mayor ... please get a driver. It is obvious that you are busy enough to require one and no amount of money you are saving by not having one is worth the life of one of your citizens,” Sgt. Tim Burrows, a social media officer and former spokesperson for the traffic services unit, wrote on the official police Facebook page.

Last edited:
If Ford reads the way he speaks, then it would have taken him at least 30 seconds to read a 6 word sentence. Looking away while driving for more than a second or two, is dangerous, regardless of why you looked away.

“On behalf of all the citizens of Toronto that value road safety, Mr. Mayor ... please get a driver. It is obvious that you are busy enough to require one and no amount of money you are saving by not having one is worth the life of one of your citizens,” Sgt. Tim Burrows, a social media officer and former spokesperson for the traffic services unit, wrote on the official police Facebook page.

I think that is just about as close to a public warning to protect their butts that Metro Police could give Dear Leader without backlash or political fallout from his office. I'll bet that was very carefully written and run past more than a few eyes before it was posted.

I think that is just about as close to a public warning to protect their butts that Metro Police could give Dear Leader without backlash or political fallout from his office. I'll bet that was very carefully written and run past more than a few eyes before it was posted.

I don't think that this statement was vetted by higher-ups because Blair spokesman Mark Pugash called it inappropriate and had it removed from the FB page.

"Mark Pugash, spokesman for the Toronto Police, said he had instructed Sgt. Burrows to remove the “inappropriate†sentence.

“It’s not for us to lecture people,†said Mr. Pugash. “That’s not our job.â€

As reported by the National Post: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-saving-money-not-worth-the-risk-to-citizens/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back