692     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 868     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 624     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this statement was vetted by higher-ups because Blair spokesman Mark Pugash called it inappropriate and had it removed from the FB page.

"Mark Pugash, spokesman for the Toronto Police, said he had instructed Sgt. Burrows to remove the “inappropriate†sentence.

“It’s not for us to lecture people,†said Mr. Pugash. “That’s not our job.â€

As reported by the National Post: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-saving-money-not-worth-the-risk-to-citizens/

How is it that looking at a phone text and having that in your hand is dangerous and illegal yet reading papers is not? I am waiting for someone hot with a phone in their hand and charged to challenge it

Cell phones and texting take concentration from the road so laws had to be put on the books because so many people were using them while driving, most aren't goofy enough to be reading office work while driving on a highway, hence no actual law. Maybe send him out to the Scarborough Bluffs with lots of office work to speak to his beloved taxpayers about their erosion woes.
People who do stupid things like read and drive while on highway should simply loose their license for a year.

Mayor Ford's public image has pretty well conformed to what was expected and most of those who voted for him are not surprised or particularly offended until this “reading while driving” episode came down the road. I will not vote again for an individual who is willing to endanger (not just offend) others and toss it off as excusable because he is a busy man.

This wasn't the first time Ford has endangered others while driving though, and the last time was before the election and much more serious.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2010/08/19/ford-marijuana-possession-charge489.html

I would never vote for a candidate who did this within a decade.

The Mayor of London gets stuck on a zip line.

13fb577fda917c05ae7876fd6ec2c3a8_main.gif

The Mayor of Toronto gets caught reading a speech (?) while driving by himself.

li-ford-car.jpg

Guess which photograph is of more of an embarrassment and lasted more of 15 minutes of attention by the public? The reading of a document in a car is more of an embarrassment because Rob had more control of it.

The Mayor of London gets stuck on a zip line.

13fb577fda917c05ae7876fd6ec2c3a8_main.gif

The Mayor of Toronto gets caught reading a speech (?) while driving by himself.

li-ford-car.jpg

Guess which photograph is of more of an embarrassment and lasted more of 15 minutes of attention by the public? The reading of a document in a car is more of an embarrassment because Rob had more control of it.

Am I alone in noticing the that this perfectly composed photo (note the inclusion of the "Escalade" badge) purports to have been taken by a driver in another vehicle at highway speed yet it is in perfect focus. I am impressed by the skills exhibited by the driver of the white pick up reflected in the side of the Mayor's car. Any guesses as to what that reversed logo might be??

That's not the point - no one from another vehicle can compel the mayor to read while he is driving. And if you want to question the authenticity of the photo - well, the mayor himself admitted to the act caught in camera.

AoD

Geez, plenty of contemporary cameras can take a steady shot like this. If the car was moving at the same speed and the camera has image stabilization, it's a no-brainer.

Otherwise, why go to the trouble of setting up the mayor like this? Seems to me he's infinitely capable of committing his own gaffes, miscues and embarrassing revelations.

Am I alone in noticing the that this perfectly composed photo (note the inclusion of the "Escalade" badge) purports to have been taken by a driver in another vehicle at highway speed yet it is in perfect focus.

You're apparently not aware that cameras have advanced to a point where clear, in focus, pictures can be taken.
We also have indoor plumbing now.

Am I alone in noticing the that this perfectly composed photo (note the inclusion of the "Escalade" badge) purports to have been taken by a driver in another vehicle at highway speed yet it is in perfect focus. I am impressed by the skills exhibited by the driver of the white pick up reflected in the side of the Mayor's car. Any guesses as to what that reversed logo might be??

Same people who faked the moon landing.

Cameras are good these days.

It was admitted that the photographer was a front-seat passenger, not the driver.

Any guesses as to what that reversed logo might be??
LOL ... that might be the reason it was taken down.

Though I don't know why you wouldn't doubt the veracity ... looks like the view from the Gardiner in the reflection. I don't see any reason why a passenger couldn't easily take such a photo. And Rob Ford already admitted that it happened ... so I don't know where you are going with this.

So how is privatization of garbage a good thing? How many times has this city seen a garbage strike?
I'm not sure how privatization is related to strikes. The longest transit strikes we've seen in the GTA recently were in York, where transit is privately contracted.

I'm not sure how privatization is related to strikes. The longest transit strikes we've seen in the GTA recently were in York, where transit is privately contracted.

With privatization, York was able to terminate its contract with one of the operators following the strike. The union restarted talks with the other operators within a week and ratified deals within two weeks. Are you really saying privatization did not help to rein in the union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back