843     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 736     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 667     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not forgetting gay-hating people of colour, union-hating well-off gay whites and people who are just really angry about a single issue and think Ford will deign to pay attention to them (Iola Fortino, come on down!). A real mixed bag.

And, a lot of that mixed bag might well view Ford's defiance as their own (or their own family and friends') potential get-out-of-jail-free card. Again: cross-examine that spectrum, and you might find a chequered history with the law amongst its components--and they might feel that whatever they went through was "unjust" simply because, well, they went through it. Like, *any* justice that involves them negatively is suspect--if only they could "fire" whomever busted them, much as the Fords demand the resignation of whomever breathes down their necks...

With all the pics and reports of many shots of ouzo flowing in I hope TPS has a plan to actually pull over RoFo rather than box him in 'til he gets home tonight...

Some of the numbers are interesting though I remain very skeptical of Forum. In a three way race this election is taking on the appearance of 2010, with Tory and Chow in the Smitherman and Pantalone roles. If the race remains this close, but Tory retains his significant lead over Chow, will Chow do the honourable thing and bow out? (Something that Pantalone should have done)

Actually, that may not be necessary IMO--a clear lead for Tory has the potential for dragging Ford support on-side all by itself. Similar "free enterprise coalition" base, you know...

This kind of garbage tempts me to respond as though this were the election thread.

Garbage because this is the wrong thread? Well, excuse me all over the place.

Or garbage because I'm advocating a pragmatic method of getting rid of the most toxic thing to ever plague this city. If the numbers were reversed for Chow and Tory I'd be suggesting that the latter TOFTH. (take one for the team)

Personally, I really like Ms Chow. I volunteered for three of her Fed campaigns and banged on thousands of doors for her. But I'll hold my nose and vote for Tory if he's the best chance to send Ford back to permanent spa-hab.

Not forgetting gay-hating people of colour, union-hating well-off gay whites and people who are just really angry about a single issue and think Ford will deign to pay attention to them (Iola Fortino, come on down!). A real mixed bag.

Lots of cross over absolutely but that undercurrent of extreme polarization is going to be very hard to pander to.

Last edited:
Garbage because this is the wrong thread? Well, excuse me all over the place.

Or garbage because I'm advocating a pragmatic method of getting rid of the most toxic thing to ever plague this city. If the numbers were reversed for Chow and Tory I'd be suggesting that the latter TOFTH. (take one for the team)

Personally, I really like Ms Chow. I volunteered for three of her Fed campaigns and banged on thousands of doors for her. But I'll hold my nose and vote for Tory if he's the best chance to send Ford back to permanent spa-hab.

It's the puerile pragmatism of those inclined to strategic voting to attribute "honour" to quitting a fight you believe in. Or holding your nose to vote. It is the despair of democracy.

VintagePunk;" I appreciate it when people copy things here. When I'm on my phone, I don't have to go to another site to view."

For the same reason land line polls skew conservative...were rapidly more into hand held devices. I am rural and have niether a land line, home internet or cable or satellite t.v its all on my cell. So please post links if they are necessary to understand the rest of the post. I propose the people on this thread arrange a meet up for a strategy session and social a few days before the election in order to brainstorm and rally people to get out voters. Kristopher stated last week that we should each engage someone who had not previously voted municipally. That is a great idea. I can't vote (not a resident of T.O.) but I could drive people to the polls. WE here on ut are a big voice. Any one concur? I would love to meet some of you.

How is it safe to have that farging icehole roaming TOTD - going into stores and mobs following? Ew it's like we're mercans. Sorry.

I just want you to know, that on this great vast thread, your Johnny Dangerously references did not go unnoticed. Kudos, sir.

i got caught in a #topoli k-hole and ended up finding this little chicken nugget. old habits die hard.
(the kids are big fans)
(sorry if this screenshot is shitty and small)

"@Smexxiielexiiee @TOMayorFord lol after I went to.mcdonalds at my sister work and he was there in the drive thru"
"@95Marges @TOMayorFord when? & where?"
"@Smexxiielexiiee @TOMayorFord tonight at like 1045 my sister friend said he ordered two pies and mcflurrys"

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 865
Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 7m
Indications that Stintz is on the verge of a deal with Tory for the Speaker's chair. Right @NickKouvalis? #TOpoli
1:07 AM - 9 Aug 2014 ·

I don't see why Tory would do so at this point in time. Why not just let her fade away? Her 4% is not packing a lot of bargaining power.

all the pics are not pretty. joke or not about the ouzo, you cant possibly only take pics that look like your lit up without being lit up.

No offence, sno, but I don't see anything special in the photos that say "lit up" to me. For Rob, the whole point of being seen at Taste of the Danforth is to be seen sober.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back