3.7K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 639     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence, sno, but I don't see anything special in the photos that say "lit up" to me. For Rob, the whole point of being seen at Taste of the Danforth is to be seen sober.

Maybe, but how is it possible that nearly every picture of him is a bad one that looks like he's loaded... (one of the ones from tonight)
rob ford 38.jpg

Attachments

• rob ford 38.jpg
    rob ford 38.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 783
It's the puerile pragmatism of those inclined to strategic voting to attribute "honour" to quitting a fight you believe in. Or holding your nose to vote. It is the despair of democracy.

Actually, the "despair of democracy" is getting ideologues like Ford in power that the majority doesn't support. Or Bush in 2000. How'd that work out? (Cue the Naderite response:"They're different sides of the same coin, blah, blah, blah...")

The end of neighbours
How our increasingly closed-off lives are poisoning our politics and endangering our health

especially Toronto. There, residential self-selection has been growing for years: A 2006 study by a University of Toronto geographer noted that the preponderance of Toronto’s leftist politicians chose to live downtown, while the opposite was true of right-wingers. The result has been a growing disconnect between suburbs and central city that Rob Ford rode to the mayor’s office in 2010; simmering anti-downtown-elite anger in the older suburbs supplies what support he still maintains.

http://www.macleans.ca/society/the-end-of-neighbours/

Redford, Ford are self-absorbed

Extraordinary leaders, they share three characteristics:

They have had great success, they embrace big risks and they are highly self-aware.

[...]

These people have acknowledged skills sets, honed over years of business or professional service.

They have all achieved mastery of something.

They also have faults, sometimes big ones.

They are aware of their weaknesses as well as their strengths and their power.

They have reached that happy place in life where they have nothing to prove and a desire to make use of what they have learned.

In a word, they are mature.

There is a big difference between being self-aware and self-absorbed.

Being self-aware helps people recognize both what they have to contribute and their need for help from others.

It allows people to act selflessly.

Which is why it is such a privilege to work with people whose lives are about contributing to others.

Exceptional leaders know it isn’t all about them.

The opposite is true of the self-absorbed.

They operate at an adolescent level.

Life is all about how important they can become.

Self-absorbed leaders are easy to spot in the glare of public service.

The recently deposed premier of Alberta, Allison Redford, would have been better served if she were a little more self-aware and a lot less self-absorbed.

Closer to home, the Ford brothers’ ego-fest offers a caution.

Mayor Rob Ford was the champion of beleaguered taxpayers.

But that was before he became addicted to his own celebrity.

Brother Doug seems equally afflicted with a profound need for attention.

Today the cause of “respect for taxpayers†would be better served if the Fords simply stayed home.

But that would require self-awareness. ​

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/08/redford-ford-are-self-absorbed

i got caught in a #topoli k-hole and ended up finding this little chicken nugget. old habits die hard.
(the kids are big fans)
(sorry if this screenshot is shitty and small)

"@Smexxiielexiiee @TOMayorFord lol after I went to.mcdonalds at my sister work and he was there in the drive thru"
"@95Marges @TOMayorFord when? & where?"
"@Smexxiielexiiee @TOMayorFord tonight at like 1045 my sister friend said he ordered two pies and mcflurrys"

View attachment 31029

so much for his 'i'm just eating chicken and vegetables' claim.

Lots of cross over absolutely but that undercurrent of extreme polarization is going to be very hard to pander to.

Yeah but love divides, and hate unites. Not everyone can love, but everyone can sure hate, whether it's hating the gravy train, downtown latte sippers, gay autistic cyclists. So Rodofo is a great uniter of people in that sense. He really is like a white MLK if you think about it. Just because Rofo's dream is a nightmare to other people, well that's just because they're probably racist or something.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 7m
Indications that Stintz is on the verge of a deal with Tory for the Speaker's chair. Right @NickKouvalis? #TOpoli
1:07 AM - 9 Aug 2014 ·

I don't see why Tory would do so at this point in time. Why not just let her fade away? Her 4% is not packing a lot of bargaining power.

Stintz is also an idiot, why hasn't she been raked over the coals by the media for her Ford Favoritism ? I suspect the media are treating her like a rape victim given Rub's comments about her.

If she an OUNCE of brains she would have filed a complaint to the integrity commissioner that his RECORDED comments created a hostile work environment.

I suspect she's gotten wasted with the douchebag and is being strong armed.

Stintz is also an idiot, why hasn't she been raked over the coals by the media for her Ford Favoritism ? I suspect the media are treating her like a rape victim given Rub's comments about her.

If she an OUNCE of brains she would have filed a complaint to the integrity commissioner that his RECORDED comments created a hostile work environment.

I suspect she's gotten wasted with the douchebag and is being strong armed.

She either got wasted with him, or he saw her doing something that could hurt her family life. He definitely has something on her, and by keeping her in the race, he foolishly believes it will help him or hurt Tory.

She either got wasted with him, or he saw her doing something that could hurt her family life. He definitely has something on her, and by keeping her in the race, he foolishly believes it will help him or hurt Tory.

i'm not sure i believe that she partied with him. i'd be more inclined to believe that it's related to the voter list that her aide purloined from rob's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back