1.9K     4 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 861     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll never understand it, but it's ironic and sad that he insisted on putting the Eglinton LRT at least partly underground, at great expense, and then threw a fit at the cost of developing the resulting LRT-free surface to accommodate the rest of the traffic.

The underground portion of the Eglinton LRT was always supposed to be underground, with or without Rob Ford's insistence. It was the crown jewel of Transit City.

RoFo Rangers on patrol. I love his uniform! Do we still have the Guardian Angels watching our backs?

"Back in 2006, then-Councillor Rob Ford was one of the few at City Hall who applauded the emerging local chapter."
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/25/guardian-angels-look-at-toronto-for-the-fourth-time

View attachment 31007View attachment 31008
https://twitter.com/ScottScottyp8/status/497858938952765440/photo/1

To his credit, Jimmy likely remembers when TO ( and the people ) was / were much cleaner than today. :(

"Moving to the next transit plan ... "All hail the monorail!"
https://twitter.com/FordNephew/status/497827337782984704/photo/1
View attachment 31009

Last edited:
Was the 2010 election this nuts? I didn't pay attention to it nearly as much.

Also, if City Hall is Ford-free, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to make noise.

Last edited:
The underground portion of the Eglinton LRT was always supposed to be underground, with or without Rob Ford's insistence. It was the crown jewel of Transit City.

It gets confusing with all the changes and reversals ... but Ford wanted to put more of the stops underground, right?

RoFo Rangers on patrol. I love his uniform! Do we still have the Guardian Angels watching our backs?

To his credit, Jimmy likely remembers when TO ( and the people ) was / were much cleaner than today. :(

People are starting to ask questions about the legitimacy of Jimmy's uniform, particularly the beret (military police, maybe?).

I have shorts like those and I'm pretty sure I could cobble together the rest from army surplus ...

I'm not sure we still have a GA chapter - I can't recall seeing them around and I'm not keen on them as a whole, since some of their other chapters seem to think it's their role to be jerks to anyone they consider suspicious, without real evidence.

Also, if City Hall is Ford-free, I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to make noise.
This is why I keep hoping to see the other candidates speak directly to his many abuses. He needs to be labeled a criminal who is refusing to speak to police. His outrageous lies need to be countered. His pathetic work ethic (in at 1, out at 3, never reads a report) needs to be highlighted. He needs to be disgraced. Otherwise he will continue to command his 20% rump of support and will probably still find plenty of media opportunity to disparage the work of anyone else. But unlikely that anyone in this crowd of candidates will stand up to him. They think they're too good to "get personal" unless they can do it under their breath at some sort of wine and cheese event.

People are starting to ask questions about the legitimacy of Jimmy's uniform, particularly the beret (military police, maybe?).

That RoFo Ranger uniform is certainly is not City of Toronto issue. TPS, TFS,TEMS,TTC all have their own departmental honour guards.

If Rob was able to afford uniforms for a football team, he should be able to provide decent uniforms for the Rangers.

Jimmy obviously likes wearing a uniform. If Rob won't buy him one, he should put in for the Toronto Civic Honour Guard. ( Not sure if you have to be a city employee to join? )
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=4284ba2ae8b1e310VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

View attachment 31010

I'm not sure we still have a GA chapter - I can't recall seeing them around and I'm not keen on them as a whole, since some of their other chapters seem to think it's their role to be jerks to anyone they consider suspicious, without real evidence.

"Give no slack and take no sh!t from anyone. Confront and command. Control the streets at all times. Always be aggressive. Stop crimes before they happen. Seek them out. Shake them down. Make that arrest. And never, never admit the department has done anything wrong."

To Protect and to Serve: The Lapd's Century of War in the City of Dreams

Might have been a similar credo in Metro years ago.

Last edited:
I hope there are many more like you. It will help ensure RoFo won't get elected this time around.

I knew who won and that he had issues, notably boycotting the Pride parade. This has also opened my eyes to the councillors.

This is why I keep hoping to see the other candidates speak directly to his many abuses. He needs to be labeled a criminal who is refusing to speak to police. His outrageous lies need to be countered. His pathetic work ethic (in at 1, out at 3, never reads a report) needs to be highlighted. He needs to be disgraced. Otherwise he will continue to command his 20% rump of support and will probably still find plenty of media opportunity to disparage the work of anyone else. But unlikely that anyone in this crowd of candidates will stand up to him. They think they're too good to "get personal" unless they can do it under their breath at some sort of wine and cheese event.

I also wonder what his disgruntled supporters will do if/when he loses.

On election night, after his defeat, the first thing he will do, with Doug by his side, is announce his candidacy for 2018. And the campaign starts--October 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back