394     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 515     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 636     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did live in Toronto, but it's hard to figure out when. She also thinks Ford is going to win. She obviously hasn't seen the most recent polls--he's at 27% to Tory and Chow's 34%. Here are her enlightened views on pot. Yeah you go Irene. Go back to Montreal and stay there. http://goo.gl/9YvOe3

"I can’t imagine where you go to get groceries if you live downtown or along the waterfront, those guys probably drive to Mississauga."

Dear Irene:

"Those guys" don't have to drive to Mississauga if they live downtown. Not when they've got:

1. Sobey's at Front/Sherbourne
2. Loblaws Superstore at Carleton
3. St. Lawrence Market
4. Metro at Front
5. No Frills at Front
6. Longo's at Bay
7. Metro at Gould
8. Metro at Carleton

etc etc etc.

"I can’t imagine where you go to get groceries if you live downtown or along the waterfront, those guys probably drive to Mississauga."

Dear Irene:

"Those guys" don't have to drive to Mississauga if they live downtown. Not when they've got:

3. St. Lawrence Market
4. Metro at Front
5. No Frills at Front
6. Longo's at Bay
7. Metro at Gould
8. Metro at Carleton

etc etc etc.

Do they still have the Loblaws on Yonge south of Richmond on the east side? I recall it because that is where Mr Dressup's wife was killed.

Last edited:

Dear Irene:

3. St. Lawrence Market
4. Metro at Front
5. No Frills at Front
6. Longo's at Bay
7. Metro at Gould
8. Metro at Carleton

etc etc etc.

Sobey's at Front & Sherbourne closed at the end of June, sadly. But the Rabba is still on the other side of the street, and there's a nice Loblaws at Queen & Portland.

Dear Irene:

3. St. Lawrence Market
4. Metro at Front
5. No Frills at Front
6. Longo's at Bay
7. Metro at Gould
8. Metro at Carleton

etc etc etc.
CJan.... hop over to the UT Project section and look up Loblaw's Redevelopment at Bathurst & Front to see what is coming up next as far as supermarkets going in downtown.....
It is easier if you just go to the data base section and type loblaws

Last edited:
8. Metro at Carleton
i took someone to task the other day for spelling RoFo's university without an "e"

now i need to ask you to remove that "e" when speaking of the street that's across yonge from college

edit: and if you mean the one at church street, that's a loblaws

Do they still have the Loblaws on Yonge south of Richmond on the east side? I recall it because that is where Mr Dressup's wife was killed.

It's been gone for a long time now. The entire mall on the ground floor and the basement was redeveloped. It's now a Goodlife Fitness club. The escalator going down to the basement is still there, though!

I'm looking for the quote in the article, not the store:)

It's weird. Do a search on the phrase, and it shows up word for word in the summary under the first hit. But it doesn't appear on the page. I think she must have done some editing since Google last indexed.

It's remarkable observing people willingly cuddling up to Ford when you know they'd react to him with open and unthinking revulsion if he weren't rich and a "celebrity."

Which is exactly why the come-down after he loses (not that I'm taking this for granted) is going to be so ruinous. That Taiwanese animator nailed it last year.

Dear Irene:

3. St. Lawrence Market
4. Metro at Front
5. No Frills at Front
6. Longo's at Bay
7. Metro at Gould
8. Metro at Carleton

etc etc etc.

Assuming traditional ideas of downtown being east of Bathurst, west of Parliament, south of Bloor:

Loblaws at Queens Quay/Jarvis
No Frills at Parliament/Carlton
Food Basics at Wellesley/Sherbourne
Longo's Market at 100 Bloor East
Bloor Street Market (Loblaws) at Bay/Bloor
Metro at Spadina/Bloor
Sobey's at Bay/College

And even more than that if you include the bodegas.

As someone who lives downtown, I do not drive anywhere, and in fact walk to all of the grocery stores I've listed from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back