767     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
She forgot the first rule, never talk to the press:

LeeAnne
‏@leeeee34
@AllanSorensen I really did but I wish I never did that interview with the SUN

ETA - These tweets were sent this morning, what's with the cell phone in rehab!

Last edited:
I'ld say more like wishful thinking and confirmation bias. She wants to see the Star as an enemy, and will interpret anything that way or believe speculation/conspiracy theories easily to fit with her own narrative aka bullshit.

Sort of like some members of UT. We have our own conspiracy nuts here too. The people suggesting Deco is some Mobbed up gun/drug running front, Rub and Tug being shills for Organized Crime figures etc.

My take on the Ford's is they are just a couple of fucked up idiots that think they are big time but play like a couple of high school bullies, nothing more.

I'll vote for Ford because:

1. He represents the voice for fiscal restraint at City Hall.

2. He supports Subways over LRT's...

Aaaaaaaaaand stop. I don't need to hear your 8 other reasons because you are too stupid to exist.

The question was asked how we counter this. I have no clue other than to out-vote them. It would be like trying to be a trainer for someone who wants to lose 20 pounds but won't exercise and will only eat fudge. Or Rob Ford's sobriety coach.

She forgot the first rule, never talk to the press:

LeeAnne
‏@leeeee34
@AllanSorensen I really did but I wish I never did that interview with the SUN

ETA - These tweets were sent this morning, what's with the cell phone in rehab!
Read back for whereabouts. Hospitals do not usually have rehab type rules or set amount of days of treatment. If the crises passes patient is sent home. She could be out by now or be permitted web access.

S/he lost me at the Joe Killoram-was-a-setup part.

So who knows which female Toronto-area journalists are at the seven-year sober mark? Or is it just a piece of fiction by the blogger?

ETA: if it's real the author could be Ann Dowsett Johnston - she calls herself a journalist, lives in Toronto and was five years sober in 2013:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you...-failed-family-says-Ann-Dowsett-Johnston.html

I just read an excerpt from Johnston's book "Drink" in which she describes the lead-up to her first AA meeting. It does not sound at all like the statements in the text that Irene has published. Johnston wasn't a beer drinker, for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back