News   Jun 14, 2024
 771     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like this guy knows a lot about Rob's stay at GS:

David Bastedo
‏@bertmount
@RickPalidwor - he had an eight ball and some whiskey delivered his second last night - and he got laid #robford

Spent way too much time today reading the Sun comments because, well, masochistic. There are truly some seriously disturbed (giving lots of credit here) protoplasms out there. Even with simply spelled out, logical arguments against RoFo's fictitious claims, there are very vocal Ford proponents. When did the aliens land and why were we not informed?

Let's keep in mind that a lot of Sun commenters (and the more rambuctious Ford Fest Nationals) probably look up to Ford because they have crime-or-whatever records of their own (perhaps including prison time) and feel "empowered" by RoFo's handling of his own record.

RoFo + McRobb at rehab? ;)

http://superflat.typepad.com/nevermindthebricolage/2013/08/the-art-of-mark-bryan.html

6a00d8341c1ad253ef019104cf8d4a970c-pi

OK, UTers, help me with some dot-work here:

-four Project Traveler detainees (including 'the broker') are released.
-MetroMan now reporting that 'the broker' and two others were released in exchange for a plea deal.
-Bill Blair's contract not renewed
-Ford supposed to be served with a subpoena, far earlier than is normal
-Doug pulls the usual Doug, and Bill Blair, for the first time, strikes back hard and unequivocally with a threat to sue.
-Rob is now facing a classic prisoner's dilemma with Lisi: are they allowed to talk to each other?
-Lisi and McRobb and are more strongly connected than ever, with McRobb doing a lot of talking.

What else am I missing? What's the big picture here?

Last edited:
i'm skeptical on this one - it's a pretty complex (and fragile) strategy for the police to take. it's a bit like those action movies where the villain meant to get caught.

so, TPS are hoping lisi pleads not guilty, so that ford has to give a statement, so that he'll perjure himself later? if that's what TPS have, they've got nothing.

what charges could TPS have against ford that would need testing through his testimony about lisi? the general corruption with the mayor's office wouldn't particularly involve lisi - he's just a bagman. possession isn't an option here, so would you be trying to corner rob on higher-order drug charges? or to rope him into the extortion scenario as well? i'm happy to movement in general but i'm still not convinced we're any closer to a slam-dunk on rob here.

It would be more surprising if Rob Ford was not subpoenaed at all. He's right in the middle of this based on the phone records and the crack video itself.

The infamous Graeme is pretty active on twitter these days. He finally stopped de-activating his account and deleting his tweets. Hope he enjoys his final 3 months of employment.

LOL. This is pure garbage. Conspiracy theories.

She and Joe Warmington are one of the handful of voices of "truth" for IHTWOMRF, do take her with a huge grain of salt.

A few weeks ago she repeated a claim made on a comment to one of her posts from someone claiming to be CH security stating that Daniel Dale is notorious for offering money to them for gossip. I asked Dale and he said "@zang Obviously, completely false. I'd fire myself from journalism if I even thought of that."

She's another Fordite willing to believe in conspiracy than accept that Ford is a messed up failure of a politician and man.

Last edited:
@UWSOC101: I wonder if that Lee Anne McRobb person is going to Ford Fest? Bet Renatta would love to meet her... #TOpoli

@leeeee34: @uwsoc101 We met on a few occasions....thanks

Wonder what to make of that? Lends credence to the knowing-each-other-before-rehab story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back