284     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question: How many people here think Rob is sober these days, and how many think he will relapse before Oct. 27? I think he's mostly sober, given the amount of babysitting that's been going on. Probably smoking some weed, given his performance at Danzig, but mostly at home and late at night. Booze? I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a tipple or two, but I get the impression he's being very careful around it. As for the Ford Fest speech (or at least the clip I saw), I think he was sober and in full-on football-coach mode. If the gang around him stays vigilant, I think he might make it to the election.

Honest question: How many people here think Rob is sober these days, and how many think he will relapse before Oct. 27? I think he's mostly sober, given the amount of babysitting that's been going on. Probably smoking some weed, given his performance at Danzig, but mostly at home and late at night. Booze? I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a tipple or two, but I get the impression he's being very careful around it. As for the Ford Fest speech (or at least the clip I saw), I think he was sober and in full-on football-coach mode. If the gang around him stays vigilant, I think he might make it to the election.

It's certainly possible, but I have a had time believing he'll even make it 60 days without a bender. The real question is whether his babysitters will be able to keep him out of the public eye when he does relapse.

One of the characteristics that most make Rob seem real is that he can appear sincerely outraged. All the others, when confronted with a politician who hangs with criminals and lies about everything, can only ignore him. Outrage, any definite action, is beneath them, too unprofessional. Last debate Rob would make some bombastic, deluded, ridiculously false claim, and the camera would scan past the others all looking down at their laps like people on the subway when some aggressive young hoodlums start acting up on the train. Given the transgressions that Ford has engaged during this last term his competitors should be leaving him in a puddle of tears at the end of each debate, but in at least the first couple, the case could be made that he won the debate. It's unbelievable that he could win again, but I remember how shocked I was four years ago when so soon after the polls closed it was clear that he'd be the victor. Again Rob has his soundbites, he has his pink umbrellas and five lanes down to two, he has his ability to lie without shame, and most importantly, he's again up against challengers who are lackluster and incoherent about their plans, maybe he even makes them seem more that way. Need Soknacki to be our Billy Jack, slow to anger but righteous in his violence, need someone to call him a criminal and a layabout with the same dogged repetition that Ford uses to beat the drum on his issues. Because even if Ford can't win, if he is not totally humiliated, if he comes within ten percent of the winner, he will find a way for his negative force to remain influential, and he will leave all kinds of bombs behind for the person who succeeds him.

What, and Tory isn't a carpetbagger?

Tory has lost a lot of elections - is that what you mean by "keep what he's doing?"

Prior to this election bid Chow has been in Ottawa. She has been out of municipal politics since 2005. I've lived here 20 years and the city has changed tremendously since 2005. To beat the (proverbial) pig you must roll in the dirt and she won't/can't do that.

Yes Tory has lost a lot of elections but who cares by that logic Ford should win since he has been very successful in elections. He has lived and hosted the radio show sat on boards and he knows what is up.

If Tory punched Doug Ford is the face while yelling yo momma he would win in a landslide because Idiotcracy.

In case anyone had any doubts at all, the Mikey Ford 'campaign office' is in the Deco building. Hope you're keeping proper track of in-kind expenses!

Good Morning <random inquirer>,

Thank you for reaching out to our campaign. We are currently in the stages of securing a campaign office and setting up our database. As soon as that is done we will need help with canvassing, phone calling and sign installation. If you are interested in donating to the campaign, cheques may be made out to the "Michael Ford Campaign". The address to which the cheque may be mailed to is 28 Greensboro Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 1E1. Thank you so much for your support and I look forward to working with you!

I was direct messaging her on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, just making small talk. Not trying to get info or anything. I shudder at the thought that it might have been Lisi I was conversing with.

Could she have been talking with Lisi at the same time, and he told her what to say? That sounds like the simplest answer.

Rather have Tory than Chow, I think the more Chow talks the less appealing she looks to anyone but the usual NDP downtown whiners/professional protesters. She's an ass pandering to asses. The rest of Toronto who understands the importance of respecting taxpayers dollars are in favor of Ford or Tory.

I don't think I've ever liked or respected anyone in my life who makes a big deal about the amount of tax they pay. I put them in the same category with people who complain about immigrants.

What rock did you crawl out from under?

"...but the usual NDP downtown whiners/professional protesters."?

I would expect that line to vomit right out of the mouth of Doug Ford.

This guy pops his head out every week or two to throw a moron bomb into the room and then leave. He's one of the old-time Ford apologists here, but most of the other ones have the self-respect to be embarrassed about how wrong they were.

The problem with that is it still leaves Doug with the sympathy vote.

May slob can run over slug in one of his drunken stupors. That would only leave Mikey. Or maybe momma would jump in or how about cracky Kathy. Oh screw it! Too many of them ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back