3.8K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 642     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Ford Fest from 6:00 to 8:45 PM. I came alone to protest (no one accepted my invitation to join me) and brought a sign that read: Rob Ford's Gravy Train -- (chew chew!). I first stood across the road from the entrance and got a few honks for the sign from motorists slowed down by the Fest traffic. Also lots of smiles. When I crossed the road to show the sign to the cars and people lined up to enter the park, I got more heckles than smiles. Some people didn't understand the sign and looked puzzled. A few people asked me what it meant, so I explained about how election expenses cost taxpayers a bundle because of the rebates offered to donors. I said that Ford lied last time about his family paying for Ford Fest because he actually charged it as an election expense. The commonist response to that was yelling "lies, lies! Wrong wrong!" and walking away, often hurling an insult at me as they went...

I like this post, and I like the way Pickles approached the whole situation. Favourite parts include the rebate dialogue, staying on the outside of things, and all the observations. I would have found the whole thing terrifying, and deeply disturbing, and I never would have gone.

a man who literally could not get arrested if he tried.

In Toronto, at least. There seems to be something in the BC jaywalking ticket incident that feels, glossed over to me.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ted_by_police_in_british_columbia_report.html

"I said you have got to be kidding. I said, are you guys serious?" Ford said.

"I said I can't believe this. They went out of their way to do this. I said I support you guys. Did you arrest me because I am a Broncos fan?"

It's like he's surprised that someone would apply the law to him or something. Sheesh. BC cops are racist against Broncos fans yo.

Though the Florida cop didn't seem to have a problem with bringing Rofo downtown for a DUI mugshot. Maybe because the cop is American, and didn't know who Ron Taverner is? That Florida cop is racist too probably.

Last edited:
EKOS' final likely voter model (supposed to be the most accurate/refined) was the second worst poll for the Provincial elections. Ipsos Reid's likely voter poll was the worst: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VS26fyTWkvg/U5sqb2SbinI/AAAAAAAATWo/_38zN7odt9E/s1600/Pollsters.png

View attachment 30352

As a numbers geek this really bothers me. I understand everybody has their own formula on on how to tabulate success. But at times you have to stand back and just use common sense and reason. What's the most important result in prediction an election. I would think we all agree, Who wins and by how much. Libs won by 8% (39 to 31) How on earth can Forum who had them winning by 6 be ranked lower than firms who had the PC winning or tied. It also shows that the likely and eligible numbers that were pushed this election was a scam and just an excuse to give out two set of numbers (Ipsos still got them both wrong)

now that you mention it, there's something rather telling in all that: busted in florida, busted in BC, but never once in toronto.

I've been wondering this for a while, why are places that he has less influence and connection to and is less time there he gets busted but the home front, nothing. Kind of reminds me how Conrad Black and Alan Eagleson did a lot of business up here and didn't have any problems but when doing business in the States , the authorities there notice they did a bunch of white collar shenanigans.

Music&politics said "no way" ford is sober. Was that because of observed behaviour yesterday? The scream-speech, for example? Seemed a little coke-fuelled, if to the untrained eye.

I wonder if the penalty for riding a white horse through a campaign event at a public park will be a complete withdrawal from the mayoralty race according to city staff (speaking on behalf of Doug Ford).

This is a video that just shows the general atmosphere of a Ford Fest. I did not see any protesters or drama, unfortunately. All I saw were long lines for everything and a very boring event. All people were interested in was the free hamburgers and posing for a pic with their idol. Nobody seemed to be interested in the band and very few kids even wanted to go into the bouncy castle. I don't know why people even come here. Right after they are their free crap burger, which many threw in the garbage, after a few bites, they left. I still can't believe people will stand in line for 2 or more hours, for a very thin hamburger. Insane!

Anyway, here is my video of this shit event. I'll admit, it ain't that exciting but what did you expect at a Ford Fest?

[video=youtube_share;ccw4STbetsQ]http://youtu.be/ccw4STbetsQ[/video]

I have to say, this whole event and the hostile vibe, just made me sick. I didn't feel comfortable at all. I just had the feeling that violence or hostility could happen at any time. Everyone seemed to be unhappy and disgruntled. The conversations and comments you hear are just so overwhelming negative. It really is a joyless event, other than the arrival of the mayor, which seemed to really excite these people.

thanks for the video and thanks to all the others for their reports.

somebody (not in toronto) posted this on my facebook feed today, i thought it somewhat apropos to this thread

camus.jpg

Attachments

• camus.jpg
    camus.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 840
I think this was missed with all the other talk. I hope she's been supremely helpful and can fill in enough gaps to have him arrested.

i'm surprised there's been no article on this court appearance... especially since there were ones for the other recent appearances.

i'd loved to hear kathy's thoughts on mikey running for council / spending so much time with his uncles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back