4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dougie's "customer service", while great for business, is not going to fly well in ward 2, particularly after staled transit, Woodbine Live and the loss of jobs.

I wonder how DoFo's handling of Jeffcoat Dr will fly for the FoFam candidate in the Ward 2 election?

"Pretty young guy, twenty years old as I understand it."

Is that a quote from DoFo?

Has MiFo's D.O.B. been verified?

Last edited:
on the mike ford front, i'm torn.

as a human being, i don't see that it's right to be needlessly cruel to the the guy. i want to give him a fair shake to say his 2 cents worth and compete in the marketplace of ideas like everyone else.

but then, we're talking about a job that starts at $105 000 per year. have any of you ever been to a job interview for a six-figure job? the vetting process is rather intense. the qualifications, qualities, and etc that are usually required at that level are substantial. it's actually insulting that this guy thinks he can have a job like that without so much as putting up a website or handing out a pamphlet.

This kid willingly chauffeured his Uncle around while he was lying to, and screwing over, the entire city. Fuck him, he deserves everything he gets.

Doug Ford in regards to Rob Ford getting more support than Obama---" Like I said before, it's a metaphor, and what you're reporting, I guess someone said he wasn't getting support. Rob has helped---not only the black community, but almost any community that calls him, and it's customer service excellence. They call up, and Rob shows up . and that's all part of customer service excellence, part of his platform."

"And speaking of your family, I was asking about your nephew. he hasn't done any media at all. Why is that?"

"Because, that's not going to benefit him. The media is nasty. That's what it is. It's nasty and biased. There's no reason for Michael to do the media. It won't help him in the least up in Ward 2. Customer service excellence helps in Ward 2, making sure that we build subways, and that we, uh, keep the taxes low, that's what's going to help Michael in Ward 2. But he's going to work day in and day out, knocking on every single door. Over the years he's door knocked with us for years, and we look forward to letting the people of Ward 2 decide."

"Yeah, pretty smart guy too. He's...he went out and got his pilot's licence by the time he was 18. He went out and got the additional...uh, training to land on the lake. And speaking of that, I wouldn't even hop on the back of a bicycle with 99% of the councilors, not to mention in a plane, so, uh, he's a bright individual, and he knows politics, and he, uh, has the pedigree of learning politics for twenty years of his life."

If there's one thing I look for in a city councillor, it's the ability to land a plane on a lake.

I wonder how DoFo's handling of Jeffcoat Dr will fly for the FoFam candidate in the Ward 2 election?

Is that a quote from DoFo?

Has MiFo's D.O.B. been verified?

No, the quote is from the CP24 reporter. What's-her-name. Not one of the good ones.

FYI:
I am responding to you on behalf of Ms. Leiper at her request.

While the Code of Conduct for Members of Council (over which this office has governance) expects that incumbent candidates running in this election will not use any city facilities, property or other City resources for campaign activities, we do not have any jurisdiction nor authority over the issuing of permits by other City divisions for events on City property.

This office may only deal with complaints under the Complaint Protocol for Members of Council (found on our website at "How to Make a Complaint") once an alleged violation of the Code of Conduct has taken place. We cannot, in other words, assume that a violation has occurred before an event has taken place. I hope this assists in your understanding of the role of this office.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 41s
City spokesman confirms the Ford Fest permit has now been issued #TOpoli

Now is it time for people to show up and expose all of the camping. Shame on the city though.

Now is it time for people to show up and expose all of the camping. Shame on the city though.

People need to ask Ford if he plans to put the event down as a campaign expense again. That needs to get more traction. Also, if the news stations were on the ball (and had a sense of humour), that clip of Ford inviting everyone to Tommy Thompson Park would be in steady rotation.

Actually, it would be hilarious if Ford actually got the permit for Tommy Thompson Park by mistake.

"And speaking of your family, I was asking about your nephew. he hasn't done any media at all. Why is that?"

"Because, that's not going to benefit him. The media is nasty. That's what it is. It's nasty and biased. There's no reason for Michael to do the media. It won't help him in the least up in Ward 2. Customer service excellence helps in Ward 2, making sure that we build subways, and that we, uh, keep the taxes low, that's what's going to help Michael in Ward 2. But he's going to work day in and day out, knocking on every single door. Over the years he's door knocked with us for years, and we look forward to letting the people of Ward 2 decide."

I wouldn't even hop on the back of a bicycle with 99% of the councilors, not to mention in a plane, so, uh, he's a bright individual, and he knows politics, and he, uh, has the pedigree of learning politics for twenty years of his life."

Aside from uncle Rob and uncle Doug bigging him up, in the media, not speaking to the media at all is not going to help Mikey, no matter how many doors he knocks on.

The idea of Doug jumping on the back (or seat) of any bicycle and going anywhere is a weird mental image. I imagine he would be stopping for a smoke every so often.

Oh! Idea for a protest: the Fords show up at the park (whichever one it ends up being ...) to find the site occupied by campers.

Doug Ford in regards to Rob Ford getting more support than Obama---" Like I said before, it's a metaphor, and what you're reporting, I guess someone said he wasn't getting support. Rob has helped---not only the black community, but almost any community that calls him, and it's customer service excellence. They call up, and Rob shows up . and that's all part of customer service excellence, part of his platform."

"Yeah, pretty smart guy too. He's...he went out and got his pilot's licence by the time he was 18. He went out and got the additional...uh, training to land on the lake. And speaking of that, I wouldn't even hop on the back of a bicycle with 99% of the councilors, not to mention in a plane, so, uh, he's a bright individual, and he knows politics, and he, uh, has the pedigree of learning politics for twenty years of his life."

Where was this quote from?

Councillor Anthony Perruzza rides a motorcycle. I guess we should assume his license to do so is a reason why he's councillor? Not sure if he can do jumps and tricks on his bike, though. Maybe that's a key part of his re-election platform.

If there's one thing I look for in a city councillor, it's the ability to land a plane on a lake.

Maybe he has to chauffeur Rob to Tommy Thompson park?

Not sure if anyone here has a vfr pilot's license but my impression is that it's something the average person can get so long as they put in the hours. I.e. Not evidence of any special ability. I can think of one data point to support that assertion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back