4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 686     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he has to chauffeur Rob to Tommy Thompson park?

Not sure if anyone here has a vfr pilot's license but my impression is that it's something the average person can get so long as they put in the hours. I.e. Not evidence of any special ability. I can think of one data point to support that assertion...

Basic pilot licence is about $11K done privately (not through a college program) if you pass it all first time. Not immensely difficult to get and while commendable and a good pick up line at parties, it's not indicative of any special brilliance or talent. The float plane licence can be added on over a weekend of very intensive instruction for a few thou more. Total outlay is likely less than $20K for the Ford trust.

If I were a councillor, and I owned a bike, the thought of Doug Ford 'hopping on the back' would cause me to have night terrors. But if Doug tried to get into a plane with Mikey, with the heft of the two of them, they wouldn't get off the ground.

Or DoFo is schooling MiFo to be his ventriloquist dummy?
View attachment 30328

It's becoming clear that Doug Ford is on the rinse and repeat cycle. After honing his skills as unelected mayor of Toronto, he is now preparing to become unelected councillor for Ward 2. He's spent 3 1/2 years speaking for Rob, he's planning on spending another term megaphoning for Mikey*.

* Assuming Mikey wins Ward 2, which he won't.

You mean she's not already crazy?

For someone who's always banging on about family values, she makes absolutely zero mention of a spouse.

I have a feeling she is single/widowed. Either she drove someone away with the crazy or lost a husband and fell deep into Catholic fundamentalism. Her FB says she's attending Ford Fest, so keep an eye out...

It's becoming clear that Doug Ford is on the rinse and repeat cycle. After honing his skills as unelected mayor of Toronto, he is now preparing to become unelected councillor for Ward 2. He's spent 3 1/2 years speaking for Rob, he's planning on spending another term megaphoning for Mikey*.

* Assuming Mikey wins Ward 2, which he won't.

Mikey suffered from hemorrhoids, but the problem went away once Doug stopped wearing his watch.

Basic pilot licence is about $11K done privately (not through a college program) if you pass it all first time.

There is no "pass it the first time". No school will send you for a checkride if you're not ready, no school will solo you if you're not ready, no school will let you take the written if you're not ready. There's no way my instructor would have signed me off if he didn't think I'd pass. Failing a checkride or failing the written looks really bad on the school and counts against them. If it happens, it's an anomaly. Normally it's just that it takes some people longer.

So you can be like my buddy, who fucked around and had fun in the airplane instead of practising procedures, and he took like 100hrs to get his PPL. Now he's got his CPL though, multi-engine land. I hustled and was signed off to take the checkride at around 64 hours and would have passed.............. but I got into some legal trouble and ran out of money.

The takeaway though is that ANYONE can learn to fly a small single-engine aircraft. Most people with a brain could be taught to safely fly fairly large aircraft too. Airliners become insanely complex because they're so computerized, but it's mostly just procedure, not much intelligence required - I mean, more than the average person, but the skill you really need to have is memorizing a bunch of procedures and working well under pressure.

The takeaway though is that ANYONE can learn to fly a small single-engine aircraft. Most people with a brain could be taught to safely fly fairly large aircraft too. Airliners become insanely complex because they're so computerized, but it's mostly just procedure, not much intelligence required - I mean, more than the average person, but the skill you really need to have is memorizing a bunch of procedures and working well under pressure.

Ah, this explains why Doug thinks it's such a big deal.

My response to the IC email posted earlier:

Thanks Wendy! I appreciate the workload considering the size of the office. I'm sure you will be hearing from myself and many others after Ford Fest occurs and the Fords indeed utilize city property to campaign. Talk to you then!"

Also, why does Mikey have Ford as his last name? He's Kathy's son, shouldn't his last name be Stirpe?

It looks like he officially changed his name to Ford this year.

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the following changes of name were
granted during the period from February 10, 2014 to February 16, 2014

STIRPE, MICHAEL.
DOUGLAS.A.FORD.
changed to
FORD, MICHAEL.DOUGLAS

http://files.ontariogovernment.ca/gazette_docs/gazette_march_8_ont06_028206.pdf

Here's a clearer version by Mike Beauvais
https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/491728388378591233/photo/1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.