729     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 597     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prescription addiction is an even bigger problem than the illegal kind. He is probably just replacing one addiction with another.

View attachment 30103

At the TFC game.

The people are looking at him kinda funny.

The girl on the right looks like she's suppressing a laugh.

I think he looks p-r-e-t-t-y spaced.

Also, FWIW, the question of UT members getting high (or not) is truly moot. Whether if it was youthful indiscretion, bygones, etc., or if people today like to have a drink or a smoke in their leisure time while not operating heavy machinery and not otherwise required or expected to be in conplete control of their faculties. is really not a major social or political concern.

On the other hand, the standard we are holding RoFo to is to not do it during working hours, ever, because that is seriously crossing a line, especially when he is representing the city at a function. And, one step further, he goes away for two months to sober up, returns, crowing his triumph, and then acknowledges - as does his brother Doug - that if he screws up again, he's finished...

Well, it looks like he's screwed up again, so we can only hope that he's finished. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Last edited:
May be wishful thinking on my part, but a lot of recent RoFo photo postings have not been as adulatory as before. There were fewer shots of adoring fans from the Centre Island/India festival and the Armenian festival on the weekend and again this shot at BMO Field looks like people are backing away from him.

And thank Christ he doesn't own a TFC shirt.

Thanks, tenfootpoll, for posting the cp24 video. It strikes me that he may be on some mood stabilising medication, like Lithium, that sometimes "erases" the personality so that they seem robotic. In any case, he's not coping well at all. As to the drive-by-trolling, I don't think you have to be a professional, nor a habitual drug user, to see that the man is not lucid.

So you don't think he was high today because you have "probably spoken to Rob Ford more than anyone here". Um, ok.

What did Rob tell you when you spoke to him?

Did he say: "You know, if you ever go on a forum, at some point in the future, and notice that people are saying i looked high on that day--please deny it for me"

What Rob and I have spoke about is none of your business ... clearly.

And, I'm just saying ... from what I've seen and heard of the man (which is a great deal), I honestly don't think he was high today.

May be wishful thinking on my part, but a lot of recent RoFo photo postings have not been as adulatory as before. There were fewer shots of adoring fans from the Centre Island/India festival and the Armenian festival on the weekend and again this shot at BMO Field looks like people are backing away from him.

And thank Christ he doesn't own a TFC shirt.

He seems to still ( today ) have some fans.
View attachment 30106

Last edited:

And, I'm just saying ... from what I've seen and heard of the man (which is a great deal), I honestly don't think he was high today.[/QUOTE

Seems to me your trolling, bragging and adding nothing useful. Tine to ignore, report and block.

I got to say the whole "I have met RoFo more than you" line is beginning to sound a lot like how DoFo said that had never seen his bro get drunk. Interesting how pretty much everyone knows about his penchant for substances except those closest to him.

AoD

I will say this ... there were definitely times I spoke to Ford over the telephone where I definitely suspected he had been drinking (especially considering the time of day it was).

Drunk? Absolutely not.

So, it's not like I didn't suspect something was up.

I just didn't tell anyone what I thought I knew.

And, I'm just saying ... from what I've seen and heard of the man (which is a great deal), I honestly don't think he was high today.

Sorry, my fault. I lamented the other day about how a year ago we were debating with actual Ford supporters, and now there are none to be had. It's like washing your car and making it rain.....

And, I'm just saying ... from what I've seen and heard of the man (which is a great deal), I honestly don't think he was high today.[/QUOTE

Seems to me your trolling, bragging and adding nothing useful. Tine to ignore, report and block.

Isn't that a little harsh? Let's not start sounding like IHTWORF just because someone doesn't think he was high today.

Sorry, my fault. I lamented the other day about how a year ago we were debating with actual Ford supporters, and now there are none to be had. It's like washing your car and making it rain.....

I think JDKM is from ford nation keeps on defending him.

I will say this ... there were definitely times I spoke to Ford over the telephone where I definitely suspected he had been drinking (especially considering the time of day it was).

Drunk? Absolutely not.

You're not really doing yourself (or your judgement) any favours here, you know.

He looks like a dead man walking, but he refuses to step down and deal with those issues. I saw one person say he might be be alive in a few months at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back