News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENNY YUEN | QMI AGENCY
TORONTO - Rob Ford's rehab "buddy" hopes the Toronto mayor is not mad at her.
[SNIP]
After her Dodge Ram 1500 was smashed up because she loaned it to another GreeneStone patient whom she did not know well, Ford recommended she bring the truck down to an east-end body shop [

He gave her his keys and told her she could borrow his Cadillac Escalade from his house while her truck was in the shop on May 15 -- five days prior to her arrest for impaired driving.

McRobb said she met Alexander "Sandro" Lisi -- who was once known as Ford's occasional driver and who is facing an extortion charge in connection with the mayor's crack video -- at Martino Brothers Collision but shied away from elaborating further.

"I don't remember if (Ford) called or gave me the number," she said. "I know I was emailing back and forth with the owner of the body shop and we were making the arrangements. I guess (Rob) had called the body shop, told them about me and whatnot and that I was coming down, but I made those arrangements myself."

The signage outside of Martino Brothers Collision says the business is "Looking after your car since 1955" and is "the collision experts."

A man who answered the phone at the garage refused to give his name and said he didn't know if McRobb had been there.

Is Warmington now mentoring the staff? The only thing more amazing than McRobb going on record again is how poorly written this article is. They is the collection experts, is they?

The Sun said it was the Dundas/Runnymede one.

~~~

"McRobb said she met Alexander “Sandro” Lisi – who was once known as Ford’s occasional driver and who is facing an extortion charge in connection with the mayor’s crack video – at Martino Brothers Collision at Dundas St. W. and Runnymede Rd., but shied away from elaborating further."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/10/i-hope-hes-not-upset-with-me-rob-fords-rehab-pal

sorry... my mistake. i was thinking of the wrong one.

"He gave her his keys and told her she could borrow his Cadillac Escalade from his house ..."

knock knock. "Hello Renata, my name's Leeee Anne ..."

Oh to be a fly on that wall. :D

Second Sun article puts the Martino's location Dundas West of Runnymede. Almost straight across from his previously favourite LCBO (and the only place I've seen him outside his vehicle)/

Martino.......Martino........Martino.

Any relation to the restaurant...Momma Martino's?

Just trying to put the points of connection in chronical sequence

you guys are thinking of the wrong martinos i believe. the one leeanne went to is near the airport

Why that belief? Sun story just said, wrongly, east end. So how do we know which of the two Martino's shops?

ETA: Sun later altered story to refer to Dundas West - but see my post re why may have done that with no supporting evidence.

Last edited:

It's probably not going to get much public traction.

It's not a stupidly high, or a petty low amount of dollars.
The legal details don't lend themselves too well to be condensed into sexy soundbites.

Ms. Mcrobb and Mayor Monkey Bear alleged screwball antics on the other hand.

But hey, Rob and Thug lives by and practices soundbite politics.
It's only karmic that they might end their career by it too.

Personally I'd keep the shirts on, but please please protest this. I suggest just chanting "Tough on crime" and maybe signs saying how conservatives like associating with people who associate with criminals.

This pink umbrella business connected to Ford makes no sense. He spoke so loudly about, he can't be connected to it. That would be like a tough on crime politician smoking crack with known criminals... oh wait.

I'll be heading up there tomorrow. Starting 9 a.m. at the Hillcrest Complex at 1138 Bathurst. Signs have to be succinct - no more than a few words to be legible. I won't have time to pick up a pink umbrella but this has nothing to do with whether or not it makes sense - the point is that it would be different, unexpected, and would ensure your sign got on tv.

After today's nonsense, a rainbow umbrella would make more sense.

This time a year ago in this forum, we were still battling pseudo-or-actual Ford supporters. The fact that none of them post now must surely bode well?

sorry... my mistake. i was thinking of the wrong one.

The wording about location was not in the original article. I tweeted the Sun about the east end error and gave the Dundas West address. At that time I did not not know about the 2nd, Dixon Road, address. I tweeted the Sun about that later. I am not convinced that the Sun actually asked LeeAnn about, or otherwise knows, which one she went to.

Last edited:
I think they have something on her and she believes it will hurt her. They either told her they had dirt or, she knew they had it and today, they threatened to expose it... if I'm right, rough time for Ms Stinz, I know people who have been there....however, if you are reading Ms. Stinz, after the behaviour of the mayors Ford (Atwooodish), most, if not all transgressions pale. I won't vote for you but do nor be cowed by these very troubled men.

Kinda. But this is embarrassing for the Fords. It makes them look like the fools they are on many fronts. The umbrellas were made under their noses by a guy who they supported for a board appointment. Sugar Beach is basically a gift from the federal government, so it's pretty small-minded of them to complain. Best of all, their close friend Jim Flaherty was a big fan of the project.

All of this is another example of their ready-shoot-aim approach to governing. It's also worth noting we heard nary a peep from the Fords on Sugar Beach until DMW tried to do a bit of stumping of his own. They jumped on his bandwagon, got a couple of days in the headlines, then shot themselves in the foot. Again.

If anything, I feel sorrier for Mosun; because regardless of being Deco's neighbours, they have an independently good rep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back