789     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 930     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a guy who has known Bruno since they were kids, and according to Bruno they have $30m in their trust fund. On a 5% perpetual draw that's $1.5m to split each year, which is lots if they don't have mortgages. I find the number a bit hard to believe but if it is true the company could be breaking even and they'd be fine.
Well, it's third-person, and the original source would need to be the Fords, who are people who lie and have a known history of inflating numbers.

There is so much shadiness in her bringing her truck all the way to Etobicoke to be fixed.

She's a local, wouldn't she know a guy?

Was she sent to Toronto to pick up drugs?

Could Ford not trust a Muskoka shop to not ask questions and keep their yap shut about who really crashed McRobbs car? For starters, a local shop might wonder how an unemployed McRobb could manage to pay cash. People would certainly be talking.
Driving a car 200kms to save money on repairs sort of seems to be defeating the purpose a bit.

I work with a guy who has known Bruno since they were kids, and according to Bruno they have $30m in their trust fund. On a 5% perpetual draw that's $1.5m to split each year, which is lots if they don't have mortgages. I find the number a bit hard to believe but if it is true the company could be breaking even and they'd be fine.

The label business is so good that Mom and Dad were able to put aside $30 million in a trust fund?
They've been around a long time, but sales in the first 30 years probably weren't high enough to skim off a million a year.

After yesterday's story ran in the Star, I bet she called up the Sun with her version, and of course, made things worse. Or maybe she is sending a message to Rob. If so, he'd better call her before she gets loaded and real chatty.

Dougie's continuing to refer to himself in the third person... this does not bode well.

“Doug Ford says she’s a liar,” Councillor Ford told reporters Thursday. “Never met her and outside of what you guys say or report, she’s lying.

“I don’t know Lisi, I’ve never met the guy and I wouldn’t know this LeeAnne girl if she walked right in front of me right now. I’m saying she’s lying, unequivocally, 100%.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-interview-with-woman-arrested-in-mayors-suv/

Interesting series of tweets (most recent on top)

J.Spencer Rowe @JSpencerRowe
@robfordmustgo Seriously, she went in smiling, upright came out shaky, thought she was going to fall.#rfmg Doug just went in Mayors office.

@robfordmustgo Stinz just left one on one w/ Rob Ford. Frankly she looked shaken. On her way back up to chambers. She left her purse.

@robfordmustgo My sense is that it is a very very friendly mtg. Something besides apology. But that's just my spidey sense. #rfmg

@robfordmustgo Karen Stinz now having one on one with Rob Ford in Mayors Office. #rfmg

Last edited:
One of the things I've learned from the Rob Ford Saga, is: OMG! I have to start a label business because the profits must be incredible!
Although Doug claims 100 mil in sales, google searching puts them closer to 25 to 35 mil. The profit on that seems to be enough so that all 3 brothers and even a nephew can live like millionaires. They all seem to have an endless supply of money to spend on booze, drugs, ladies, rehabs, season tickets, cars, car repairs, private jets, the best criminal lawyers.. etc.

I would have thought the label business was pretty competitive with very tight margins. Makes you wonder if Apollo Beauty is paying a premium price for labels because of the "great service" the company provides. ie: Pay a little extra for your labels and we can make your zoning problems go away!

There is also commercial real estate (6 properties, IIRC).

Interesting series of tweets (most recent on top)

@robfordmustgo Stinz just left one on one w/ Rob Ford. Frankly she looked shaken. On her way back up to chambers. She left her purse.

@robfordmustgo My sense is that it is a very very friendly mtg. Something besides apology. But that's just my spidey sense. #rfmg

@robfordmustgo Karen Stinz now having one on one with Rob Ford in Mayors Office. #rfmg

[wild speculation] so, rob just offered to pay her campaign expenses if she drops out? or offered her a nice plush 'cabinet'-type post if she gives him her support? [/wild speculation]

[wild speculation] so, rob just offered to pay her campaign expenses if she drops out? or offered her a nice plush 'cabinet'-type post if she gives him her support? [/wild speculation]
I don't think that would shake her up

The label business is so good that Mom and Dad were able to put aside $30 million in a trust fund?
They've been around a long time, but sales in the first 30 years probably weren't high enough to skim off a million a year.

No idea if that number is correct - but it should be remembered that the Ford Family assets include commercial real estate (6 properties IIRC) too. The present market value of a trust fund that includes commercial real estate in the GTA (which, if bought years ago, would have cost far, far less at the time) could easily reach $30 million. (ETA: Your comment seems to have assumed that the trust fund consists only of cash and cash equivalents, overlooked that there has been significant inflation over the last three decades and overlooked that the market value of commercial real estate in the GTA has increased enormously over the last three decades.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back