Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.37.26.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.37.26.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.37.26.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 702
It has already been pointed out that the quote about knowing an (unnamed) female related to the "mystery visitor" at City Hall.

ETA: SlumDoug now telling reporters he "100%" "unequivocally" never met McRobb. So, of course, he did.

I thought the unknown female visitor at CH was explained by Doug as a longtime friend of the family, move along, nothing to see here, zing, done?

I thought the unknown female visitor at CH was explained by Doug as a longtime friend of the family, move along, nothing to see here, zing, done?

Yes, that is what I said. At least two posters today have suggested, mistakenly, that Doug said that he, Mom and Renata knew McRobb, rather than the "mystery visitor".

I hope Ms. Mcrobb continues her singing career.

The last time I watched something this surreal was R. Kelly's urban operetta ' Trapped In the closet'.*
And I thought that one had everything.

*forgot the full title of that operetta. edited fix.

I believe someone here floated the theory that it was her employers sent her to rehab and that her continued employment depended on her successful completion of the programme. It makes way more sense than a bank firing someone for the company she keeps. That, in fact, would probably break labour law.

You are correct that it is more likely her termination was the result of failure to successfully complete rehab, if in fact her termination occurred after her stint there. As a long time sr HR practitioner and a former bank employee, I would be surprised if she were fired because of Ford rather than failed rehab. As for breaking labour laws, well sadly it happens all the time. As we always say, you can fire anyone you want any time you want if you are prepared to pay the consequences, that generally being severance.

You are correct that it is more likely her termination was the result of failure to successfully complete rehab, if in fact her termination occurred after her stint there. As a long time sr HR practitioner and a former bank employee, I would be surprised if she were fired because of Ford rather than failed rehab. As for breaking labour laws, well sadly it happens all the time. As we always say, you can fire anyone you want any time you want if you are prepared to pay the consequences, that generally being severance.

Again - it has already been posted today that she lost her job at the bank months before the few days she was at GreeneStone and that the job she claims to have lost due to association with Ford (if it existed at all) has to have been after her few days at GreeneStone if she only met Ford after he arrived there.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't the company just fire her period? That sounds like a far neater way of dealing with it.

AoD
That's not generally how it's done. It opens up all sorts of nasty legal quagmires, including wrongful dismissal, bad faith discharge and potential grounds for Human Rights. Banks in particular tend to be quite cautious where HR matters are concerned. As I said, you can fire anyone you want, anytime you want if you are prepared to pay the consequences. This type of termination would be very messy legally and from a PR perspective and would be hard to defend. Fail rehab and it pretty much goes away. Firing an addict without a chance to recover is viewed like firing any person with an illness: cold and callous. This also opens the employer up to punitive damages.

One of the things I've learned from the Rob Ford Saga, is: OMG! I have to start a label business because the profits must be incredible!
Although Doug claims 100 mil in sales, google searching puts them closer to 25 to 35 mil. The profit on that seems to be enough so that all 3 brothers and even a nephew can live like millionaires. They all seem to have an endless supply of money to spend on booze, drugs, ladies, rehabs, season tickets, cars, car repairs, private jets, the best criminal lawyers.. etc.

I would have thought the label business was pretty competitive with very tight margins. Makes you wonder if Apollo Beauty is paying a premium price for labels because of the "great service" the company provides. ie: Pay a little extra for your labels and we can make your zoning problems go away!

Last edited:
That's not generally how it's done. It opens up all sorts of nasty legal quagmires, including wrongful dismissal, bad faith discharge and potential grounds for Human Rights. Banks in particular tend to be quite cautious where HR matters are concerned. As I said, you can fire anyone you want, anytime you want if you are prepared to pay the consequences. This type of termination would be very messy legally and from a PR perspective and would be hard to defend. Fail rehab and it pretty much goes away. Firing an addict without a chance to recover is viewed like firing any person with an illness: cold and callous. This also opens the employer up to punitive damages.

Perhaps the Wario brothers should start working for a bank instead :rolleyes:

AoD

Again - it has already been posted today that she lost her job at the bank months before the few days she was at GreeneStone and that the job she claims to have lost due to association with Ford (f it existed at all) has to have been after her few days at GreeneStone if she only met Ford after he arrived there.

I don't recall when McRobb was fired. I was only responding to someone else's speculation that her term would more likely have been failed rehab than because of Ford. If she was fired before then it would have been related to god knows what.

One of the things I've learned from the Rob Ford Saga, is: OMG! I have to start a label business because the profits must be incredible!
Although Doug claims 100 mil in sales, google searching puts them closer to 25 to 35 mil. The profit on that seems to be enough so that all 3 brothers and even a nephew can live like millionaires. They all seem to have an endless supply of money to spend on booze, drugs, ladies, rehabs, season tickets, cars, car repairs, private jets, the best criminal lawyers.. etc.

I would have thought the label business was pretty competitive with very tight margins. Makes you wonder if Apollo Beauty is paying a premium price for labels because of the "great service" the company provides. ie: Pay a little extra for your labels and we can make your zoning problems go away!

I work with a guy who has known Bruno since they were kids, and according to Bruno they have $30m in their trust fund. On a 5% perpetual draw that's $1.5m to split each year, which is lots if they don't have mortgages. I find the number a bit hard to believe but if it is true the company could be breaking even and they'd be fine.

I don't think most EAP would cover a stay in a rehab like Greenestone, more likely a place that runs the 21 day ohip covered programs. Is GS even accredited? Seems to me they went the rehab route when they were told they couldn't operate as a medical facility (i.e. spa-like colonoscopy centre).

So in a piece obviously meant to counter the story that Rob was disruptive in group therapy etc, she gives away connections with Lisi and Doug has to call her a liar to save face. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back