749     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 907     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 634     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's seriously blowing my mind that the Fords surely OKed her to do the interview on the condition that she delivered a puff piece about what a swell guy Rob was and how there was nothing fishy about their relationship... and this is the result.
Anyone who believed her going on about how Rob is so smart and knows what he's talking about could see right through this promo piece :)

I believe someone here floated the theory that it was her employers sent her to rehab and that her continued employment depended on her successful completion of the programme. It makes way more sense than a bank firing someone for the company she keeps. That, in fact, would probably break labour law.

It's seriously blowing my mind that the Fords surely OKed her to do the interview on the condition that she delivered a puff piece about what a swell guy Rob was and how there was nothing fishy about their relationship... and this is the result.

I can't imagine the Fords okayed this interview or set it up. She's probably being hounded by media and bought the Sun's line that a nice friendly interview would help clear things up.

I can't imagine the Fords okayed this interview or set it up. She's probably being hounded by media and bought the Sun's line that a nice friendly interview would help clear things up.

I don't know if they set it up but I would bet she called them before agreeing to it.

Sue Ann Levy is going at it with John Furr on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SueAnnLevy/status/486863738902179841

She is investigating him. Someone else sent her this link:

http://eyecrazy.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the-mainstream-media-did-no-homework-on.html?m=1

He is threatening her with legal action. I think he's in way over his head.

I don't totally agree with Furr's tactics or his way of dealing with people he disagrees with, but unless he really does have something to hide (as in, something truly incriminating), I don't think he has anything to worry about. SAL is flailing desperately, as usual, trying anything she can think of to smear him: 'He's a teacher! No wonder he has time to stage protests in the summer? Okay, a housing consultant then! Must be social housing! Which is cheating!'. She and a couple of IHTWORF trolls are down to accusing Furr of being paid by Olivia Chow.

Same deal with her non-story about Eglinton Connects being some of kind of secret backroom deal cooked up by Matlow and Keesmaat and other outsiders to the neighbourhood to divert traffic onto local side streets and laneways. She came back from covering Queen's Park and being on book leave and decided to cobble together a conspiracy theory that no one is buying, mainly because the project was well documented and consulted on from the outset. She's getting hammered on this on Twitter at the moment. Someone should bring up the story of how SAL came to live near Eglinton in the first place: she was covering a story about a parking dispute and that's how she met, and moved in with, her partner. Who turned out to be fraudulently using a disabled parking permit. Awwww.

I believe someone here floated the theory that it was her employers sent her to rehab and that her continued employment depended on her successful completion of the programme. It makes way more sense than a bank firing someone for the company she keeps. That, in fact, would probably break labour law.

Why wouldn't the company just fire her period? That sounds like a far neater way of dealing with it.

AoD

So Leeanne just said she met Rob for the first time during breakfast at Greenestone...but but didn't Doug say that he, Rob and Renata all knew her? That they she was an old friend? Doug wouldn't lie would he???

Didn't Doug say he'd never met her? Because Doug doesn't know any of Rob's shady friends, ever.

There is so much shadiness in her bringing her truck all the way to Etobicoke to be fixed.

She's a local, wouldn't she know a guy?

Was she sent to Toronto to pick up drugs?

Could Ford not trust a Muskoka shop to not ask questions and keep their yap shut about who really crashed McRobbs car? For starters, a local shop might wonder how an unemployed McRobb could manage to pay cash. People would certainly be talking.

Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.25.44.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.25.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-07-10 10.25.44.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 737
McRobb and Ford both entered Greenstone around May 6.
Both new, they hit it off and start talking about how they can score something.
McRobb says lives in the area, so she has access to a Truck!
Ford borrows McRobb's truck and is on his way back to Toronto the next day on a drug/booze run.
He's trying to travel incognito, but he gets spotted in a track suit at a Tim's on May 7.
Of course, he can't wait to get plastered and he smashes up the truck on the way back.

Now he's got to keep her quiet. He lends her the Escalade while he gets her truck fixed.
Wonder if there was any Police report or Insurance claim or if this was an under the table job?

Why wouldn't the company just fire her period? That sounds like a far neater way of dealing with it.

That theory was shot down - she lost her job at the bank months before.

ETA: And it seems pretty clear that the job she claims to have lost because of Ford was after she was kicked out of GreeneStone.

Last edited:
There's a good chance McRobb isn't aware of the extent of Rob's criminal associations. Threats, alleged beatings, etc. All she sees is this nice loyal cuddly pumpkin who bathes her in reflected glory, befriends her, and uses her as an errand girl and possibly drug mule. If basic's theory has any basis, then telling tales on the Fords puts McRobb in dangerous waters. I'd fear for her safety.

My thoughts exactly. If the silly cow had hopes of getting her mitts on Slob for his money - and what other reason could there possibly be? - then I suspect she had a rude awakening. Diane and Thug would never allow such a thing. But if it ever did cross her tiny little mind to try blackmailing the Fords, then she'd be in actual, honest-to-God danger. How she couldn't know that is beyond me, but then again, she doesn't appear to be very bright, hmm?

Didn't Doug say he'd never met her? Because Doug doesn't know any of Rob's shady friends, ever.

It has already been pointed out that the quote about knowing an (unnamed) female related to the "mystery visitor" at City Hall.

ETA: SlumDoug now telling reporters he "100%" "unequivocally" never met McRobb. So, of course, he did.

It's coming!

http://www.thestar.com/business/201...g_tv_show_with_rob_ford_character_report.html

Alec Baldwin creating TV show with ‘Rob Ford character’: report
Actor would produce and star in the one-hour cable series, Deadline Hollywood reports.

Actor Alec Baldwin wants to bring Toronto’s mayoral drama to the small screen.

Baldwin is currently developing a new TV show with NBC productions where he would play a Rob Ford-like character, according to Deadline Hollywood.

The entertainment website reports that the show would be a one-hour cable series, with Baldwin playing the central character, a “Rob Ford-type Mayor of New York.”

Baldwin will also reportedly be an executive producer on the show, along with Cary Brokaw. Fiction writer Wells Tower is reportedly writing the series pilot.

Perfect person, really, considering Baldwin's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back