2.2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 817     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoopsie, nice catch. I've mixed up my ford nation villians. It is Bob Marier, the sobriety coach.

(In my defense, the CityNews article makes the error and I merely propogated it).

Headshots of both, here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-hires-sobriety-coach-after-rehab-1.2696920

I made the same mistake, based on the City News reporter, but we're all good now. And the story is suddenly way better — the guy who Ford is paying to help him deal with all those complicated emotions can't keep a lid on his own. Sheesh!

Ding, ding, ding... round two.

CP24 12:34pm via TweetDeck
Mayor Rob Ford is speaking at the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival kick off in Nathan Phillips Square.

The CP24 carnival appearance was basically a few photos.

Nathan Downer asked what he thought about being 3rd in the poll. Rob responds "well that's a fictitious poll, our polling shows Tory's not even in it, so I don't know where you're getting your information."

Reporter then says "the mayor's security is pushing our cameras and microphones back, so I guess that's it."

Until we see one of these letters, I'm calling bullshit. I bet he was the one that punched out his car window too, if that happened at all, also.

Doug never seems to mention these incidents until after things start going badly for Rob. Why is that?

If he were to do 40 times, I can see someone saying "get a new schtick". But it has only been twice. Maybe next time he will put a shirt on.
I say anything (non-violent, of course) that disrupts the Ford family's lying agenda is good for Toronto.
Good on JF for getting off his ass and doing something.

What would be effective, as someone has already mentioned, is a large group holding up all the unanswered questions and/or calling them out. A mass chant of 'RESIGN!' or 'LIAR!' wouldn't go amiss either.

Ford.jpg

I got a front row seat for the action today... well not much action. It was frickin boring actually. I wanted to see some fireworks! I'd say Rob's about 20 pounds lighter. I met Nick Kouvalis. He claims his internal polling pretty much matches the latest Nanos poll. Who knows if he's telling the truth though.

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
I got a front row seat for the action today... well not much action. It was frickin boring actually. I wanted to see some fireworks! I'd say Rob's about 20 pounds lighter.
Did Ford come by to say hi? You've said that you played football for him.

JProskowGlobal 12:51pm via TweetDeck
Doug & Rob Ford both ducked reporters when asked about allegations Mayor's sobriety coach kicked a protester this AM.

and we never get a follow-up to the incidents either.

just red herrings.

It's only a red herring if people believe it. And NOBODY believes Doug Ford anymore, if they ever did. I'll bet even Rob's diehards know he's a reflexive liar and just tell themselves the end justifies the means.

I got a front row seat for the action today... well not much action. It was frickin boring actually. I wanted to see some fireworks! I'd say Rob's about 20 pounds lighter. I met Nick Kouvalis. He claims his internal polling pretty much matches the latest Nanos poll. Who knows if he's telling the truth though.

Truth and Kouvalis doesn't belong to the same sentence without a "not" preceeding.

AoD

Did Ford come by to say hi? You've said that you played football for him.

He'd probably recognize my name from Sandro but not my face. I interviewed him in journalism school like seven years after playing for him and it took a long time for him to recognize me. I look pretty different nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back