989     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 869     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put it past DoFo to get some 'family friends', to attend all future pressers/events, to make sure protestors are head-butted accordingly.

This got tweeted, not sure if it has been verified.
catfish8888 ‏@catfish8888 9m
#TOpoli Ford staffers push, kick #shirtlesshorde protestor. #respectfortaxpayers #thugs #fishrotsfromthehead

I am catfish8888 on Twitter. Was standing next to JF when Dan Jacobs got in his face and started shoving. I did not see Silverstein kick JF but one of the cops did.

I also wish we could effectively call out Ford's lies as he's saying them -- today he was lying about Eglinton going down to 2 lanes when it's really going down to 4. I guarantee some person out there watching that press conference is hearing past "Resign resign resign" and saying "Yeah, two lanes IS too few!"

I think this is true. The shirtless jogger was accused of being a plant, but he was effective in asserting that he was a guy from the neighbourhood who happened upon the Fords. If it's the same guy yelling all the time he quickly becomes John Clarke and OCAP. And many people, including myself, are far less open to professional activists or full-time protesters. But someone needs to get the action moving. It also seems to me that heckling Ford in the form of questions is effective. "Answer the questions" had punch when directed at a man who won't speak to police and runs from the media. "RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN" will grow irritating to more than just Ford and his team quick.

i think part of the thing in this case is that Furr found himself in the catbird seat this time and didn't quite know what to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catbird_seat

All the the cameras turned towards him, he was standing a metre behind his Lardship, the Rofo henchman was trying to shut him down, and he was the only one chanting...i just think he got a bit over excited and got stuck in the 'resign' groove.

He probably should have been better prepared, but he also may not have imagined that he would be so successful in creating a big splash, so i'd cut him some slack on this one.

The effects of the Fords' tactics have now inverted and are making the campaign easier for the frontrunners. They can pretty much coast while the Fords distract everyone with their self-inflicted implosion.

I also wish we could effectively call out Ford's lies as he's saying them -- today he was lying about Eglinton going down to 2 lanes when it's really going down to 4. I guarantee some person out there watching that press conference is hearing past "Resign resign resign" and saying "Yeah, two lanes IS too few!"

Agreed. If he tries that shit in Midtown, I'll be the first one to head out and start heckling him.

I'm hoping someone from the media actually follows up on Drug's stories. Not expecting that they will.

As an aside,I know his weight is not important, but watching RoFo in council here, he doesn't look like he lost any weight at all.

i think part of the thing in this case is that Furr found himself in the catbird seat this time and didn't quite know what to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catbird_seat

All the the cameras turned towards him, he was standing a metre behind his Lardship, the Rofo henchman was trying to shut him down, and he was the only one chanting...i just think he got a bit over excited and got stuck in the 'resign' groove.

He probably should have been better prepared, but he also may not have imagined that he would be so successful in creating a big splash, so i'd cut him some slack on this one.

I actually thought the repeating of resign was perfect.
The Fords themselves repeat the same lying catch phrases ad nauseum.
It seems to be part of their strategy: keep the message simple and repeat it over and over.
When repeated often enough it goes straight into the subconscious.

I agree some other simple chants would be helpful. Answer the questions! would be another great one.

But my favourite is still the guy from the CH gallery who called out Ford when he came over to intimidate people sitting there in November:
"How do you know Anthony Smith, you lying scumbag!"
:D

I actually thought the repeating of resign was perfect.
The Fords themselves repeat the same lying catch phrases ad nauseum.
It seems to be part of their strategy: keep the message simple and repeat it over and over.
When repeated often enough it goes straight into the subconscious.

I agree some other simple chants would be helpful. Answer the questions! would be another great one.

But my favourite is still the guy from the CH gallery who called out Ford when he came over to intimidate people sitting there in November:
"How do you know Anthony Smith, you lying scumbag!"
:D
I didn't like the "resign, resign, resign". I much preferred, "answer my questions, I'm a taxpayer too". To me, that resonates far more than a call to resign -- plus it throws Ford's own rhetoric back in his face.

I do love seeing Ford and his cronies rattled, though :)

Easier to bash Waterfront Toronto than explain secret cheques and illegal fundraisers...

reporterdonpeat 12:08pm via Twitter Web Client
"They sit under them & they get shade" Cllr Shelley Carroll explaining the pink umbrellas at Sugar Beach.

reporterdonpeat 12:04pm via Twitter Web Client
"I don't know the purpose of the umbrellas" Cllr Giorgio Mammoliti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back