1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 942     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/politics/2014/07/20140708-140706.html

"My window got smashed in last night so they're up to their dirty tricks," Ford said. "I'll let the media decide on who they think who did it." (But it's on camera, isn't it? It's not up for ANYONE to "decide" on who they think did it.)

--------

"It is pretty low in a democracy like Canada (that) people resort to this. I think the questions will have to be pointed to John Tory and Olivia Chow - ask them."

He denied he was suggesting Tory or Chow were responsible. (LOL, whut.)

Let's remember he also had video of Dale in Rob's yard...but of course he didn't. I bet Doug smashed the window himself.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/politics/2014/07/20140708-140706.html

"My window got smashed in last night so they're up to their dirty tricks," Ford said. "I'll let the media decide on who they think who did it." (But it's on camera, isn't it? It's not up for ANYONE to "decide" on who they think did it.)

--------

"It is pretty low in a democracy like Canada (that) people resort to this. I think the questions will have to be pointed to John Tory and Olivia Chow - ask them."

THIS SHIT. This, in a nutshell, is what drives me so completely crazy. Just the constant stream of smirking 5th-grade level lies and the assumption that we're all just too goddamn stupid or chickenshit to call him out on it. "I'll let the media decide on who they think who did it." FUCK YOU.

--------

It's almost like he's trying to do a US style smear campaign without actually understanding what that really is! He's basically claiming that someone targeted his car and his car alone and placed the blame on Tory and Chow together. And since this type of weird accusation "worked" against Stinz (as in, she basically didn't slap his head into next week), he figures it will work against Tory and Chow.

I don't believe the window-smashing happened at all, without proof. And if there is proof, I'll think Doug did it. Because that's how believable he is.

You're right down in the lair Jimmy T, sure that's wise?

AoD

I've decided to say screw it. The handwriting on that note left on my desk looks a lot like one of my manager's. Maybe it was some creepy warning about my internet usage? Though IT says they'd have no way of knowing my username. Anyhow, I've just decided to make extra sure I'm only posting during breaks or after hours.

--------

So he suggests that Tory and Chow would know something about this and then denies that he is suggesting they are behind it. He needs to be held over the fire on accusations like that. Such utter bullshit, show some proof that the window was smashed (by someone other than himself). This "victim" crap when things go bad is really transparent. Nobody believes him, but he shouldn't get off the hook for making accusations. Tory and Chow should go after him for this BS.

It's almost like he's trying to do a US style smear campaign without actually understanding what that really is! He's basically claiming that someone targeted his car and his car alone and placed the blame on Tory and Chow together. And since this type of weird accusation "worked" against Stinz (as in, she basically didn't slap his head into next week), he figures it will work against Tory and Chow.

"It is going to be a dirty campaign, we're going to take the high road..."

I love how these clowns play dirtier than anything previously imagined while simoultaneously saying they're taking the high road. All of this takes place within the confines of a single SUN article. Who are they fooling? (Apparently, 20% of Torontonians).

Wow, he's definitely on something! That or he's got a serious hangover.

I don't know. I see that very same deadening effect whenever call my teenage son on the carpet.

Ford acts like that whenever authoritative people are telling him off. Conversely, he acts like a giddy schoolgirl when he's around people he likes.

In short, not all of his personality quirks need to trace back to one drug or another.

Last edited:
re: breaking window - please, weaksauce - just what would the campaigns gain by doing that? And if they hate him that much, breaking windows are kind of useless as a way to get even.

AoD

Last edited:
Dismissal of Rob Ford defamation lawsuit upheld by appeal court

A lower-court judge dismissed the lawsuit in December 2012, ruling that Foulidis did not prove the comments were directed at him nor that they were defamatory.

Foulidis appealed the decision, but the Court of Appeal for Ontario dismissed it in a ruling released today.

The court writes that Foulidis was not the target of Ford's words, nor were the remarks abusive or insulting toward Foulidis.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/toronto/story/1.2700017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back