2.3K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 574     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short video from the shirtless horde protest this morning (posted by Jen Pags):
http://instagram.com/p/qMLFIjI7NA/
It's basically John Furr yelling "Resign!" over and over.

The best part was the camera constantly panned back to include the protest signs which framed him perfectly.

I bet Doug is blowing a gasket!

The best part was the camera constantly panned back to include the protest signs which framed him perfectly.

I wouldn't put it past DoFo to get some 'family friends', to attend all future pressers/events, to make sure protestors are head-butted accordingly.

This got tweeted, not sure if it has been verified.
catfish8888 ‏@catfish8888 9m
#TOpoli Ford staffers push, kick #shirtlesshorde protestor. #respectfortaxpayers #thugs #fishrotsfromthehead

I thought the innocent looking lady holding the "you are your brother's puppet" one was the best!

Reminds me of the completely perfect "That's not true, Doug" sign.

Civilians holding simple questions/statements on signs that get screen time when the FoFam is scrumming could finally balance out the TO media's FoFam friendly bias.

Last edited:
Looks like John Furr is getting rid of his farmer's tan this summer. I'm glad he was the one that Dan attempted to block, John won't take any crap from him or any of Ford's goons.

Breakfast Television's Kevin Frankish is really struggling with the idea that the Mayor could be heckled as he was.

And the thing is - this is going to embolden protestors. Expect RoDoFo to respond with protestors of their own, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turn to thugs to add some spice.

AoD

And this is where they need to be careful. Let Ford's minions throw the first punch if it comes to that. I certainly won't be surprised to see Ford bring more people t line up behind him in future to avoid this sort of thing.

Everything is a battle, so Doug will try to turn this into a fight with the other campaigns. He'll probably say they don't send their campaign staff to Tory and Chow's speeches but that may need to change now that the gloves are off.

He will also say it's undemocratic to send a bunch of unemployed lefties to block the mayor's message.

And this is where they need to be careful. Let Ford's minions throw the first punch if it comes to that. I certainly won't be surprised to see Ford bring more people t line up behind him in future to avoid this sort of thing.

Except that this was a mayoral announcement, not a campaign event. Ostensibly.

CP24 video of this morning's fun. I did laugh out loud at 3:44 when he says (again...I guess it's the RoFo version of 'folks') 'friends' and someone's shouts 'you don't have any friends.'
This is good. I'm not one to stand up and yell, so I have to leave it to bolder people, but I'd like to suggest for next time he uses the word "friends":

All your friends are criminals.

Lisi. Basso. Payman. Bellissimo. Murdering tow-truck drivers.

Criminals who live in their mothers' basements.

Why are all your friends criminals, Rob?

Are you a criminal too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back