956     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 857     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we see one of these letters, I'm calling bullshit. I bet he was the one that punched out his car window too, if that happened at all, also.

Stamper threw the brick.

I totally called the Tory/Chow blame, but the hookers and SUV was a nice touch.

LOL.jpg

Full Press Conference here: http://globalnews.ca/news/1438207/watch-angry-protesters-disrupt-rob-ford-press-conference/

Attachments

• LOL.jpg
    LOL.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 743
Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 4m
Doug Ford also says that someone has been sending letters to his wife alleging that he's been hiring "$1000-a-night hookers."

I called it....the escalation to physicality from Ford's side!

Also...1000.00 a night? That's cheap ;)

Oh, the declaration of war, just like when me and my brother were watching tv about Kuwait!, is full steam ahead!

Hahahahahahahaha!

This summer's latest fad looks like fun, I have to get to one of these events to Yell At The Crackhead Mayor. I'm only really surprised that more people were not shouting at him.

Also noticed that Ford can't say more than 4 words without looking back down at the speech written for him.

... it's going to be a tough week for the camping.
does anyone have a link to where campaign morphed into camping?

i seem to recall it in connection with the scarborough storefront... or maybe the disastrous web site release?

i guess i could try to search the old thread, but i thought i'd ask first

To be honest, I think the shirtless jogger heckling Ford was powerful because it was an ordinary citizen doing it spur of the moment. Having the same guy do it over and over loses a lot of the power. It gets press -- but not necessarily good press. Daniel Dale was wondering on Twitter if John Furr was helping or hurting Ford at this point, and I can see what he means. To the average person, say, my mom, he would seem kind of whacko. It would be more effective to have some kind of sleeper protesters at every Ford event, different people every time, who step out and start launching questions at Ford.

Buuut it's all good. I think we're all telling each other how to effectively protest because it's all a people's campaign against Rob Ford. None of the other campaigns have been able to effectively respond to his lies.

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 4m
Doug Ford also says that someone has been sending letters to his wife alleging that he's been hiring "$1000-a-night hookers."

This is what happens when you leave your hookers tied up in the trunk of your SUV...

If Doug is pre-emptively saying this to the press, that more than likely means 1) It's true, and 2) He's received an 'invitation to respond' from a media outlet. Hopefully we'll see more in a day or two.

To be honest, I think the shirtless jogger heckling Ford was powerful because it was an ordinary citizen doing it spur of the moment. Having the same guy do it over and over loses a lot of the power. It gets press -- but not necessarily good press. Daniel Dale was wondering on Twitter if John Furr was helping or hurting Ford at this point, and I can see what he means. To the average person, say, my mom, he would seem kind of whacko. It would be more effective to have some kind of sleeper protesters at every Ford event, different people every time, who step out and start launching questions at Ford.

Buuut it's all good. I think we're all telling each other how to effectively protest because it's all a people's campaign against Rob Ford. None of the other campaigns have been able to effectively respond to his lies.
If he were to do 40 times, I can see someone saying "get a new schtick". But it has only been twice. Maybe next time he will put a shirt on.
I say anything (non-violent, of course) that disrupts the Ford family's lying agenda is good for Toronto.
Good on JF for getting off his ass and doing something.

This is what happens when you leave your hookers tied up in the trunk of your SUV...

If Doug is pre-emptively saying this to the press, that more than likely means 1) It's true, and 2) He's received an 'invitation to respond' from a media outlet. Hopefully we'll see more in a day or two.
Maybe the Cachet story will finally see the light of day!
But the twist is that it involves Drug too.

I thought Furr was over the line yelling, holding placards is totally different. I would like to see a MASS signage show-up with hundreds of unanswered questions.

At the end of the day I think Furr should put his shirt back on, keep up the pressure but lay off the yelling when cameras are there, the more placards there are the harder it is for the PRESS not to ask those questions.

To be honest, I think the shirtless jogger heckling Ford was powerful because it was an ordinary citizen doing it spur of the moment.
I think this is true. The shirtless jogger was accused of being a plant, but he was effective in asserting that he was a guy from the neighbourhood who happened upon the Fords. If it's the same guy yelling all the time he quickly becomes John Clarke and OCAP. And many people, including myself, are far less open to professional activists or full-time protesters. But someone needs to get the action moving. It also seems to me that heckling Ford in the form of questions is effective. "Answer the questions" had punch when directed at a man who won't speak to police and runs from the media. "RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN" will grow irritating to more than just Ford and his team quick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back