Attachments

• sal.jpg
    sal.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 974
  • sal2.jpg
    sal2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 977
interesting...

doug followed rob as he left greenestone. (also, they left at 10am, so he could have been at CH earlier than he was.)

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-l...make-statement-at-toronto-city-hall-1.1892767

and who's the person in rob's passenger seat?

View attachment 28974

edit: here's a video of them leaving, for those that would like to see...

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-new...5138/#55545138

The first time I saw the CP24 segment with Rob's Escalade and Doug's Navigator, the story was Doug was in the passenger seat and someone else was driving the Lincoln. That particular frame looks a little like Graeme but the CP24 clip especially with them saying it was Doug, looked like Doug. Late last night the story included that Doug brought the Escalade with him, which means the Escalade was some somewhere other than Greenestone but not handy for Doug to get without having to drive to get it. Whatever. $50 bucks (to the Socknacki campaign of your choice) Rob was lying down in the back seat as the motorcade pulled into Greenestone, to 'pick him up' there.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m

Rob Ford getting booed in East York Canada Day parade RT @MaryamSun1 I hear boos as Ford Nation makes way down Coxwell #TOpoli #RobFord

This makes me SO happy!

I was at the parade and so surprised to see Ford Nation there. Then we realized Ford himself was there and we were angry! Not sure why he showed up on our turf, he has little support here.

I was appalled the coverage cp24 posted on their website. They made it look like Ford was being praised and cheered. The crowd was very riled up, yelling and screaming at Ford to leave our neighborhood. Several people were corralled by the Marshall for yelling. It's shocking to see media spin right in front of your eyes. I was there with five other people who are just as taken aback as me. It's like the reporter was in opposite land.

At least on the ground, where it matters come vote time, there were very few supporters.

Also funny to note that the crazy thunderstorm started as soon a Ford hit the pavement, as though the city was being cleansed. Best thing I heard was a woman yell "Stop raining on our parade, Rob Ford".

Hilarious that SAL is butt hurt with Royson. He is one of a small handful to actually call the media cowards out. (Hope he's reading this... WELL DONE, sir!)

The "long game" comment bugs me, too. If they have dirt, bring it up. The thoroughly dishonorable FoFam is not deserving of Marquis of Queensberry rules... More like Prison shiv-fight rules.

Y'know, you really suck all the air out of this thread for me. Are you helping corporations shelter from taxes?
Barbados Faces Debt Crisis as an Offshore Tax Haven
Canadian money hidden in tax havens hits record high. Again.
I think Riverdale Rink Rat sucks. Despite subscribing to the Globe to read to its daughters.

Well, thanks for that. 'Cause that sure was on topic, and online blogs/opinion sites are definitely the source for knowing what's happening in Barbados. But, in two sentences: 1. Barbados has a debt crisis because tourism is down remarkably due to the financial crisis, and the government tried some serious Keynesian pump priming and then didn't turn off the taps. It had little or nothing to do with its 'tax haven' status. 2. The Canadian (and, due to FATCA, US) governments know about every dollar we are investing here. Most of which is to help insure various Canadian companies, unions, and NGOs against catastrophic loss should they have employees hit by hurricanes or get sued.

As for this thread, it's too bad you're not a fan of my contributions, rare as they have been lately as His Fordness hasn't done anything worth getting riled up about. I've enjoyed your flights of fancy, but I don't think you actually care whether Ford is defeated as Mayor, but rather are just here for the entertainment value. Which is fine. Cheers.

Well, thanks for that. 'Cause that sure was on topic, and online blogs/opinion sites are definitely the source for knowing what's happening in Barbados. But, in two sentences: 1. Barbados has a debt crisis because tourism is down remarkably due to the financial crisis, and the government tried some serious Keynesian pump priming and then didn't turn off the taps. It had little or nothing to do with its 'tax haven' status. 2. The Canadian (and, due to FATCA, US) governments know about every dollar we are investing here. Most of which is to help insure various Canadian companies, unions, and NGOs against catastrophic loss should they have employees hit by hurricanes or get sued.

As for this thread, it's too bad you're not a fan of my contributions, rare as they have been lately as His Fordness hasn't done anything worth getting riled up about. I've enjoyed your flights of fancy, but I don't think you actually care whether Ford is defeated as Mayor, but rather are just here for the entertainment value. Which is fine. Cheers.

I must admit I was shocked by Sublime's posts early this morning. It was like his/her account had been hacked - so out of character. Bitten by the crabby bug, maybe?

That was exactly as expected and changes nothing -- same thumbed nose at the media, same setting silly rules just to be a prick, same half-assed apology, same Sun Ford Nation types cheerleading, same, same, same. Not even enough of an apology to cast a day's worth of doubt. The Fords used to do this shite better -- it's like they're not even trying as hard to be pricks.

This was my take on it as well. There's nothing new here, even as far as dirty politics goes. These two dishonorable assholes are simply trying to brazen the whole situation out, and they (and their gutter tactics) couldn't be more obvious, crass, or transparent. Master manipulators, the Fords ain't. And yet, to the meagre extent they're actually managing to drive the media narrative, it's entirely due to our spineless local media refusing to man up and call them out.

And even that is understandable, up to a point. I get that the Fords are "news," even if it's of the prurient, "let's watch the clown make a fool of himself" tabloid style of faux-news. Being on the scene to catch him in the middle of another hair-brained stunt or pratfall translates into ratings, sure. I can also understand that Ford still technically falls under the banner of conservatism, so the local corporate media is going to treat him as gently as they can get away with, even if I don't like it.

All that is to be expected...but only up to a point. And it's a point we've long since passed. At this stage, he simply doesn't deserve any more consideration. Fuck "the long game." They should be hammering him mercilessly. But here we find far right trash like Sue-Ann Levy are still making excuses for him, and now the supposedly more mainstream media is actively covering up for Fatso, if they're electing to tone down the negative response he's getting from the public at large. What the hell is the matter with these people?

The Face of Sobriety? Ancient looking for 45 anyway...

I dunno, thedeepend, it's not necessarily an ancient looking face for 45, and it may be a sober face for now. I see the face of a guy who doesn't even know why he's there. Honestly. He's actually a pointless person despite all of his offences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back