News   Jun 20, 2024
 754     3 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 509     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbcsteve 1:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Quite a few hecklers for @TOMayorFord as he marched in East York Parade, staff would reply to boos with "Happy Canada Day!"

This was my take on it as well. There's nothing new here, even as far as dirty politics goes. These two dishonorable assholes are simply trying to brazen the whole situation out, and they (and their gutter tactics) couldn't be more obvious, crass, or transparent. Master manipulators, the Fords ain't. And yet, to the meagre extent they're actually managing to drive the media narrative, it's entirely due to our spineless local media refusing to man up and call them out.

And even that is understandable, up to a point. I get that the Fords are "news," even if it's of the prurient, "let's watch the clown make a fool of himself" tabloid style of faux-news. Being on the scene to catch him in the middle of another hair-brained stunt or pratfall translates into ratings, sure. I can also understand that Ford still technically falls under the banner of conservatism, so the local corporate media is going to treat him as gently as they can get away with, even if I don't like it.

All that is to be expected...but only up to a point. And it's a point we've long since passed. At this stage, he simply doesn't deserve any more consideration. Fuck "the long game." They should be hammering him mercilessly. But here we find far right trash like Sue-Ann Levy are still making excuses for him, and now the supposedly more mainstream media is actively covering up for Fatso, if they're electing to tone down the negative response he's getting from the public at large. What the hell is the matter with these people?

Clicks and eyeballs. It all about the money. It's only about the money. Ford 'in the game and competitive' keeps the clicks and eyeballs coming folks.

Dale's appeal to boycott Ford's return:

goldsbie 1:16pm via Twitter Web Client
Daniel proposed a boycott in an email late Friday night, and over the weekend, the Press Gallery leadership tried to organize such a thing.

goldsbie 1:17pm via Twitter Web Client
The discussions were serious ones, and I was actually very impressed (even dazzled) that some major outlets offered conditional buy-in.

goldsbie 1:19pm via Twitter Web Client
Ultimately, however, a handful of the biggest players declined (with one outright refusing), and without them it wouldn't have worked.

It seems like Rob has been making the rounds. He was wandering around in City Place, and now RFMG is tweeting that he is at City Hall, along with Doug, Mikey, Dan Jacobs and some others. (unknown)

We all know Rob suffers from bouts of low self esteem and I can't see these public appearances where he will be heckled (rightly so) unmercifully being anything but a MAJOR downer. This does not bode well for a guy with his addictions.

As far as Sue Ann Levy goes, she crayons for the SUN, what do you expect?

P.S. What sort of Parent let's their kid be held by this buffoon like a trophy????

so he just had to ruin Canada Day for people, too. :rolleyes:

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 3h
Rob Ford gets in the Canada Day spirit, flanked by supporters with pro-Ford signs as onlookers scream Shame! Resign!
Brd6Lk7IYAAgltg.jpg

ran away from East York and went to Metro Hall
BreKtNQCEAAD_Ni.jpg

Canada Day Parade in East York

Rob Granatstein ✔ @robedits
Follow

Rob Ford brings up the rear in the East York Canada Day Parade. Booed, yelled at, kids upset. Terrible way to end a parade.
11:06 AM - 1 Jul 2014
CanadaDayParade.jpg

Attachments

• CanadaDayParade.jpg
    CanadaDayParade.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 814
Rob Granatstein ✔ @robedits
Follow

Rob Ford brings up the rear in the East York Canada Day Parade. Booed, yelled at, kids upset. Terrible way to end a parade.
11:06 AM - 1 Jul 2014
View attachment 28994

FRAK ME!!! After the whole bullshit apology yesterday it turns out that it is just apologia instead by today's actions. At least it is now on record that "well-hab" has not changed anything, and he is still the same douche nozzle he has been for years.

I could go on but I am too outraged at this... and I sure that no one here needs to be subjected to that sort of rant.

FRAK ME!!! After the whole bullshit apology yesterday it turns out that it is just apologia instead by today's actions. At least it is now on record that "well-hab" has not changed anything, and he is still the same douche nozzle he has been for years.

I could go on but I am too outraged at this... and I sure that no one here needs to be subjected to that sort of rant.

C'mon, get it out of your system. You're among friends here. It's not healthy to keep RoFo Rage bottled up inside.

This makes me wonder if rob and doug expected a hero's welcome? Does the booing and negativity come as a shock or did they expect it and are just being spiteful dicks?

From @sarahboesveld
En route to #chinpicnic now - holler at me if you see Rob Ford there!
Breyri7CUAAs9wq.jpg

(is that Rob's son, or just some poor kid he latched onto?)

one minute ago:
Pretttty sure we just pulled in to #chinpicnic behind Ford's Escalade
BrezqlpCEAApm9b.jpg:large

Graeme the receptionist handed out campaign paraphernalia to one of the #rfmg sitters this aft, at city hall. He watches the twitter account like a hawk and knows a bunch of us complained about yesterday's campaign speech. He is just playing games now.

Rob, Doug, Mikey, Graeme and Dan Jacobs all stopped off at city hall. The media was notified and one reporter showed up but Doug said Rob wasn't taking questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back