182     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 636     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 902     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear. Thought I was missing something. dep_lez, pls elaborate.

I was obviously paying far too much attention to the "did-Daddy-Ford-swim-Lake-Ontario-or-not" thread diversion (I know; this thread advances 10 pages and it's like Ford-history, it's "a long time ago now", etc.)...

Reference to a swimmer putting his toe in the water but not making the swim....ah, nevermind *crawls back under long-time lurker rock*

Reported remarks that have been taken as homophobic, racist and misogynistic

Riiiiiight. "Reported Remarks". "Taken as".

I also think Rob's counsellor may want to revisit the definition of enabling with him before he is released back into the population.

And look, at the end, Robbles teenage-boy-like obsession with the gun show pops back up.

This just backs up my previous statement that Greenestone may have a program that works for some patients, but if you don't want to follow it, they'll still gladly take your money.

I was obviously paying far too much attention to the "did-Daddy-Ford-swim-Lake-Ontario-or-not" thread diversion (I know; this thread advances 10 pages and it's like Ford-history, it's "a long time ago now", etc.)...

Reference to a swimmer putting his toe in the water but not making the swim....ah, nevermind *crawls back under long-time lurker rock*

No that's a fair assumption. He's a dumbass but he's just passive enough to want to find stuff out behind the scenes I bet. Somehow I think he might reference stuff more than that if he was. Quite honestly he might not write such misdirected stuff if he had a heads up on here lol

I got it! Funny!

The mayor has some work to do when it comes to clearing up reported remarks that have been taken as homophobic, racist and misogynist. In the past, Ford has told me he did not even realize what was coming out of his mouth and that he was embarrassed with how it sounded on tapes I presented him.

*out from under rock* Multiple "tapes" - I'm going to go with Worms having recorded Ford at the strip mall pub....at least.

Do you actually think he's not going to turn up dead within the year? There is no chance whatsoever that he cleans up. None. The guy is a lost cause, and rich. If he wants to snort the yayo off of a Cachet Lady's bum, he will. I (still) predict he wins in October, but, am adding that he's dead within the year. He likely thinks that a couple of jogs have strengthened his heart, and that he can do more coke than before Robhab... which will enable his (final) OD.

That's my fear for the guy. Returning to drug and/or alcohol use after being clean and using the same amount of substance has killed recently (Amy Winehouse, Phillip Seymour Hoffman). I don't share your view that he'll win (I think he's fizzling out in terms of Ford Natio, finally), but if he relapses it's going to be in a very bad way. Given his physical shape, even w/out drugs and alcohol he must have medical problems.

Last edited:
Mayor Rob Ford is hoping to make a big splash in the election campaign.

FordInTheDeepEnd.jpg

Attachments

• FordInTheDeepEnd.jpg
    FordInTheDeepEnd.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 691
Question: How long do people think Rob will continue to behave after his return from Greenstone? He lasted a couple of months after this "come to Jesus moment" back in the fall, IIRC. Also, Adrienne Batra has said he can be quite focused when he's working toward a goal. But you can put me in with the skeptics who don't believe his rehab is going to stick over the longer term. He'll certainly have some momentum to stay clean after Greenstone. But can he make it all the way to Oct. 27? I'm giving it 50/50.

Question: How long do people think Rob will continue to behave after his return from Greenstone? He lasted a couple of months after this "come to Jesus moment" back in the fall, IIRC. Also, Adrienne Batra has said he can be quite focused when he's working toward a goal. But you can put me in with the skeptics who don't believe his rehab is going to stick over the longer term. He'll certainly have some momentum to stay clean after Greenstone. But can he make it all the way to Oct. 27? I'm giving it 50/50.

With the stress of an election campaign, I give him 30 days. 60 tops.

I don't buy the 'no one enabled me' line either. Surely many people enabled him, actively or otherwise, by not speaking up, by turning a blind eye to his behaviour and generally pretending his problem was not a problem?

So the pool he's in in the photo is not at GreeneStone, right? The Sun version is cropped and also has text boxes blocking the cans on the deck. Where did the original come from and can anyone determine what kind of cans there are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back