191     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 446     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt RoFo "behaved" ever, let alone for any period of time Jesus or not. Just because there isn't a vid during the CTJ period, doesn't mean he wasn't rocking out in his or KaFo's or Lisi's mommy's or Bruno's mommy's or Elena/Fab's mommy's basement. The only 50/50 is if the next vid is bought or donated to the Most Biased Media Ever.
You can't be sane and believe that Best Mayor Ever has ever been "clean" during his service to the city. They should run a pipe from Mayor's urinal to a lab in the basement, to avoid future crackhead chief magistrates.

Fair points. Let me revise: How long before he gets caught falling off the wagon?

pool.jpg

This is the photo I grabbed from the Sun website, it doesn't have the bubbles and sun logo. No idea who actually took it.

Someone on twitter pointed out that the pool on the Greenstone website looks very different then the one he's in the photo (i.e. a building in the Sun photo that isn't in the greenstone photo).

http://greenestone.net/accommodations-amenities/fitness-recreation/

I tend to agree.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,457
View attachment 27549
This is the photo I grabbed from the Sun website, it doesn't have the bubbles and sun logo. No idea who actually took it.

Someone on twitter pointed out that the pool on the Greenstone website looks very different then the one he's in the photo (i.e. a building in the Sun photo that isn't in the greenstone photo).

I tend to agree.

I think that the photo is taken from the other side. Rob is in the shallow end of the pool where the single arm rail is. A cached website for Cranberry Marsh Cove shows a building behind the deep end.
homeb_04.jpg

Attachments

• homeb_03-over.jpg
    homeb_03-over.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 585
  • homeb_05.jpg
    homeb_05.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 570
  • homeb_04.jpg
    homeb_04.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
View attachment 27549

I tend to agree.

Among other things, the patio tiles are laid in different directions. The one in the brochure is straight, the photo pool is angled.

View attachment 27549

I tend to agree.

I don't think it looks all that different -- different angle and different lighting, sure, but it looks like it could be the Greenstone pool.

I'm more curious as to why there are text boxes over those cans.

View attachment 27549

I tend to agree.
]

It looks about right to me (though I'm not good at the this kind of stuff.) Compared to the Greenstone photo, he's standing at the foot of the stairs. The building is cropped out in the Greenstone photo, so you can't compare. But the curve of the pool itself looks about right. I wouldn't put too much store by the colour of the tiles. There's a lot of light bouncing around in that picture, and who knows how the camera has been set. The difference in colour could easily be the way the camera is compensating for light v. dark.

I'm just trying to figure out where "takes photos of other patients" fits in with the whole privacy/anonymity premise of rehab.

Question: How long do people think Rob will continue to behave after his return from Greenstone? He lasted a couple of months after this "come to Jesus moment" back in the fall, IIRC. Also, Adrienne Batra has said he can be quite focused when he's working toward a goal. But you can put me in with the skeptics who don't believe his rehab is going to stick over the longer term. He'll certainly have some momentum to stay clean after Greenstone. But can he make it all the way to Oct. 27? I'm giving it 50/50.

I think what's going to sink him is the stink around him now, and the sense of impending, inevitable defeat. I'll take Batra's word for it that he can stay focused, and we've certainly seen him stonewall his way through life, but "staying focused" and slogging it out until election day isn't going to fix the damage he's done to himself. It's easy to stay focused when you're winning and feeling good. I'll wager that Ford gets a little spike in the polls on the way out of rehab, but it won't last, the press won't let him off the hook for countless "in the past" incidents, and reality will quickly sink in.

I think what's going to sink him is the stink around him now, and the sense of impending, inevitable defeat. I'll take Batra's word for it that he can stay focused, and we've certainly seen him stonewall his way through life, but "staying focused" and slogging it out until election day isn't going to fix the damage he's done to himself. It's easy to stay focused when you're winning and feeling good. I'll wager that Ford gets a little spike in the polls on the way out of rehab, but it won't last, the press won't let him off the hook for countless "in the past" incidents, and reality will quickly sink in.

Here's hoping that when Robbie comes home all "cured", the topic of conversation isn't rehab or his health, but it's his record (or lack thereof) and his on-the-record statements that are racist, homophobic, bigoted, mysogynistic and everything else. I don't care if he doesn't remember saying it or if it was recorded in one of his drunken stupors, he said it, and he needs to be held accountable for those beliefs as the mayor of Canada's biggest city.

Here's hoping that when Robbie comes home all "cured", the topic of conversation isn't rehab or his health, but it's his record (or lack thereof) and his on-the-record statements that are racist, homophobic, bigoted, mysogynistic and everything else. I don't care if he doesn't remember saying it or if it was recorded in one of his drunken stupors, he said it, and he needs to be held accountable for those beliefs as the mayor of Canada's biggest city.

They say voters love a redemption story, but who apart from Ford Nation will believe that Ford has redeemed himself? It's just going to be the same old shit, empty sloganeering and "it's in the past." There'll be no apologies or accounting for anything, no change in the way he conducts himself---nothing new except his claims that he's all better now. People have even heard those before...

View attachment 27549

I tend to agree.

Doesn't the Sun usually post those photos on page 3?

Among other things, the patio tiles are laid in different directions. The one in the brochure is straight, the photo pool is angled.
Perhaps they recently renovated the pool. Maybe in response to the locals saying this place isn't a legitimate rehab centre? The ol' retiling the pool trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back