76     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 55     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 481     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazelton is well known and big -- but it is not the ne plus ultra of luxury. Not even close.

I don't know - I never toured any of them (edit - I never stayed in any of them and only visited) - I was just a passenger on someone else's "Crazy Train". I personally doubt (from what I saw) that the "for pay" rehab places are any better than the OHIP funded ones... there are no guarantees offered anywhere...

Last edited:
At this point, I've decided that the most likely explanation for the Tim Horton's incident is that the teenager and the two Timmy's employees were mistaken about seeing Rob - but that Doug is lying about being there anyway. It doesn't make any sense, but he does it because he's a compulsive liar.

I wonder if Doug sometimes switches tanks? The Escalade is apparently leased to the company, and it sounds like Doug may have signed the paperwork.

Brings us back the question, is the Escalade still being driven by anyone? Because that could also become a source of false RoFo sightings.

BTW, from what I saw on the news, it looks Jerry is back in uniform. Unless that was another case of mistaken identity ( for me ).

I don't know - I never toured any of them (edit - I never stayed in any of them and only visited) - I was just a passenger on someone else's "Crazy Train". I personally doubt that the "for pay" rehab places are any better than the OHIP funded ones... there are no guarantees offered anywhere...

I've been in the addictions field for 20 years. I've seen many of them -- they are gorgeous, better than some resorts I've been at, but in terms of efficacy, no, they are most certainly not better.

In fact, I would say the more luxury you have, the less likely you are to recover (for a variety of reasons that I'm sure nobody is interested in). I am NOT an advocate of private rehabs, or for that matter ANY for-profit institution doing what a non-profit does. Ever.

"Those suggesting Ford must be checked into a traditional rehab program should be reminded whatever action he takes in this regard is his own choice and voluntary. If he chooses to find another route to achieve sobriety, there is nothing in law that can prevent that."

By the above definition, would a licenced Holistic Centre / Practitioner be considered rehab?

Last edited:
I wish that you had indicated that the link was to a Warmington article; I did not want to give him the click.
Other wise I agree with your post.

Was on my phone on the 504, used the 'Copy Tweet' link from Tweetbot ... Sorry. I don't really think one or two clicks here or there will change Worm's salary or position, but I understand your concern.

In fact, I would say the more luxury you have, the less likely you are to recover (for a variety of reasons that I'm sure nobody is interested in). I am NOT an advocate of private rehabs, or for that matter ANY for-profit institution doing what a non-profit does. Ever.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE with you on this.

I may or may not have a problem I may or may not be able to deal with alone, but I have a job and a cat to take care of ... The whole RoFo issue is kind of interesting for me since if I was a public servant I'd probably be catching a lot of shit too.

*If* you were dealing with something and needed objective advice, you'd be quite welcome to PM me. I don't charge 100k. I don't charge at all.

It's quite obvious slobo is hiding out, prolly at a private residence in the junction area. The family prolly hired a personal doctor to babysit slobo but he escapes to timmies and uses his cellphone after curfew. Joey Worms knows this and, being slobo's communication director, he is adding to the spin. Pretty low for the Toronto sun to condone such fake reporting...can't even call it journalism.

Does it seem the Worms is on the family payroll?

I would not put any confidence the slobs is in any type of formal rehab....he just has a family sponsored doctor/ trainer/ dealer...whatever babysitting him. I'd suggest the press look in the Junction area for medical professionals living there......a la private clinic/ private home for the Toronto wealthy!

Last edited:
Seems like Warmington's learned that Ford's not in a "traditional" rehab, that's he's chosen "another route."

Why do I suspect that once the details of "another route" are revealed everyone will slap their foreheads and say, "What the fuck?"

Yeah, that's pretty much a tacit statement that he's not in rehab.

"Those suggesting Ford must be checked into a traditional rehab program should be reminded whatever action he takes in this regard is his own choice and voluntary. If he chooses to find another route to achieve sobriety, there is nothing in law that can prevent that."

Would a licenced Holistic Centre / Practitioner be considered rehab?

Thank you, I now have the image of Rob Ford on a table covered with a zillion acupuncture needles, like a porcupine.

Seriously, I think some rehabs probably use complementary/therapeutic treatments. I don't know much about regulation of these places, but there have to be holistic treatment plans.

Re dry Junction - it was declared dry after some (apparently booze-fueled) riots by workers at the stockyards/manufacturers. One particular blowout outside of Heydon House (still there at St. Clair and Old Weston Road) apparently sealed the deal. In addition to having the Keele Centre, there've always been some rooming houses etc. Prior to the removal of the stockyards and the Symes Incinerator, it wasn't exactly a pleasant place to live, depending on the way the wind blew and what side of the tracks you lived on.

Postcodes for the Junction begin with M6N and M6P

Here are lists of addiction counsellors for those postcodes

http://therapists.psychologytoday.c...hp?sid=1399556313.293_3947&zipcode=M6P&spec=4

http://therapists.psychologytoday.c...hp?sid=1399556313.293_3947&zipcode=M6P&spec=4

The Fords NEVER involve someone they don't already have dealings with. That should narrow things down.

Get busy, maggots.

Edit: other postcodes can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M_postal_codes_of_Canada

On the other hand, I'm fairly convinced that RoFo is actually under a trainer. Probably one known to Krista. Possibly Krista herself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back