3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he's not actually at a place or the place is not actually a place. He gets "shit" for using his phone and they don't take it away? he uses it again and haven't kicked him out? THE WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT, who is 'bs'ing harder doesn't matter, there is no truth here.

Of course it's bullshit. One of the earlier messages was that the robhab place had let him have work shipped over there so he could make constituent calls. Either they allowed him to have his phone to phone people or they didn't know about it and they told him he couldn't use it, but both stories don't work together. The third option, that he's not in any real rehab place, is the only one that makes sense.

The hundred grand thing is illuminating, because it demonstrates that not only is RoFo not in rehab, they didn't actually call anywhere to find out how much it cost either.

Of course it's bullshit. One of the earlier messages was that the robhab place had let him have work shipped over there so he could make constituent calls. Either they allowed him to have his phone to phone people or they didn't know about it and they told him he couldn't use it, but both stories don't work together. The third option, that he's not in any real rehab place, is the only one that makes sense.

Exactly, there are so many levels of BS here, it's now impossible to know which BS is the actual BS. Unless it's just the first one, which brings us back to the cheap motel with Mikey in the next room.

I don't know what to make of the Tim Horton's thing, however. As stupid as these guys are, hard to imagine Rob would get of the house and hit a major public place (and one I am sure is now being inundated by media requests for video footage). But if there were lots of people there, why would the teenager be the only one saying Rob was there? But then, why would I believe Doug that it was him? But then, if it was Doug, wouldn't lots of people be backing up his claim about how social he was? None of it makes any sense.

At this point, I've decided that the most likely explanation for the Tim Horton's incident is that the teenager and the two Timmy's employees were mistaken about seeing Rob - but that Doug is lying about being there anyway. It doesn't make any sense, but he does it because he's a compulsive liar.

At this point, I've decided that the most likely explanation for the Tim Horton's incident is that the teenager and the two Timmy's employees were mistaken about seeing Rob - but that Doug is lying about being there anyway. It doesn't make any sense, but he does it because he's a compulsive liar.

Nope. Ford is 100% in Toronto. None of them were mistaken. I don't have a source but why would three people independently make something up about the mayor changing into sweats in a coffee shop?

I'm *definitely* not trying to defend what Rofo said about 100k -- but I just wanted to point out that it is not unheard of. While many private programs will quote between 25 - 35k for a basic 1 month program, these private rehabs will also tack on additional costs (massage, reiki, personal trainer) -- and may, at the end say "you need more time" (which is probably true in most cases, as one month in an "executive rehab" is more of a vacation than anything), so that plus travel, you could be betting up to 70k, which in Ford math is about 100k, right? Or a billion, I forget.

There was that rumour that he was in Antigua -- I don't know where it came from, but it actually made sense to me. He'd avoid the US customs issue easily and could get fast admittance to something like crossroadsantigua.org which specializes in "Executive" (read: wealthy) patrons.

Oh, who the f*ck knows. It doesn't even matter. We want to know because we want him to be shamed for his lies, but the truth always comes out.

If Rob starts talking about having a perky, Sandra Bullock-esque sidekick, we'll know for sure that he's borrowing his material from movies.

We know they don't use libraries but someone should run a credit card cheque and see if any Fords have bought "A Million Little Pieces," in the past few weeks. That would explain a lot.

(Heck, it even starts with our addict hero on a flight to Chicago!!)

Nope. Ford is 100% in Toronto. None of them were mistaken. I don't have a source but why would three people independently make something up about the mayor changing into sweats in a coffee shop?
My theory is that Rob doesn't want to do this (disappearing from the public on the premise of being in rehab), but his hands are tied, (most of the time). He escaped on Tuesday morning. Don't understand his thinking really, but the public appearance hints at him not being on board with the family "programme"

I'm *definitely* not trying to defend what Rofo said about 100k -- but I just wanted to point out that it is not unheard of. While many private programs will quote between 25 - 35k for a basic 1 month program, these private rehabs will also tack on additional costs (massage, reiki, personal trainer) -- and may, at the end say "you need more time" (which is probably true in most cases, as one month in an "executive rehab" is more of a vacation than anything), so that plus travel, you could be betting up to 70k, which in Ford math is about 100k, right? Or a billion, I forget.

There was that rumour that he was in Antigua -- I don't know where it came from, but it actually made sense to me. He'd avoid the US customs issue easily and could get fast admittance to something like crossroadsantigua.org which specializes in "Executive" (read: wealthy) patrons.

Oh, who the f*ck knows. It doesn't even matter. We want to know because we want him to be shamed for his lies, but the truth always comes out.

I'm correcting myself -- crossroads is apparently a non-profit, not private. Huh.

Yeah, um no....

at $35k you are getting a universal program. They don't "up-sell you" when you are going through rehab - but you are right in that you do get dinged again when/if you stay beyond the original program - longer than the standard 30 day-ish period.

Don't understand his thinking really, but the public appearance hints at him not being on board with the family "programme"

Actually there could be a family battle going on right now trying to "get him to" or "keeping him in" a program and the family doesn't want to be seen as not being able to control him - which we know is 100% accurate.

Another cringe worthy J W article in the Sun. Ford say he's in trouble for talking to the media...and he talks to the media. "I'm working out like an animal". After drinking like a fish.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/05/08/rob-ford-in-rehab-hot-water

"Those suggesting Ford must be checked into a traditional rehab program should be reminded whatever action he takes in this regard is his own choice and voluntary. If he chooses to find another route to achieve sobriety, there is nothing in law that can prevent that."

Seems like Warmington's learned that Ford's not in a "traditional" rehab, that's he's chosen "another route."

Why do I suspect that once the details of "another route" are revealed everyone will slap their foreheads and say, "What the fuck?"

Yeah, um no....

at $35k you are getting a universal program. They don't "up-sell you" when you are going through rehab - but you are right in that you do get dinged again when/if you stay beyond the original program - longer than the standard 30 day-ish period.

Yeah, um, yes. MANY private programs up-sell you. Sorry.

It's called complimentary care. Independent professionals offered as a 3rd party parallel treatment not covered. Independent contractors, and the rehab gets a 10-20% cut, the money is paid directly to the independent professionals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back