885     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 354     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen%20Shot%202014-05-08%20at%2010.20.11%20AM.png

Last edited:
The Ford / Tim Horton's thing can't just be let go just because Doug says it was him. He lies because he gets away with it. I was watching cp24 and they preceded his quote by saying, "Doug Ford quickly debunked the sighting:". Did he? Why? Because he said so?

We need proof it was Rob Ford, and then need to use that proof to sink Doug.

Not by way of forgiving them, but I would bet that they do not know the difference between trying to debunk something and succeeding in debunking it (so that is is debunked). It say this because it is difficult to find any "news" source in Toronto that knows the difference between trying to refute something and actually refuting it (so that it is refuted). (It is common for Doug simply to deny something and be reported as having refuted whatever it was that he merely denied.)

The Ford / Tim Horton's thing can't just be let go just because Doug says it was him. He lies because he gets away with it. I was watching cp24 and they preceded his quote by saying, "Doug Ford quickly debunked the sighting:". Did he? Why? Because he said so?

We need proof it was Rob Ford, and then need to use that proof to sink Doug.
Every Tim Horton's has cameras. Perhaps that would end this once and for all.

So I chatted with RCMP in Fort McMurray about the dude who fell off that balcony from the apartment where the Smith getaway driver was staying. They still can't comment on the case other than to say it's ongoing. No update on if the guy sustained permanent injuries.

Bellwood is not even as close to as cushy and luxurious as a rehab can get.

The Fords are so cheap, I can't see any of them willingly paying 100 grand for anything. This is a guy who tried to buy the crack video with $5000 and a used car. If Rob is in any sort of 'rehab' at all, I would imagine it's a scam run by some fake guru that he managed to fall under the sway of. I'm picturing someone F. Murray Abraham could play in a movie. That type. And they may get 100 grand out of Ford over time, but it'll be a death of a million cuts, and Rob won't even see it happening---"Well, Rob, it looks like you're carrying a lot of negative energy in your feet, so we're going to need to give you daily foot baths where your karmic poisons are nibbled away by tiny fish. Unfortunately, these fish are not cheap."

"So what's that gonna cost me?"

"Discussions of dollar amounts are vulgar. But I assure you the cost will be quite fair. For now, let's get you to your caviar massage."

Nope, not at all. She's a #topoli regular and posts on this board as well. What she's doing is trying to urge people to focus on the city and other candidates and let Ford fade into obscurity.

If nothing else, Ford's trivializing of rehab shouldn't be downplayed or allowed to slip through the cracks. It's a serious, difficult, life-changing event and he is undermining those who are actually trying to better themselves. I don't think that ignoring that is the right way to proceed.

Yeah, it's really not like he's easy to mistake for anyone else. Not even Doug, unless it's in bobblehead form. The girl is on the level.

Note that the girl said that she was outside of the Tim Hortons and that Rob (or whoever it actually was) went into the TH wearing a suit and came out wearing sweats. So far as I have been able to dig up, it appears she just assumed that he must have used the washroom to change. The two TH employees were in the TH. So far as I have been able to dig up, neither of them said anything about Rob (or whoever it actually was) changing clothes.

Also note that, while it may not be easy to mistake Doug for Rob, there are lots of hyper-obese white, blond, mid-40s-ish males in Toronto that could be mistaken for Rob. (Why, only yesterday, someone posted a picture on UT of an overweight guy behind the wheel of a dark-coloured SUV with the suggestion that it was Rob.)

I certainly think that what Doug is spouting is standard issue Doug Ford-grade horseshit, but it is too simple to leap to a conclusion based merely on a few people thinking that they spotted a particular notorious hyper-obese white, blond, mid-40s-ish male in a city where there are lots of hyper-obese white, blond, mid-40s-ish males.

Last edited:
If nothing else, Ford's trivializing of rehab shouldn't be downplayed or allowed to slip through the cracks. It's a serious, difficult, life-changing event and he is undermining those who are actually trying to better themselves. I don't think that ignoring that is the right way to proceed.
I agree. I don't think it should be ignored, but to be fair, I've followed her for a while, she gets frustrated with the amount of attention Ford's antics get while people ignore what's actually happening at council.

I think the opposite, actually. Believe he's trying refocus people away from the antics and back to how Ford's hurt the city through city hall.
Small point, but she.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back