252     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole $100k thing is a bit rich. I know Hazelton (one of the best in North America) was USD$30k seven years ago - I doubt it has more than doubled in the interim.
My daughter told me a stint at Bellwood for about 30 days is $40,000., so Fordmath is probably at work again.

Yeah, um, yes. MANY private programs up-sell you. Sorry.

It's called complimentary care. Independent professionals offered as a 3rd party parallel treatment not covered. Independent contractors, and the rehab gets a 10-20% cut, the money is paid directly to the independent professionals.

Yes - but largely the upselling in that regard is discretionary stuff - you seriously can't double or triple your expense with spa treatments - tho you could drop that extra on flying family in for visits, lodging and transportation....

(I have the Hazelton package info in storage - not sure why I kept it - the "discretionaries" were pricey but didn't equate to Ford Math crazy)...

Last edited:
Seems like Warmington's learned that Ford's not in a "traditional" rehab, that's he's chosen "another route."

Why do I suspect that once the details of "another route" are revealed everyone will slap their foreheads and say, "What the fuck?"

Lol Bernstein.

My daughter told me a stint at Bellwood for about 30 days is $40,000., so Fordmath is probably at work again.

My knowledge of Bellwood is a few years old - but it ran the OHIP 21 day program, which you had to wait to get into, but if you wanted to pay for the extra 10 day or so (or longer), you could get in quicker.

Looks like Warmington is setting the stage for Rob to come back/reveal his "alternative route" to sobriety.

At this point, I've decided that the most likely explanation for the Tim Horton's incident is that the teenager and the two Timmy's employees were mistaken about seeing Rob - but that Doug is lying about being there anyway. It doesn't make any sense, but he does it because he's a compulsive liar.

I don't know what to make of it either, but I guess I agree with you. As dopey and brazen as the Fords are, I would be surprised (not shocked, just surprised, and only mildly) if Robbie walked into a Tim Horton's to change into a track suit and get a coffee and sandwich when he was supposed to be in an out-of-town rehab facility. The girl who saw him said something like (paraphrasing), "When I told my friends about it, they said it was impossible because the mayor's in rehab. I didn't even know that." So she's not a person who follows Ford news that closely, and so possibly could mistake one beefy middle-aged white male for another. I mean, isn't Slurpy still on the loose somewhere?

I wonder if that's why the halfway houses were located there in the first place?

I wouldn't be surprised. The Junction was dry from about 1900 - 2000. The federal correctional centre has been there about 30 years.

But, the real reason the Junction was dry was because of the slaughterhouses. When they were re-located to Cooksville about 15 years ago, the booze started flowing again for the first time in 100 years

I think Giroux might mean that when Ford acts up, they get more people calling with information.

^ I like your interpretation.

Yes - but largely the upselling in that regard is discretionary stuff - you seriously can't double or triple your expense with spa treatments - tho you could drop that extra on flying family in for visits, lodging and transportation....

(I have the Hazelton package info in storage - not sure why I kept it - the "discretionaries" were pricey but didn't equate to Ford Math crazy)...

Hazelton is well known and big -- but it is not the ne plus ultra of luxury. Not even close.

Jesus christ, 30k+ for 30 days?

How the fuck does a poor person get clean?

The program I worked for was about $900 a month. When I did the program (in the 90s) it was $500. In addition, the policy was to not turn anyone away, even if they couldn't afford it. So there are options out there. It was a non-profit program, but received very little government funding.

In addition, in the last decade a deal was made with Ontario Works -- A potential resident could claim the rehab as a residence and get OW. Of course, we would take that money for rent (still less than the monthly cost). It made rehab much more accessible, although I'm sure there are many right-wingnuts who would have had a bird if they knew their tax dollars were going to OW recipients in rehab.

The other thing to remember is that medical detox is extra. You either have to be clean for 72 hours, or pay the extra for medical detox in addition to the regular program fees. I highly doubt Rob has spent 3 consecutive days clean in the last year.

The program I worked for was about $900 a month. When I did the program (in the 90s) it was $500. In addition, the policy was to not turn anyone away, even if they couldn't afford it. So there are options out there. It was a non-profit program, but received very little government funding.

In addition, in the last decade a deal was made with Ontario Works -- A potential resident could claim the rehab as a residence and get OW. Of course, we would take that money for rent (still less than the monthly cost). It made rehab much more accessible, although I'm sure there are many right-wingnuts who would have had a bird if they knew their tax dollars were going to OW recipients in rehab.

I may or may not have a problem I may or may not be able to deal with alone, but I have a job and a cat to take care of ... The whole RoFo issue is kind of interesting for me since if I was a public servant I'd probably be catching a lot of shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back