431     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 946     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deserved? Really? For what - being a terrible mayor, being an addict, or just being a general annoyance? Although I suspect that some of the things alleged about him are probably true (i.e., beating Renata, arranging for his bro-in-law to be beaten in jail), I don't think he deserves "a little jailhouse justice" just because some people think he might have done something.

Over two dozen 911 calls to his house. I think moves him beyond the "might have done something" category.

I think SAL is just a contrarian. In internet terms, she's a troll. As you all know, a bunch of people simply get off on pushing buttons and she's one of them.

She's also anti-union meanwhile I believe she's in a union herself.
i'm anti-union, at least as far as they represent greed and corruption

but i'm also (reluctantly) a union member -- it's either sign up or you don't get the job

still, there is something to be said for collective bargaining which results in improved working conditions

but holding an employer hostage, i cannot condone

neither can i condone business squeezing every penny out of their labour force, e.g. laying off long time permanent employees, hiring part-timers at minimum wage

surely there's a middle ground somewhere, but i'm not sure where

bwahahahaha!!! Now we can freely speculate about Rob Ford's connections to the mafia -- because Rob himself confirmed them!! ;)

Thanks, Robbie!
I suspect Sandro oversold his mob connections to impress Ford when really it's just his uncle, who may not want anything to do with him in a criminal context as he doesn't want to piss his parents off.

I think SAL is just a contrarian. In internet terms, she's a troll. As you all know, a bunch of people simply get off on pushing buttons and she's one of them.

I don't know her, and don't read her, but I have met her briefly and actually found her to be quite pleasant. Of course, I felt the same way about RoFo when I met him briefly as a councillor.

I never claimed to be a good judge of character. :)

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 2.11.38 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 2.11.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 2.11.38 PM.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,070

I see it this way, too. Newspaper columnists can be like actors. Some of them play characters. They don't fake their beliefs, but the person behind column can sometimes be quite different than they appear in print. I know a few like that.

i'm anti-union, at least as far as they represent greed and corruption

but i'm also (reluctantly) a union member -- it's either sign up or you don't get the job

still, there is something to be said for collective bargaining which results in improved working conditions

but holding an employer hostage, i cannot condone

neither can i condone business squeezing every penny out of their labour force, e.g. laying off long time permanent employees, hiring part-timers at minimum wage

surely there's a middle ground somewhere, but i'm not sure where

I was always a member of a union. Fortunately, we did not have, and did not seek, the right to strike.

I suspect Sandro oversold his mob connections to impress Ford when really it's just his uncle, who may not want anything to do with him in a criminal context as he doesn't want to piss his parents off.

Sounds like something out of, "Crimes and Misdemeanors".

"Jack lives in the real world. You live in the kingdom of heaven. I'd managed to keep free of that real world but suddenly it's found me."

That said, it's troubling that the mayor is so closely associated with someone that he thinks is mob-connected, even if Sandro's actually a poser.

Seeing some demand for confirmation of Ford's rehab on twitter. No ethical facility would release client information and TMZ doesn't care about Ford so we'll have to wait for a grad with a social media account to spill the beans, if there are any.

Reminds me of a man I used to admire very much. Back in '70's, before all these programs were available. Guys wouldn't have asked for help back then even if they were.

He became addicted to Placidyl. He locked himself in a motel room and went through withdrawal for a week. As far as I know, he never had a relapse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back