Tickle tickle

A little bit of mischief a friend whipped up:

tickletickle.jpg

Attachments

• tickletickle.jpg
    tickletickle.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 813
Taking a second look at Mayor Rob Ford's fiscal record

Sue-Ann Levy coming to Ford's defense while reluctantly criticizing him a bit at the end. One thing that stands out to be from a previous column, Del Grande said Ford contributed very little to the budget process and yet he takes credit for the work of others. Del Grande said Ford doesn't even have the mental capacity to contribute anything meaningful to the achievements he claims credit for.

A gerbil that saved them a nickel on their property tax would get their vote. This comes back to those cab driver Ford supporters and others described along the way. They only care about the message and the perception that he has saved them money on their taxes, the facts don't faze them.

I agree, Albert.

Also, just my observation and opinion, FN folks do not trust city-slickers.

Of the seven top officials since my employment began, only one, Mayor Miller was from Toronto. They may no longer call it Metro, but it's still the same 240 square miles it always was.

It may be a long time before the FN types support another candidate who is not from the former boroughs. There have only been two garbage strikes since 1972, and the worst - by far - was on Mayor Miller's watch. I think many voters are still angry about that.

Even though it wasn't Miller's fault, because the public demanded he put an end to the Sick Bank Gratuity ( which had been in place since time immemorial ).

Having said that, the downtown area of the city has changed beyond recognition for me with all the new construction in recent years. So, maybe a mayor from Downtown is what Toronto needs?

In a lot of cases, I think the support for Ford is just people who feel disenfranchised saying "F you " to the people they don't like. Which is just about everyone. In this scenario, the worse Rob gets, and the more outraged people are, the more they like it.

That's really warped. But, I believe you are correct!

Last edited:

Sue-Ann Levy coming to Ford's defense while reluctantly criticizing him a bit at the end. One thing that stands out to be from a previous column, Del Grande said Ford contributed very little to the budget process and yet he takes credit for the work of others. Del Grande said Ford doesn't even have the mental capacity to contribute anything meaningful to the achievements he claims credit for.

Del Grande says CFO Rob Rossini actually confirmed that figure to him - and had even recently conceded the $1.1-billion included the $200-million "put back in taxpayers' pockets" when Toronto council cancelled the Personal Vehicle Tax during Ford's first six months in office.

So Del Grande ALSO doesn't understand why elimination of revenue can't be counted as "savings"? This city is screwed.

Rob Ford thrives simply because the other candidates are weak. Olivia Chow is weak. John Tory is weak.

And nowhere was that weakness more on display than the debate, when all the other candidates shirked away from even once mentioning the elephant in the room (Rob Ford's huge substance abuse problems and connections with criminal elements). They all seem to lack assertiveness to directly take on Rob Ford. Luckily for them, Rob Ford is Rob Ford's biggest problem - he brought himself down (at least for the time being).

So the crux of Sue Anne Levy's column is basically "Rob is a failure because his personal problems have completely overshadowed and masked the really, really awesome, fantastic job he actually did as Mayor".

Wow.

So the crux of Sue Anne Levy's column is basically "Rob is a failure because his personal problems have completely overshadowed and masked the really, really awesome, fantastic job he actually did as Mayor".

Wow.

It's SAL, you really can't expect much. Her twitter feed is hilarious though - the level of intransigence is shocking.

AoD

Wow.

I've given up trying to understand what motivates SAL to be such a cheerleader for Ford despite everything so far ... maybe a need for approval? It's a bit rich for her to talk about the effect his personal problems have had on his performance as mayor now, given that she's put so much effort into calling people 'bullies' for having the nerve to question his performance and actions precisely because of those personal problems.

the lemur:

I think she is, ultimately speaking, cut from the same kind of cloth as his worship. For all the walk, what's her own bio anyways?

AoD

A little jailhouse justice would be deserved but Ford would probably use his money and connections to bully other inmates. There's no place you could house him where innocent people would be safe.

Deserved? Really? For what - being a terrible mayor, being an addict, or just being a general annoyance? Although I suspect that some of the things alleged about him are probably true (i.e., beating Renata, arranging for his bro-in-law to be beaten in jail), I don't think he deserves "a little jailhouse justice" just because some people think he might have done something.

This is interesting. The word cloud from topoli for the last month. I didn't know that Don Peat was so popular!

Steve Ladurantaye ‏@sladurantaye
I guess the word cloud for #topoli over last 30 days wouldn’t surprise anyone either. pic.twitter.com/wgyZ2mhXbj
View attachment 25719

And nowhere was that weakness more on display than the debate, when all the other candidates shirked away from even once mentioning the elephant in the room (Rob Ford's huge substance abuse problems and connections with criminal elements). They all seem to lack assertiveness to directly take on Rob Ford. Luckily for them, Rob Ford is Rob Ford's biggest problem - he brought himself down (at least for the time being).

It looks to me like a "Good cop, bad cop" thing. Like in the movies, at least.

None of the candidates seem to want to play the Bad Cop role in the campaign or debates. They may soon be forced too, however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back