485     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 537     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 668     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Smyth's video of Rob coming home. Dan Jacobs and Mikey were there, and both apparently left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TZ-Wx33_A

They both left in their own cars. Did Ford drive himself home with both guys following him in their own cars? Or maybe Mikey's car was left parked in the street from earlier in the day, and he rode with Rob, then retrieved his car.

That kid's bike with the training wheels still on in the backyard breaks my heart :(

How has the Children's Aid Society not been involved yet?

Also, the media is really only focusing on him taking time off, and people that like him are applauding this. So it's really just more of the same. The media should be asking his supporters what they think of him saying those things in the audio recording. How they would feel if it was there mom there in that bar with Rob saying he would fuck her or whatever it was he said...

Giorgio wants us to stop bashing Rob Ford? I don't think so! He doesn't get to decide that. The guy is homophobic, and I am deeply offended by him as the mayor of this city.

It is curious that only urbantoronto members and some media have tried to shine a light on this appalling breach of ethics yet not a single elected representative, elections officer, town clerk, council member, business leader, developer or in fact anyone in any position of power has called for an investigation. In any other municipality, this alone would be a huge scandal which would end careers.
You didn't even mention the incompetence of our police force.
It's also curious that the liquor licensing board has not shut down Muzik.
Ah, what a city!

A timely reminder about our gutter mayor from January, 2014:

ddale8 Jan 23, 11:42am via Twitter for iPhone
Councillor John Parker on whether he believes anything Ford says: I believe Ford believes it at the moment he says it.

Tony Smyth's video of Rob coming home. Dan Jacobs and Mikey were there, and both apparently left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TZ-Wx33_A

They both left in their own cars. Did Ford drive himself home with both guys following him in their own cars? Or maybe Mikey's car was left parked in the street from earlier in the day, and he rode with Rob, then retrieved his car.

There were still a bunch of media trucks camped out there at 430 am today when I went past!

From today's Star. Anyone can party with the mayor just by hanging out at NPS.

Ford’s March 15 night at Muzik began innocently enough, with the slightly tipsy mayor outside city hall around 10 p.m. Torontonians will recall that was the occasion when a youth recorded the mayor using foul language and getting into a taxi with four men. It was unclear at the time if they were friends.

He had just met the men near the Nathan Phillips Square skating rink, according to two sources, and invited them back to his house, a 25-minute drive northwest to central Etobicoke. Ford has a wife and two young children but it was not known if they were home at that time.

After getting to his house, Ford called a “party bus,” which came and drove them all back south and then east to the Ex grounds.

How has the Children's Aid Society not been involved yet?

We don't know that they haven't. Children's Aid doesn't go public with most of its interventions. And its goal is to keep children close to family, where possible.

In the ITO, it's mentioned that Renata's parents spend the whole day, every day, there with the kids. This may well have been an arrangement brokered by Children's Aid to compensate for Renata's inability to reliably parent her two children. Rob's drunken and illegal behaviour is usually off-premises. Children's Aid may have decided that the children are better off with parents (who likely love them through their own addictive haze) than elsewhere. I'm not saying that would be a good call, just that it is possible.

With Ford now claiming he will go to rehab, it is unlikely CA would choose this moment to remove the children. Plus, time after time, CAS intervenes too little, too late. The "sanctity of the family" protects many a scoundrel and victimizes many a child. Like the 80s Doug, I was most appalled thatRob Ford took his children to the Garrison Ball and left them in the "care" of Lisi. I do feel these kids are at risk. In many cases, CAS will give custody to another family member. Not possible with the dredges of society that make up the Ford family. Very sad.

Today's Ford headlines:

Bmi8SsRCMAA10_a.jpg

Attachments

• Bmi8SsRCMAA10_a.jpg
    Bmi8SsRCMAA10_a.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,098
It's rumoured that they did indeed start an investigation last year.
so many rumours!
But none of the rumours explain why all the city's agencies are so incompetent. Or afraid. Or corrupt.
Police, Children's Aid...Ford's drug use has been knowingly going on for over a year with no repercussions. Even now, he gets to take a "leave of absence" instead of having any actual consequences against him.

Even Muzik seems to be impervious. They lobby City Hall, reward the mayor with free booze and a place to do drugs, and don't even have problems from the Liquor Board.

Last edited:
so many rumours!
But none of the rumours explain why all the city's agencies are so incompetent. Or afraid. Or corrupt.
Police, Children's Aid...Ford's drug use has been knowingly going on for over a year with no repercussions. Even now, he gets to take a "leave of absence" instead of having any actual consequences against him.

Even Muzik seems to be impervious. They lobby City Hall, reward the mayor with free booze and a place to do drugs, and don't even have problems from the Liquor Board.
This is what continues to boggle the mind. It's the bigger story but Ford always manages to deflect

Why is nobody at the Sun embarrassed at how terrible and low-brow their paper looks?

Because of. This.

Live: CP24, 8:09am, a tow truck driver - "I'm sick of them going after him. Go Rob, I think he's an amazing man and he's done so much for this city. He's got my vote".

Get it? This is nowhere near from being over.

JProskowGlobal 7:54am via Twitter for iPhone
I'm told Mayor Rob Ford's written notice of leave of absence does not specify length of absence or any timeframes for return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back