638     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 576     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 716     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost tragic how MetroMan has so thoroughly fucked his reputation up right after publicly identifying himself.

Tchc

To be crass, what is in it for you as a TCHC board member? Were you appointed by Ford? No. (You were appointed by city council; the same councillors who voted 40:2, or 39:3, to un-delegate powers from Ford.) Can you be removed by Ford? No. (See above.) Did you already crap on Jones? Yes. (Bonus denied, etc.)

(A) Did Jones lay off people that ought to have gone (Ford's 'cleaning house' narrative)? Maybe. (B) Did Jones hire people in a grossly inappropriate manner (single-sourced, no qualifications, no references, etc.)? Yes indeed.

Is Ford attempting to get people to look at (A) as if (B) did not exist? Of course. (X is sleeping. Y shot Z. 'But Y is not sleeping. Mr. Dale!')

Last edited:
Almost tragic how MetroMan has so thoroughly fucked his reputation up right after publicly identifying himself.

I never understood why people were so jazzed about MM. When it comes to the TPS, he's a third-hand source of second-hand office chatter from a person or people who are not involved with Giroux's investigation. It's fun to read, but you've got to take it for it is. Anything more is just confirmation bias.

FYI. The Toronto Sun is following Goldsbie and also reporting that the TCHC board is lining up to fire Jones. It's a Sue-Ann Levy column, so I won't post a link. (Aside from the first couple sentences, it's just her usual bile). I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. I wonder if Rob will turn it into another circus.

Just wanted to point out a parallel in how two major Toronto-related crime stories, played out last month (at OPP/TPS level). The Ford and Commisso mafia stories are seemingly unconnected, but the Commissos were generous Ford campaign contributors, so there is at least a paper connection. I am comfortable believing/hoping that there is more than that. The CBC's Fifth Estate and Toronto Star have been looking into the Commisso and friends story for some time and they have clearly caused some waves, with more to come. The preliminary questioning clearly spooked LIUNA and caused them to go all out with a deflection defense, while Cosimo Commisso actually had to talk to the media... to probably get a sense of how bad this may get for all involved. Everyone else clammed up. Self-preservation moves all around.

Back to the police. Below are some Toronto Star quotes and the date listed refers to the event...

March 5, 2014 - At noon Wednesday, the Toronto Police announced that the OPP was taking over “oversight” of the probe into possible “criminality” on the part of numerous people, including Mayor Ford."

March 12, 2014 - On March 12, union officials in Toronto sent a letter to the deputy commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police seeking “assistance to investigate and determine, if you see fit, whether (CLF) is controlled by organized crime or whether (it) is of interest to the OPP Organized Crime and Enforcement Bureau or the OPP generally.”

March 27, 2014 - In a letter dated March 27, the OPP advised the union local that their inquiry had been forwarded to the Toronto Police Service, which “may request the assistance of the OPP if they deem necessary.”

April 3, 2014 - In a short statement by OPP communications officer Sgt. Pierre Chamberland, the force said Wednesday that “the OPP has determined that there is no role for further investigation because to date there is no new information or evidence that has been provided to the OPP.”

The March 27th letter from the OPP indicated that "jurisdiction" was the reason it was being referred to TPS. A few days later they send the Ford file back. My internal coincidence meter is forcing me to wonder about whether they had to in the short term.

I guess....unless he ends up being right. Maybe the Fords will get brought down on bigger charges, but we are all too impatient to have faith. Or maybe our system is so utterly corrupt, that he will slide on by. (If that is the case, I do hope that inspires a revolutino/evolution in this apathetic town.)
The best thing is to wait and listen to which way the wind is blowing.

Comisso is Ndrangheta all the way. Calabrese. They own those bakeries in Etobicoke and Vaughan. Managers shot in either one. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Ford connection. Cops are dirty too though. I don't think the OPP or TPS will do a damn thing.

FYI. The Toronto Sun is following Goldsbie and also reporting that the TCHC board is lining up to fire Jones. It's a Sue-Ann Levy column, so I won't post a link. (Aside from the first couple sentences, it's just her usual bile). I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. I wonder if Rob will turn it into another circus.

Of course he will! He set the table for it today with his presser. Tomorrow, Jones will be fired and Ford will be faux-indignant with anyone who will listen to him and say it's all political.

I do think this may be a possibility... RDB surrounds himself with drug addicts who do his work.. he really is a piece of work

Well its certainly true that KNR seems to have hired a really stoned high school student to write the copy for their website. WTF is this stuff?

"We at KNR recognize that leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he truly wants to do it – thus good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them. Furthermore, outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel; if people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.
The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves."

"leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he truly wants to do it"?
"good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them"?

really?

http://www.eco-knr.com/our_team-old/

Last edited:
Eugene Jones was brought to TCH to clean up a mess. It's a simple as that folks. Corruption, waste, and poor service to tenants were major problems and Eugene was told to clean it up. He has done an excellent job in doing so.

Apparently not Robbie

I like this little summation from the Grid...

There you have it: ignorance, irresponsibility, and a stubborn sense of entitlement. And in doing what? Hiring people without a proper competitive process; ignoring conflicts of interest; giving people salaries and massive raises on a whim; firing whole scores of others without cause; creating a culture of fear among employees; giving his own Executive Assistant an executive-level salary, then insisting she also be paid overtime in contravention of the rules, and then participating in an accounting fraud to hide her salary from public exposure. And through it all, he says either “I didn’t know†or “it’s my prerogative.â€

“Abject failure of leadership from the top,†the ombudsman says, and in that she could be describing the entire governance of the city under Rob Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back