1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 775     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a couple of raves back in the day. Last one was in a hockey arena in Etobicoke. And we used to party at system until the sun came up. Ecstasy makes you feel on top of the world! But then that's followed by a few days of depression.

Best memory of System Soundbar: Evil P playing U2's Where the Streets Have No Name as an encore when then lights came on. Song never sounded better.

As far as this Muzik situation, I can't get my head around how it is above board that any business that has a contract with the city could provide free food and drinks to any politician's BBQ.

Last edited:
You have to think there is a whole organizing committee in charge of keeping tabs on Ford during Wednesday's funeral. I would not be surprised if they place him in the back of the seating plan with Norm Kelly sitting with the official dignitaries. Mind you, that might only provoke him like the ACC incident when he was barred from the Executive Suite.

For those still paying attention, it was close but cronyism has won over safety, and generating income for the city. I must say that the ruling was specific of which areas...

'Raves' given the boot from Exhibition Place

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/11/raves-given-the-boot-from-exhibition-place

There is a small silver lining to this ridiculous decision - it seems to be recruiting people to the RFMG camp. From the comments on that article:

"...This is a hand-over-fist cash grab, with corrupt politicians backing it all the way. If I was neutral on Rob Ford and his cronies before (hey,we all a few skeletons in our closet) I'm STRONGLY opposed to them now."

"...This should be looked into and reversed as anyone with an iq over 50 can see it for what it is, complete BS.Quite frankly my support for this admin just dropped 25% [...]"

You have to think there is a whole organizing committee in charge of keeping tabs on Ford during Wednesday's funeral. I would not be surprised if they place him in the back of the seating plan with Norm Kelly sitting with the official dignitaries. Mind you, that might only provoke him like the ACC incident when he was barred from the Executive Suite.

I agree. As actual head of a working Toronto, DM Kelly should be sitting with the official dignitaries. Although, I don't know if Robbie will be put at the kids table, he still has the title of mayor, and that still accords him the right to represent Toronto. Either way, Robbie's trend to self aggrandize will take over, hopefully not at the funeral.

I agree. As actual head of a working Toronto, DM Kelly should be sitting with the official dignitaries. Although, I don't know if Robbie will be put at the kids table, he still has the title of mayor, and that still accords him the right to represent Toronto. Either way, Robbie's trend to self aggrandize will take over, hopefully not at the funeral.

No doubt Doug will announce that they've been asked to serve as pallbearers and then need to backtrack.

There is a small silver lining to this ridiculous decision - it seems to be recruiting people to the RFMG camp. From the comments on that article:

"...This is a hand-over-fist cash grab, with corrupt politicians backing it all the way. If I was neutral on Rob Ford and his cronies before (hey,we all a few skeletons in our closet) I'm STRONGLY opposed to them now."

"...This should be looked into and reversed as anyone with an iq over 50 can see it for what it is, complete BS.Quite frankly my support for this admin just dropped 25% [...]"

Yes, it seems Toronto is starting to become a little more like Montréal in regards to political corruption.

(Un)fortunately we are still a piece away from torches and pitchforks. ;)

No doubt Doug will announce that they've been asked to serve as pallbearers and then need to backtrack.

Never thought of that, my cynicism is slipping. :)

Last edited:

I think Kelly will be in Asia next week.

Best memory of System Soundbar: Evil P playing U2's Where the Streets Have No Name as an encore when then lights came on. Song never sounded better.

As far as this Muzik situation, I can't get my head around how it is above board that any business that has a contract with the city could provide free food and drinks to any politician's BBQ.

Because IOKIYARF*

*It's Okay If You Are Rob Ford

"Kelly along with Councillors Michelle Berardinetti, Pam McConnell and Giorgio Mammoliti will be in Taipei from Monday until next Saturday, the Toronto Sun has learned."

That's got to make for one hell of an awkward cab ride from the airport. Kelly will end up having to drive because the cabbie is too drunk, Berardinetti and McConnell will try to sit as close to the middle as possible and Mammoliti will stay perched on the passenger seat with his head out the window. Back home, Rob Ford will sit in his company-owned car and yell at them for not taking a rickshaw.

He doesn't have a Russian name... Serbian, Macedonian, maybe. But who knows...

He goes by Zlatko right? That's diminutive ('pet name') for Zlatan... which approximately literally means golden in most Slavic languages.

If you believe the internet... it looks like it derived from "Starkovskiy", found mainly in Russia and Belarus

http://locatemyname.com/russia/Starkovskiy

That's the family name, in Eastern Europe those travel far and wide due to the whole USSR thing. His given name isn't Russian, which is more important. Says nothing about a possible connection to the so-called "Russian mafia", just interesting I suppose.

Plenty of sleaze-balls in the nightlife industry connected to plenty of sleaze-balls of all sorts of lineage.

State funerals are federal events and use federal precedence. The mayor of Toronto has no standing in federal precedence. I'd be surprised if the mayor or DM is included with official dignitaries.

That said, people who are not on the ToP can be inserted wherever, but given what will likely be a huge turnout of people at both the provincial and federal level, I doubt there will be much effort made to accommodate Ford. I would expect his attendance would be seen by Canadian Heritage as a friend rather than as mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back