2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 804     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the family name, in Eastern Europe those travel far and wide due to the whole USSR thing. His given name isn't Russian, which is more important. Says nothing about a possible connection to the so-called "Russian mafia", just interesting I suppose.

Same site gives first name stats...

http://locatemyname.com/name/Zlatko

http://locatemyname.com/name/Zlatan

Although the first name seems to be common in the Balkans, the last name is still quite a rare one. So I'll go with the combo guess until someone proves otherwise... Russian dad, Serbian mom. Mom got to pick.

Last edited:
I think Kelly will be in Asia next week.

"Kelly along with Councillors Michelle Berardinetti, Pam McConnell and Giorgio Mammoliti will be in Taipei from Monday until next Saturday, the Toronto Sun has learned."

I missed that, thanks.

State funerals are federal events and use federal precedence. The mayor of Toronto has no standing in federal precedence. I'd be surprised if the mayor or DM is included with official dignitaries.

That said, people who are not on the ToP can be inserted wherever, but given what will likely be a huge turnout of people at both the provincial and federal level, I doubt there will be much effort made to accommodate Ford. I would expect his attendance would be seen by Canadian Heritage as a friend rather than as mayor.

Very true, thank you. The whole behavior issue unfortunately may still be in play.

Last edited:
Incidentally, recalling some of those MetroMannish murmurs about *really* major political-or-whatever figures caught up in the Ford investigation, I've been party to some pretty open Facebook talk (maybe also on Twitter, though I'm not a Twitterer) about Flaherty being a functional alky and a known client of prostitutes; which definitely invites some put-two-and-two-together speculation.

However, I'm only reporting what I've witnessed posted. I'm advancing no theories; and I don't mean to wee on the grave of the freshly departed--it's other people's wee, anyway. So, cum grano salis, unless something blows wide open. (And even then, don't forget how the Layton rub'n'tug smear backfired.)

rob ford will be at the funeral considering their family ties to Flaherty.

Not surprised, since on such personal grounds it'd be oddly inconsiderate for him not to do so--whether he handles it "inconsiderately" is another matter, of course. (Of course, watch the Left pounce upon that the way the Right pounced upon Castro at PET's funeral. Difference being, of course, that Castro didn't--and wouldn't have been expected to--handle it less than considerately.)

rob ford will be at the funeral considering their family ties to Flaherty.

I see a sequel to "Wedding Crashers" ("Funeral Crashers"?) coming out of this, if Rob attends. A lot of notes, selfies, hidden video surveillance will be recorded for future reference. Now, where's the wake?

When I arranged the wake for my father at a Chinese buffet restaurant, I paid for the first drink for everyone. After that, the guests had to pay for their own extra drinks.

Last edited:
I have no problem with residents footing the bill for public officials on a trade mission to Asia. Yet knowing that Mammo is going makes me reconsider.

Incidentally, recalling some of those MetroMannish murmurs about *really* major political-or-whatever figures caught up in the Ford investigation, I've been party to some pretty open Facebook talk (maybe also on Twitter, though I'm not a Twitterer) about Flaherty being a functional alky and a known client of prostitutes; which definitely invites some put-two-and-two-together speculation.

However, I'm only reporting what I've witnessed posted. I'm advancing no theories; and I don't mean to wee on the grave of the freshly departed--it's other people's wee, anyway. So, cum grano salis, unless something blows wide open. (And even then, don't forget how the Layton rub'n'tug smear backfired.)

Adma,

Spill it! Tell us what u know/ heard. Vee have vays to make u talk, ya!

Unlikely to be Polish since the last name contains a v rather than a w. Zlatko is definitely Balkan; Starkovski is much more frequent on .mk (Macedonia) sites than on Croatian or Serbian ones.

There was a time that spelling of one's name was not that important. Joseph Bloore was an innkeeper and brewer, who founded the village of Yorkville, and ended up with his misspelled name on Bloor Street.

There are other misspellings even today by immigrants who don't even know how to spell and end up taking any spelling of their name. Some don't bother correcting their names.

@MetroManTO:eek:ne domino falls, others fall along. A federal MP allegedly sullied over Ford scandal.

@micachoices: this federal MP wasn't Flaherty was it?

‏@MetroManTO: There's a possibility that things will move along a little quicker now.

Does that sound like Metroman confirming? There certainly was talk here before about JF's involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back