1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now according to DoFo, Johnson and Tarasco are just "supporters".

I love how statements keep changing from day to day.

Last edited:
The Fords remind me of people from my old Eastern Ave neighbourhood circa 1975. The word-play jokes members were toying with a few days ago like "intensive purposes" and the like are typical of people either do not take the time to listen or fully comprehend what is said or written. I'm not sure if it is impatience, or just a stubborn unwillingness to self-correct, but both Doug and Rob Ford utter some hilarious Malaprops or eggcorns. I wish we had a list of them all.

Probably just a failure to listen, reinforced by constantly hearing the same thing from one's peer group. There are also examples from Mammoliti, such as 'exasperate' for 'exacerbate' ('That's just exasperating the problem').

The idea that Ford is a serious candidate has been overblown by everyone, including his fellow candidates who want to use anti-Ford sentiment to their advantage. But the idea he will be re-elected mayor is laughable. The Forum polls used are also heavily skewed to the elderly, and the make up of the next election is likely going to be non-traditional and turnout will be abnormally high.

Well, that was also the sentiment during the last Federal election, and Harper returned with a majority, with voter turnout not being as high as expected.

I think people who are interested in politics and the issues sometimes overestimate how interested in disintersted majority are, which is understandable because we tend to congregate, either online or inperson, with likeminded people.

I think the best thing for the other contenders to do (beyond having solid platforms, of course) is get out and meet as many people in the city as they can, and work to connect on them one-on-one. Whatever his weaknesses, Ford is pretty good at this. They also need to memorize the facts on the multitude of lies he spews in debates, and use them to counter them when he repeats them. Beyond that, I think the credible candidates should ignore him, like a 5 year old sitting at the kids' table who tries to interrupt their nice family dinner. They correct him, then ignore him because they don't want to reward the bad behaviour by giving him attention.

I had posted a picture of Drunk Rob on my FB on the weekend, and a friend commented that Rob "was still better than the last guy, and better than most of the people gunning for his job". It's important not to underestimate him or discount him, nor expect something like charges to keep him from forging ahead.

Listening to Dufus on CP24 makes my ears bleed. He's such a dick. Now he's picking on the CBC when the CBC reporter trying to ask a question....

The Fords remind me of people from my old Eastern Ave neighbourhood circa 1975. The word-play jokes members were toying with a few days ago like "intensive purposes" and the like are typical of people either do not take the time to listen or fully comprehend what is said or written. I'm not sure if it is impatience, or just a stubborn unwillingness to self-correct, but both Doug and Rob Ford utter some hilarious Malaprops or eggcorns. I wish we had a list of them all.

It's not rocket appliances to see why they hired a trailer park boy.

hahah basic.

On another note Douggie just told reporters "I don't know why you guys focus on the little things like who is donating money" and "Rob's opponents all have corrupt people working on their campaigns" and my favourite, "Rob and I will never be involved in a scandal."

Listening to Dufus on CP24 makes my ears bleed. He's such a dick. Now he's picking on the CBC when the CBC reporter trying to ask a question....

ditto

The Fed's fund CBC, & he was trying to drag the Provincial race into it again too. DoFo's almost as good at staying off message as RoFo is at staying on it.
although I did actually laugh at the line: "I don't know why you guys focus on the little stuff like who is donating money" it sounded like "we don't want Ford Nation to know or care about these businessmen (developers) and that they are actually the elites that pay for you to hate them, while they continue to screw you, daily" but maybe that was just me.

Why should Rob and Doug escape the meme of the week? Although really, it would explain a lot.
rob doug hydra.jpg

Attachments

• rob doug hydra.jpg
    rob doug hydra.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 845
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back