348     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 843     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 646     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A timely reminder for the weekend--CBC's Mansbridge and Ford interview from November 2013.

The mayor surprised many when he said in the interview that he is "finished" with drinking. He told Mansbridge he hasn't "touched a drop of alcohol in three weeks." When asked whether he is done with alcohol and will never drink again, he answered, "Finished. I've had a come to Jesus moment if you want to call it that."

Wondering if Rob Ford has actually become a genius of modern electoral politicking. Nobody wants a selfie with Olivia Chow. And even if they did, what social traction would it get? John Tory will likely denounce 'the selfie' in a ten-point memorandum as soon as he figures out what 'selfie' means. When he does he'll surely embrace it awkwardly. And it will be...awkward. Great Sun FP photos, though. Socknacki will still be trying to find focus on his Brownie while Stintz passively/aggressively photobombs a Polaroid SX-70 somewhere. We'll never know where.

Point is, Ford gets his fluorescent face out there through Twitter while doing the only thing he does well - getting bombed and having fun. Cost = 0. None of the other 'politicians' in the hurdy-gurdy, hari-kiri, late-night-news-cycle. 24/7 WTF world of modern political coverage could pull it off in a way that seems any way 'real' or 'genuine'. Ford somehow can.

Reminds me of Brett Lamb's recent cartoon in Torontoist:

http://torontoist.com/2014/02/glad-hand-the-bar/

20140213GladHand.jpg

A timely reminder for the weekend--CBC's Mansbridge and Ford interview from November 2013.

The mayor surprised many when he said in the interview that he is "finished" with drinking. He told Mansbridge he hasn't "touched a drop of alcohol in three weeks." When asked whether he is done with alcohol and will never drink again, he answered, "Finished. I've had a come to Jesus moment if you want to call it that."

He's already come out and said he's drinking again in that interview with Matt Lauer.

Look, the more contradictions and lies we point out, the angrier we get, the more Ford Nation likes him... precisely because he makes us so mad. I'm beginning to come around to the idea that the most effective way to get rid of him is to just ignore him 90% of the time and throw concrete facts in his face the other 10%.

She appears to work in liquor promotions to support her education. She was at probably at the game to be eyecandy for some brand. Check out the Ford selfie Facebook profile pic of her friend: https://www.facebook.com/taylor.horan22

I used to be 'eye candy' for Bright's Wines many, many years ago. Don't knock it - it pays well!

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 16m
@micachoices tips received about a judge not involved in the case on an official capacity also implicated.

Hopefully someone will have a more specific recollection than mine, but I certainly seem to recall an allusion to exactly this-- a judge with, I think, drug involvement-- coming up in the discussion many months ago. Very, very interesting.

Hopefully someone will have a more specific recollection than mine, but I certainly seem to recall an allusion to exactly this-- a judge with, I think, drug involvement-- coming up in the discussion many months ago. Very, very interesting.

It was mentioned in the original Gawker video -- the crack video broker said that a number of Toronto elite got their drugs from this gang, including a hockey commentator and a judge.

You're not imagining. It came up in the guessing game re: "prominent sports broadcaster." Normally I'd look it up but I need my sleep.

No doubt some UTer will get all googlefu-ey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back