251     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 672     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martino helped fund a Jenny James fundraiser.

Bugger - can't cut and paste but links to a Warmington story.

Last edited:
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/06/conrad-black-mayor-rob-ford-and-jenny-james
Thursday night, the Fords were attending a couple of fundraisers. I picked up the trail at the Albany Club, Calvin Barry and Paula Stamp’s event for Autism. It was a who’s who of the legal and business world and hosted by Mike Bullard, who introduced Ford as “one of the mayor’s of Toronto.”

From there I tagged along as they headed over to the Mod Club on College St. for the Share the Love fundraiser for the storm ravaged people of Philippines put together by Jenny James and her husband Brian Mann and supported by Bruno of Mamma Martino’s fame and many other businesses.

It was a full-circle affair kind of thing since Jenny James not only played both Scarborough and Etobicoke FordFests in the summer but also with her band and producer wrote the song Mayor Ford (The World Will Remember).

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 11m
3 - At the same time, a CTV source corroborated by a member of the media said that CTV had received a tip about a warrant for Fords property

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 13m
2 - People close to TPS said evidence garnered from Lisi's phone, namely calls to Ford placed him as an instructor to retrieve the video.

I'm grateful for Metroman for sharing what he learns. I am learning to parse it carefully though.

2. Ford having called Lisi seconds or minutes before Lisi allegedly makes wiretapped threats certainly "places" Ford as the instructor, but it doesn't prove it. As others have mentioned, Ford may well have said "Take care of this video, using any legal means necessary" :) It is circumstantial evidence, but not on its own enough. It's like that wording "indicative to that of drug trafficking". That's fine, but as per Ruby's commentary, were all these resources used merely to obtain "indications" with no proof?

3. So CTV received a "tip about a warrant". Was the tip that there WAS a warrant issued, or that the police were hoping/wishing/dreaming of getting one?

We're all assuming the 'political' stuff is coming from the OPP to shut down the iron-clad case against Ford. What if it's actually the opposite?

Suppose the TPS rented a plane and used the resources of their top investigative team for months, and didn't come up with anything against Ford that would stand up in court. How can they possibly cover their butt and pass the buck about this fiasco?

Why not bring in the OPP, OPP will say what the TPS already knows (there's nothing that will stand up in court), the TPS can say, well, we didn't waste money, we had a case but politics got in the way, nothing we could do about it. Get mad at the OPP.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 2h
@micachoices TPS uncharacteristically candid in last month on details of Brazen 2: The leaks to mainstream media, Giroux interviews.

They would be, if they were trying to spin a story.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 2h
@gavingraham Will Lisi plead guilty? If not, he must implicate Ford to partially exonerate himself.

Really? The Nuremberg defense is the only defense Lisi could use? I'm not guilty because Der Rob made me do it? How would that even help his case?

If Slob is arrested, then what I've suggested is wrong. But from what I see, the TPS dropped the ball and I don't see how the evidence could be there (they didn't tap Slob's phone, they didn't take samples of the packages, etc). Blaming the lack of charges on mysterious higher forces serves to let them off the hook for their sloppiness.

Last edited:
What I can't understand is: how come the TPS never tapped Rob Ford's phone? Or did they?

It seems like the logical thing to do. I bet they would have, almost by default, run into illegal activity then.

Eek! The sweat stains! My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!

That is most likely percoset or oxy sweating he's got going on. VERY common side effect.

It's just a matter of time before Rub fucks up, takes his usual dose of opiates and drinks a few too many and gets filmed being a drunken buffoon.

According to Rosie DiManno, "detectives are still wading through the reams of material they obtained following their last two warrants".

That's good news.

why does a guy with two names ending in consonants seem to have only friends having two names ending in vowels?

Joe tweets,

His enemies seem to have underestimated his draw and star power

I saw Renata down there too. Nice lady.

I tested his drink as I usually do. Coca Cola.But I didn't see him after sixth inning

( Someone asked if Joe cuts his meat for him too. ;) - casita )

I don't care what he does in his personal life.

The TPS guys who took care of Mayor Ford at times were incredible. Very impressive ( Looked like a small army of cops, judging by the pics - casita )

https://twitter.com/joe_warmington

Last edited:
I really can't believe Warmington finds work in this town. What a tool.

I remember Joe's early days as "The Night Scrawler", chasing after minor celebrities in bars/restaurants to report on what they were eating/drink and who they were hanging with, real tough investigative journalism!

Warmington has no idea of how dumb he looks. He tastes Ford's drinks? Interesting, did he also taste Ford's beer last night and deem it to be coke, too? Notice he used the term coca cola, not coke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back