141     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 745     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 617     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery man is the guy on Ford's left. They've moved on to King St.
Edit: Maybe they went there before the game 5 hours ago? Oh wait. Nevermind. It wouldn't have been dark. I'm confused by the "5h" in the photo. I thought that meant 5 hours ago. Damn technology.
BkbKRynCEAAUfVB.jpg

Gotta be a 1st cousin with the exactly matching noses... off to the Googles...

Mystery man is the guy on Ford's left. They've moved on to King St.
Edit: Maybe they went there before the game 5 hours ago? Oh wait. Nevermind. It wouldn't have been dark. I'm confused by the "5h" in the photo. I thought that meant 5 hours ago. Damn technology.
He looks so much worse than even a year ago. He is on a rapid decline.

Who needs CSIS or the NSA?

IG:therealtmajor ‏@teemajor 25m
Just seen ROB FORD at the weston RD LLCBO ppl are going crazy taking. Pics

Oh she's just some 20 year old who's been at UWO for the past ~3 years. She seems nice enough and well travelled and just took an opportunity to take a picture with a 'celebrity'.

You guys are fast to judge people who take pictures with Ford. I think I'd take a picture with him too if I was from out of town.

Personally I'd set my phone to video, make him think I was taking a picture, and then ask him a bunch of questions and film him running away... But you can't expect that from everybody. It's cruel to jump on innocent people just because they want a photo with the weirdo who is always in the news.

Oh she's just some 20 year old who's been at UWO for the past ~3 years. She seems nice enough and well travelled and just took an opportunity to take a picture with a 'celebrity'.

You guys are fast to judge people who take pictures with Ford. I think I'd take a picture with him too if I was from out of town.

Personally I'd set my phone to video, make him think I was taking a picture, and then ask him a bunch of questions and film him running away... But you can't expect that from everybody. It's cruel to jump on innocent people just because they want a photo with the weirdo who is always in the news.

We need to make it an issue then. Taking selfies with him enables him. He thinks those people like him. He needs to be ignored.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's what happens when a forum's had so much invested in an "arrest pool" mindset that winds up getting scotched; but...the last 36-48 hours of posting in this thread's gotten *really* resignedly dreary.

And yet, hovering above it all; by my estimation, except maybe among the realm of Sun commenters and Twitter trolls, whatever "Ford triumphant" mood in the air seems a *lot* more muffled than it "ought to be". Even amongst the Fords themselves; their response to the turn of events has been oddly battery-drained. They may not be technically *busted*, but they're definitely walking wounded. Even the present Ford Nation Youtube episode's oddly wan (granted, though--it was likely produced *before* this turn of events).

Oh, and if I may "be adma" for a sec, to say "oh fuuuuucccckkk, Rob Ford's not going to be charged, this paves the way for his reelection etc etc" is like saying "oh fuuuuucccckkk, Boston City Hall's beed declared an architectural landmark, we'll never get rid of this concrete eyesore now".

header_img.jpg

We need to make it an issue then. Taking selfies with him enables him. He thinks those people like him. He need to be ignored.

Doesn't freakin' matter if it enables him or what he thinks. As he himself has pointed out, Toronto will make their decision in October, and as far as I know selfies don't count as votes.

And let's be honest, he's going to think that people like him regardless.

The reality is that those people don't give a single shit about him, or Toronto municipal politics, and just think he's a sideshow. And that's totally fair. I'm completely on board with that.

If he's taking strong painkillers (Tylenol 3/Oxy) and/or muscle relaxants - and drinking alcohol, this idiot could put himself into liver failure. Presuming the whole "pulled back" story is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back