228     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 783     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 628     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many are over-thinking this stuff. This ITO stuff is the stuff they use to get more info, which means you're always behind what they know. I'm sure they have plenty of evidence but, give the range and significance of the charges on the table, want to have everything just so, so the city's slipperiest eel doesn't get away.

As for the crown not knowing Lisi's motive...I mean, read between the lines. "Your honour, we have plenty of evidence of Mr. Lisi aggressively trying to retrieve a video of his friend, the MAYOR OF TORONTO SMOKING CRACK and we also know that he previously offered gang members marijuana in exchange for the MAYOR OF TORONTO's lost phone but, geeze, we just can't figure out why he was doing these things."

They know the motive, obviously. Equally obvious is that the iCloud stuff, no doubt still being analyzed, was specifically obtained in the hopes it would PROVE (ie "beyond a reasonable doubt") that Lisi wasn't just doing this because Rob is such a sweet guy but because he was told do so.

What hard evidence they have right now is the question, followed by how much of it has been disclosed to the crown in this hearing. As someone else pointed out, it's possible they don't know, because their job is prosecuting Lisi. It doesn't seem far-fetched to assume there's some plausible deniability at work and the people working the Ford side of things are keeping them in the dark. I wouldn't read very much into or get too disappointed by the crown's apparent lack of understanding about Lisi's motives.

(As for turning Lisi, if the Apple stuff is substantial, that ship has sailed for him. They will smile and wave at him, letting him know they got the proof they needed without him, thank you very much, and he can enjoy that little bit of extra time on jail he earned for standing by his man. Of course, that depends what's in the cloud but it sounds like they hope/expect to find a full-on smoking gun there.)

Last edited:
It's also worth mentioning that the last bit of ITO we got included a part about the unprecedented media interest in the case & how the investigation was still ongoing & investigators didn't want anything getting out that might jeopardize their investigation. It's possible that even if in a regular scenario the ITOs would be more thorough, they've made some sort of exception here because the ITOs so quickly become available to the public.

(As for turning Lisi, if the Apple stuff is substantial, that ship has sailed for him. They will smile and wave at him, letting him know they got the proof they needed without him, thank you very much, and he can enjoy that little bit of extra time on jail he earned for standing by his man. Of course, that depends what's in the cloud but it sounds like they hope/expect to find a full-on smoking gun there.)

Well said.

One other thing to consider, each time the media goes to court so does Lisi's lawyer, which costs BIGTIME. Typically lawyers charge 2 rates, one for office work and then a huge premium for court work, these bills are going to be sent off on a regular basis to Lisi and I suspect at some point they will start to think "Is this really worth it to protect a fuckup like Rub".

I had a relative that went to court using a high end lawyer (Harry Black) for a simple impaired driving charge that he won in an hour of court time cost over $30,000. I don't know how deep Lisi's pockets are or how deep his parents pockets are but at some point I suspect it'll be time to throw Rob under the bus.

P.S. Harry Black usually defends Toronto cops that get in trouble with the law.

"I'm not a (convicted) criminal... now let's talk potholes."

reporterdonpeat 3:56pm via Web
Mayor Rob Ford having a 4:15 p.m. presser at City Hall on road operations.

Well said.

One other thing to consider, each time the media goes to court so does Lisi's lawyer, which costs BIGTIME. Typically lawyers charge 2 rates, one for office work and then a huge premium for court work, these bills are going to be sent off on a regular basis to Lisi and I suspect at some point they will start to think "Is this really worth it to protect a fuckup like Rub".

I had a relative that went to court using a high end lawyer (Harry Black) for a simple impaired driving charge that he won in an hour of court time cost over $30,000. I don't know how deep Lisi's pockets are or how deep his parents pockets are but at some point I suspect it'll be time to throw Rob under the bus.

P.S. Harry Black usually defends Toronto cops that get in trouble with the law.

This assumes it's Lisi or his parents paying his legal bills. I suspect the person really paying has much deeper pockets than either of them.

Red Herring

She ran off to Asia

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to catch up with all this. If she ran off to Asia, why did she abandon her vehicle on a residential street? Also, why did her Facebook page suddenly appear in December of 2013, but she has no 'friends' - isn't that the whole point of opening a Facebook account? There also has never been an update from TPS stating she was found. Even the press have never addressed this. Seems odd to me. Trying to make sense of it all.

What? So RoFo got some crack from Elena and she got a roll in the sack with him as payment? That doesn't compute.

Oh god no, Elena got crack from the deep pocketed mayor and paid with....shudders

And wasn't Ford caught on video with Lisi post-arrest? You can rest assured someone with lots of money has a vested interest in keeping Lisi's mouth shut.

AoD

Two things I would love to see happen during the debates, but never will:

1) Moderator or audience member asks Olivia Chow "If you are convicted of extortion, drug trafficking or any other crimes would you step down as mayor?"

2) When responding to a question Soknacki replies "Well, I've saved the city a billion dollars" then when asked to clarify responds "What? I thought we were just allowed to say that?"

Well technically, David Miller saved the city 2 billion dollars, using Ford's math. Though that might've been over the course of his two terms, Soknacki could claim that as Miller's budget chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back